Can introverts and extroverts work in a relationship?

I really have the hots for a guy who I believe (based on my observations) is an extrovert. I'm super introverted. Can we work if we hit it off or are attracted to each other?

• Yes, it doesn't matter
  • Yes, but it may be more difficult
  • Some can make it work but mostly not
    Vote C
  • No, they never work out
    Vote D

1313

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it can still work. :) Most people aren't purely extroverted or purely introverted. Some people are introverted except around specific people, and some people are extroverted for the most part but still need the occasional break from society.

In a way, relationships where one person is extroverted and the other is introverted work well. Most people with opposite character traits have a tendency to fill in where the other person is lacking :) Not to say it's a bad thing to be introverted or extraverted, simply that you two are more likely able to cover for each others weaknesses.

Most Helpful Girl

• At least for me and my boyfriend opposites attract and complement each other. But it's also important for the extrovert to understand how introverts work and respect that and vice versa.

What Guys Said 12

• Like any relationship, it works if each appreciates the strengths of the other. It doesn't work if one or both partners don't understand why the other doesn't think the same as they do.

• Of course - opposites attract!

Introversion is NOT a sickness or personality disorder, much to the chagrin of extroverts. :)

• yes because introvert and extrovert is just some random fad for a labeling system that hollywood gets people obsessed about.

• Yes it's a perfect match because it counterbalance each other

• It's just my opinion that they counterbalance each other and they can bring the best out of each other I think

• @ohshee Relationships only can work if there is a dominant individual and a submission individual but that's different than this stupid introventering extroverylyness fad crap.

• I think its better if one is extroverted anf the other introverted, you two will feel off of each others energies

• Yeah I'm introvert and my ex girlfriend was extrovert , but we understood each other so it went well , it was never an issue :)

• im a introvert, and i highly think it won't. but it depends on the couple actually

• Sure it can work. I'm an introvert and my wife is the social butterfly. Often it works in our favor as we both have our strengths.

• Yes, the extrovert has to realize the introvert just isn't social and will stay home a lot.

• Well, as an introvert person I don't know it either.

• They say opposites attract

• Happens to me.

I'm extremely extrovert. 90% of my girlfriends are shy. rs i like.. i think sweet.

• not likely

What Girls Said 12

• An extrovert might actually be a good match for you. First of all there's the whole "opposites attract" scenario but in reality he will be able to pull you out of your shell and you two will compliment each other. I say go for it.

• I'm an introvert and my boyfriend is an extrovert. We do fine and actually we balance each other out. He knows I'm shy so he tends to include me in and adds on to whatever I say since I don't talk a lot which makes me feel better lol. I love it when people do this for me :D

Don't be afraid!! You never know unless you try and ask him out. Just don't have hopes up too high or you can get hurt. Even if he rejects you or not I give you props of you do ask him out.

As long as you both know each others flaws and work around it then that is good.

• I'm an introvert and my boyfriend is an extrovert. It was difficult at first, but once we figured out how to manage it, it has actually become a benefit, because we balance each other. He keeps me from becoming too much of a hermit, and I keep him from exhausting himself. It works for us. But we did have to talk about it a lot before we got to this point- it was a source of stress initially.

• I think it can work, so long as you're understanding of eachothers habits. I'm an introvert and my partner is very extroverted.

• i think so, the two can balance each other out. I'm an introvert, where as my boyfriend is a little more extroverted than i am but not 100% a people person.

• yes,, im quite introverted and im attracted to extroverted guys. Extroverted guys know how to get me out of my shell > and i like that.

• I'm an extrovert and my girlfriend is an introvert (Well, more shy than introverted, but still) I love her so much, and we make a great couple. We hope to get married one day.

• probably not. It will be hard for one of them to keep up or slow down for the other

• You don't have enough poll options. Introvert and extovert are the perfect combo!!

• I dunno

• It is possible 🙇‍♀️

• Yes they complete each other