What would you do if you find out your significant other smokes pot?

Im curious :)

• Leave them
  • Ask them to leave
  • Ask them to stop
    Vote C
  • Not care
    Vote D
  • Ask them to share
    Vote E

5697

Most Helpful Guy

• Deal breaker. But that would have been established from the beginning.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be hurt that they felt like they needed to keep that a secret. It's not a big deal for me as long as it's only occasionally. If it was every day it would bother me and I'd talk to them about it.

What Guys Said 96

• I used to smoke weed, preferring the natural low THC variety, and I was better on it and I enjoyed being intoxicated on it than from my experience drinking alcohol, which I don't even consume anymore as with weed.

If I found out my partner was smoking it, I wouldn't think bad of her, I would probably say yes if she offered to share it, ha ha! I could only hope that my job at that point is not drug testing.

• Id be pissed that they took so long to let me hit that herb with them.

• Don't care I have three policies.
    1.) Don't lie about it
    2.) Don't get addicted
    3.) Don't be stupid with it

• It would not matter much, unless it is an unjustified financially over other priorities. Smoking marijuana is far less dangerous, in almost every way, than a commonly accepted drugs, especially alcohol. It is also legalized in several places and is used effectively to treat medical conditions.

• next time i was smoking up i'd ask if she wanted to get high

• I would definitely have a problem with it. Whatever she chooses to do, I don't care about that, but I personally can't stand it or want it in my life so it very well might be a deal breaker? If she didn't do it when she was with me... maybe be ok? Would depend. But I wouldn't be with her to begin with if I knew this, so if I were to find out part way into the relationship, it means she's lied and/or has kept it from me, also have a problem with that!

• I hate the smell. Which is why I prefer edibles if anything.

• Probably not care. I had a bitch I was fucking, who THOUGHT she was my girlfriend (Lulz), that smoked from time to time. It was more often when she was having pain from something that I don't remember because I didn't care.

I don't smoke it. Never have. I've always worked jobs where drug testing was a thing, and now between federally mandated random testing due to the industry I'm in, and the fact that I have a Commercial Driver's Licence, I get tested generally a couple times per year. I have a great job, I'm not going to risk it over some weed. If a bitch I'm fucking smokes, it's pretty much whatever. I won't be taking part, and I'll be ending things with her before long anyway, the fact that she smokes just means it ends sooner than normal.

• congratulate them and join them!

i.pinimg.com/.../...ing-up-smoking-weed-quotes.jpg

• Probably ask them to pass the weed

• It depends. If its a puff once in a while, I can deal with it. I'd prefer not, but its a not a deal breaker.
    If she's rolling a joint before breakfast, that's going to be a problem.

• Weed is my only vice , it serves a purpose to ease pain & aid sleep , plus de-stress. Alcohol , while legal & socially acceptable , does a LOT of damage , both directly & indirectly & takes many lives , including 3 of my friends , one my late bestie !! Weed does not , the only reason ganja is illegal , is to keep Big Pharma in big profits , hence the hypocrisy & BS !!

• Before I meet a potential date in person from having met online, I make sure she doesn't smoke and doesn't use drugs.

I did meet a girl onetime in person and found out quickly she used ecstasy, so that was the end of that.

I am in an industry that is intolerant of drug use, so it is essential that no one I associate with uses drugs. Also, a good friend of mine is a DEA agent. I would be happy to send him clients.

• Ask them to share. Nobody really minds here. It'd be worse if they did any hard drugs.

• Have a serious conversation. So, none of the above.
    Determine how important it is.
    But I am very clear, that I am against drugs and alcohol. I don’t care, if other people do that, sure, but once it’s someone that close to me, I care.
    To me, it’s irrational. You should want fast reflexes, not hallucinating, and so on. Basically not “disable” yourself.
    In nature, these things exist for the purpose to weaken some animal. So, if some animal like to eat some plant, which produces their substances, that animal is easy prey. It’s defense mechanism. And we do that ourselves deliberately? What? :-D The same with Botox, by the way. It’s a toxin, which paralyses your muscles.
    You might say, that we are not in the food chain anymore. Sure. Go on the street while under influence of something. You don’t have that good body control, senses and reflexes, so you are more likely to end up badly. Doing it at home, you say. I give you that.
    But I still don’t like it.

• She said pot, not acid. And just out of curiosity, are you against alcohol?

• I don't care. As long as the sex doesn't change or her. I won't smoke due to my job , but don't care

• It was a bonding moment for my girlfriend and I (before we were in a relationship) when we discovered our similar interest in drugs

• years ago i would have asked why she didn't buy it off me but i left that life behind

• if it´s a recreational occasional thing, it´s "ok". but if it´s a solid addiction with regular use, it´s a deal breaker.

• i'd just wonder where they get it from.

• Nothing wrong with pot, in moderation:)

• I used to smoke myself so I know there is no harm. It's like asking what would you do if you found out they smoke sigarets it's not that different from weed though even though people think it is. The people who think weed is bad didn't smoke it them self and thus have no right to judge because they have no knowledge about the subject

• Depends on how much they smoke it, if it's everyday I would be very uncomfortable

• At 15 ask them to stop
    It's bad for development to be smoking cannabis before a fully grown

At 15 you are defiantly changing your brain chemistry for life if too much

• Boi i dont smoke weed and the couple times i have it was medical because i have super bad anxiety and insomnia

• No medical doctors would 100% not be recommending cannabis to a 15 year old unless you are literally dying lol...
      Don't even try it hahah

Nothing medical... cannabis can actually make anxiety worse too so be careful with that

• It wasn't prescribed but it was cannabis, no THC. It was for MEDICAL purposes.

• I voted leave them but meant it as I will leave them be, I don't care too much. Didn't realize what I pressed at first.

• If it's occasional/medicinal, I might be accepting of it...

but if it's like 99% of the time where dopeheads mope around being high all the time... then no, their mental discipline (or rather lack thereof) aren't up to my standards...

• How would I "find out" if that's something they were supposed to tell me from the beginning?

• Id smoke up with them

• I have no experience or knowledge of pot - I suppose it would depend on how it affects their life/our life

• I smoke, I'm 52 n it eases chronic pain n I eai good n have great sex n plus I sleep well. It's all good

• More from Guys
    66

What Girls Said 55

• Pass me that joint boy 🤣

• No that's a deal breaker for me every Christmas I grew up around that my uncle's would smoke in our grandmother's house when i was 4 i asked why the house smelled funny and my mom told me flat out because our uncle's smoke then i asked why don't they smoke and share some up here thinking it was food long story short i was a child and i don't want my future kids around that the smell also gives me nose bleeds and headaches that's also a reason i avoid family reunions and holidays so no don't bring that shit any where near me 😐

• I smoke pot once in a while so obviously i wouldn't care. I used to smoke way too much tho so it could be a bit problematic if he started wanting to smoke weed at home. These days I only smoke it at a social thing once in a while when we are camping or whatever and someone passes arou d a joint. I'll take like 2 hoots and be nice and baked haha

My boyfriend doesn't smoke weed at all tho. Has literally never even tried it haha but he doesn't care. He would only care if I started smoking all the time again.

• Every now and then is more than fine but if he was obsessive about it and couldn't go a day without getting high then yeah, no thanks.

• He does, its not for me, as long as he doesn't rely on it, we're good.

• I would definitely leave them. If they're dumb enough to do it, they're too dumb for me. Then again, I wouldn't have been inconsiderate enough to have found someone like that in the first place.

• Confront them about it and ask them to quit. That's my one deal breaker: drugs or alcohol of any kind

• Just as long as they aren't addicted and use it in moderation, sure go ahead! Definitely share, why not haha

• I don't mind, as long as he doesn't do it all the time and sticks to appropriate times.

• Definitely not a deal breaker as long as it's not everyday and they share!

• Honestly, never smoked pot before. Never had any connection to others who had it and wasn't motivated to go looking.

So I'd ask them to share so I can try it myself.

• I wouldn't mind at all because I'm comfortable with it. As long as he can control it and doesn't take it too far, I'm okay with it. Hell, I'd probably end up smoking with him too!

• I'd smoke it with him

• It doesn't bother me. Every now and then I'll join him.

• That would be great! 😜

• Dear god I'm hardly mobile when I'm baked

• I love it. It gives extra concentration on road. Don't try it.

• Well, I would talk with them about it and ask why they feel the need to smoke it. If we're in a serious relationship I would ask them to stop over a period of time, but if they didn't I'm not sure if I would break up with them or not. I'm not one for drugs in any form.

• I'm a Christian sooo I think smoking pot is bad as it alters your mind and thinking, but I'd at least try to convince him to stop. If he won't then... it's been REAL✌🏻🏃🏻‍♀️

• My husband does a lot of pot but he can't right now due to his job, so he doesn't do it anymore. He had me try it once, with him and his brother there. I was extremely high and past out. I would never do it again. I don't like drugs taking over my body.

• Ask if I can hit that blunt.

• Weed is great

• That's a dealbreaker

• I would ask him to stop

• To be honest, where I am from a lot of boys do it anyways. I also don't really care to be honest. If he truly loves me, that is not a reason for me to break up with him

• Smoke a blunt 😗💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨

• I'm not completely sure as I've never experienced it.

I think I'd be pretty upset and it could likely be a dealbreaker.

• Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew

• I wouldn't care but if they plan on getting other jobs I'd tell them to be mindful of that and that they'd have to stop sometime

• Only if excessive.

• Not quite a reason to leave them, but I'd make it clear I don't like it. But I could live with it as long as it doesn't happen too often & they leave me out of it.

• I would ask him to stop#Quit or get the FUCK AWAY FROM ME and never come back until he stops...

• Total deal breaker.

• More from Girls
    25