How much do you value intelligence in your significant other?

Im just wondering on how others feel about this subject.

• Its the most important thing
  • Its very important to me
  • Its of moderate importance to me
    Vote C
  • It isn't that important to me
    Vote D
  • It isn't important to me at all
    Vote E

2251

Most Helpful Guy

• Very important, only next to love; without that you don't have anything. I married a MIT physics major, and NCAA swimmer. I'm pretty sure she is smarter than me, but I'm not threatened by it. I can do things she can't. We have great conversations, laughs and love.

Most Helpful Girl

• The second.

What Guys Said 50

• it's very important to me

• Nikola Tesla
    Isaac Newton
    and Immanuel Kant
    Never had girlfriends.

So remember that
    When girls say
    They value intelligence.

What they actually MEAN is that they value intelligence in hot guys:

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...0-8694-4ef8718f8e75.jpg

• I think they were too focused on their work to have a girlfriend rather than girls didn't want them. I've seen uglier guys with girlfriends.

• Nikola tesla was daddy af I don't know what you're talking about, and Nikola telsa also said he was in love with a pigeon, so... like... thats probably why he didn't have a girlfriend.

• not true, I dont care about ABs.

• Well... A person can always learn new things get "smarter".

COMMON SENSE/Street SMARTS are IMPORTANT. And either you are born with it or NOT.

Most of the People with BA, Doctorates, Masters are SOME of the DUMBEST People I know.

• That's because sitting in a chair reading books and studying facts in a book all day doesn't equate not translate to real world circumstances nor street smarts. The majority of well educated people often lack real life experiences and are often lost how to slove or navigate through life.

• @Hispanic-Cool-Guy It's not even the streets smarts... It's the Common sense. I know 8yrs olds that no better not to do things that 40yr $100k/year people do.

• as long as they get my jokes and can read other peoples emotions its fine by me

• Thats called emotional intelligence

• Not necessarily but yeah. I like to learn and to teach. A true power couple.

• well good luck two you

• Very high... Being a women in general is troublesome... lol
    but when it's a female and she's an idiot combined with her emotions and mood swings... damn... That's hard to deal with hahah

• I think a lot depends on what you perceive as "intelligence" - If you connect and have good conversation, you probably share a compatible level of intelligence so that would be more than enough for me. I might struggle with someone who was outside that intelligence range but is it a dealbreaker, no who knows you may connect on other levels.

• I wouldn't say it's the most important thing but it definitely is an important factor.

Intelligence doesn't always mean good quality in a person but it helps weed out the lack of chemistry. I'm big on communication and if we are talking and I can tell you're not as interested in discussing deep issues or topics then we won't last. It doesn't mean you have to be intelligent to discuss deep things but it's rare to find someone who is willing to discuss that who isn't.

• I value it a lot. But not in the sense of intelligence as school intelligence, but as that the person has good intuition, for example.

• It is very important to me.
    See I'm an open minded person and i love science.
    I don't want to have anything to do with stupid people in general.
    I hate stupidity.
    If someone isn't smart, then at least be open to ideas, philosophy and be willing to learn. I don't require someone to win a noble prize or something.

• A dumb or ignorant girl would bore and irritate me very quickly.

• Semi irrelevant. I care that she's smart enough to not be an idiot. That's about it. I don't prize high intelligence in a woman over other qualities. I respect intelligence in a woman, but it's not a huge turn on for me.

• Its not unimportant. But I'd probably value street smarts over book smarts. There's a lot of smart people that make stupid decisions when it comes to life.

• Voted B: I don't like a woman with a subpar intelligence nor wisdom. I need a woman that can think critically and use wisdom in the world we live in and can help me find solutions to problems and help me raise children the right way.

• Intelligence only does not count for much if one has no humanity. The person can become an arrogant, pedantic, and will feel superior to everybody, it shows in his/her behavior and drives people away.

The good would be a normal person (not stupid of course) but who alway's seeks knowledge and grow along with the partner.

• Even if dont look like it iam quite smart, and very very analytical, i can outsmart a lot of girls without thinking much and find out things that they try hiding from me, not trying to brag but all i am saying is that finding a girl on the same level as me intillegence wise not gonna be easy, so as long as she is at least of average smartness iam happy.

• There are many types of intelligence out there. At some point, I valued intelligence in the most traditional, academic way.

But today I feel there are other traits that are as important to me.

• I am curious what are some of those traits you speak of?

• @SitaDevi I do enjoy those discussions, don't get me wrong. It's just that I don't value it as much as I did in the past. πŸ˜‰

And the answers to your questions are:

1. Elvis Presley is dead. But that doesn't mean he died when people believed he did;
      2. The egg came first. Then the chicken, then the chicken egg, in that order.

• Hahahahahahaha I have moments where different conversations intrigues me on a regular day I prefer more compassion and humour, some days I like teasing some days I may like deeper topics and philosophical conversation some days I prefer silence. I think for me it would be someone who shares this flexibility of the mind.

• Im atteactes to intelligence. It could be intuitive or emotional or just street smart. I like to engage in deep conversations and talk about any topic so intelligence is big for me. It could be an aquarius trait πŸ€”

• It's not important for a girl to be intelligent as long as she has a kind heart that's all matters.

• Pretty important. I could not have a serious relationship with a ditzy girl. I would say average intelligence is the absolute bare minimum.

• i couldn't care less about that

• It's VERY IMPORTANT. As important as good personality.

• Voted B, but that doesn't need to translate into the job she does. Just someone who converses on the same level.

• It's not nearly important as your level of passion and desire.

• The only girl who I can fall in love with is someone who could describe the rainbow using Rayleigh scattering in a poem. That's what is sexy.

• It's pretty important especially if you want conversations other than gossip.

• Dumb people are les faithful and dont tell me cheaters are smart because they always get caught

• Yes please. I'd get bored otherwise.

• i just dont want a bimbo. if she's isn't good at math or does read philosophy or doesn't have deep conversations about post modernist poetry thats fine with me

• It's important for me. Smart girls attract me, however if they're ignorant about many things then it doesn't matter how smart they are.

If she has a good heart and is moderately smart it's enough for me

• I value it, but I also don't want an arrogant girl who's arrogant because of her intelligence also.

• More from Guys
    20

What Girls Said 21

• I will give you 2 examples from people really close to me.
    1)
    One of my friends with benefits is a total player when it comes to women. So we have a common friend, a really hot girl in her 20s. She is engaged. He always told me he really wants to have sex with her as she is really hot. I told her that she should be careful. But she is not really bright. We actually call her Forest (from forest gump) to tease her. So even though me and other people told her to stay away from mister player they kept texting. So listen to this. For a month he has been fucking her all ways like in porn, she told me, and nobody knew anything. How? He actually convinced her that sex without emotion is not cheating as long as nobody knows about it. Can you imagine?

2)
    A close girl friend of mine recently broke up with her guy even though they were on their way to engagement. Why? He was a complete moron when it came to money management. He would believe anything online, he would buy all sorts of crap on sale because 'its a bargain!'. He would spend everything, and mess up the entire house. He broke down the car, driving with the handbrake on and thought the tires noise was just the wind! He almost burned the house down twice. He sent someone 200$ for a used tv he never got, because he was scammed. My girl friend actually told him its like she is trying to raise a brain dead 5 year old. Seriously. That guy was dangerous.

• "He almost burned the house down twice."

I had a roommate (who was also the landlord because he owned the house) that had the idea of leaving the stove on all night while everyone slept because he had bought some beans that he had a hard time getting to soften up and he thought that if he cooked them on low heat all night that they might be edible in the morning. Fortunately, I saw the stove was left on before I went to bed and inquired about it and found all this out and put an end to his plan. He also believes earth is flat and that there is a conspiracy to convince people it's round. He was also too trusting. He worked a lot and if a repairman was going to work at his house during the day, my roommate wouldn't take the day off of work to stay home and greet the repair guy, rather my roommate would just give the garage code to the repair guy so that the repair guy could let himself in when nobody was home.

• I have literally been sitting here with my jaw dropped for the last few minutes absolutely stunned by the story of your friend, Forrest.
      What. The. F*ck.
      How? How can someone be so dumb and still survive? Like what the hell happened to natural selection and survival of the fittest. She right there is Darwin's exception.
      Sorry, I know she's your friend but my God that is ridiculous.

• Kindly send me the address. I need to root out the bad gene trees.

• It's fairly important to me. There are many different types of intelligence though so being smart doesn't mean you know everything. There is always more to learn so I would simply like to be with someone who cares about learning new things as much as I do. :)

• Very important to me. I want to be able to talk about a wide variety of things from just theoretically joking around to serious and progressive discussion. I want to be able to learn things from him and to know that he gets me (emotional intelligence and empathy).

• I will not date a stupid guy. I want someone who is smart, worldly, has a lot of factual knowledge, wise, can keep a conversation going, can teach me new things. He doesn't have to be a genius cause i wouldn't date someone too smart either lol, but he's gotta be at least average.

• It's very important. a huge turn on and also comforting.

• Intelligence is a big factor on attraction for me

• It's very important to me, second only to kindness.

• It's important, but he doesn't have to be Socrates.

• Personality is most important - intelligence is closely related to personality.

• Depends on how you define "intelligent". I mean, I like it when guys are good at what they do (hobbies, interests) but he doesn't have to be Einstein.

• As long as we can talk about meaningful things. For example, this french guy I'm into right now is interested in language, history and philosophy. I learn french and study philosophy in college so we have a lot to talk about.

• I will say that it's overall moderate of importance to me. I don't need him to be an Einstein, but I do need him to be rational and think wisely sometimes (like managing money)

• its the most important thing! guys who has good humour is a major turn on, seriously

• It is a and b

• It isn't that important to me

• it's very important, because I can't be with a stupid person who thinks that money grows on trees

• I highly value intelligence. I don't want to be stuck in a mind numbing conversation.

• isn't that important to me

• It is extremely important but I want him smart enough to get a good job and take care of his family mostly. It doesn't hurt to have intelligent conversations either

• Sapiosexual army!

• Very important

• Having interesting and meaningful conversations matters a lot, though if the level of intelligence is so low that it becomes hard for them to do basic things like hold a job or function normally it can become a bit of a drawback. There are many ways people can be "intelligent" too. Just from personal experience, i'm seen as smart in math class from my perfect scores on most tests, but in history i'm seen as an idiot for not being able to remember any names of historical figures, country locations, any important dates, etc. What constitutes as "intelligence" varies so much from person to person.