+1 y

What am I missing? His reaction makes no sense... Guys help?

I have known this guy socially for sometime. When we first met we had a lot in common but he mentioned a wife. So I put in the married column and didn't pay any more attention. fast-forward a few months ago. notice on dating site Asked a mutual friend and they said he had been divorced about 2 years.

I'm thinking "Awesome!" right? Wrong. He says he is seeing someone and just hadn't took down his profile. OK. No harm, no foul. Though I do chat a bit more when we cross paths. We have TONS and TONS in common so we end up texting more and more. The conversation just flows late into the night. I am seeing other men.

So after a few months I ask about his girlfriend in passing reference. He makes a point of telling me they are ending it. After a year it is just not going anywhere. Making jealous comments about the guys I'm dating.

He starts asking me what I am looking for in a guy. He starts initiating texting with me. Keeps texting when I try to end for night.

I start dressing a little sexier around him. I through out a couple of offers coffee or dinner. He doesn't pick up. Keeps saying he REALLY enjoys my friendship but wants nothing more. He is coming off divorce and relationship so I am thinking he needs some time. Then he says he may have met someone to be serious with. I'm like OK. He is not interested. I am. I need to dial down this friendship and get out.

I explain and he seems to blow it off. Then he gets ANGRY when I unfriend him on FB. He keeps texting and contacting me. I perk up and he says again he only wants to be friends, close friends. He is talking only of looking for a serious relationship with someone who has my qualities. - On the dating site we come up as a 95% match based on personality and values - By any standard I am attractive. ...

He says he is not interested. But he can't take his eyes off me. I went NC and had to block him on FB to stop contact. How should I respond? Any chance? Guys what is going on in his head?
+1 y
To clarify we have never slept together and that hasn't been on the table. I have made it clear that was not an option unless i was in a serious, serious relationship.
1
1