How long should a first date last?

With someone you met online on a dating app. Also
1) How do you end a date if you dont like the person?
2) Do you stay out of respect until they wanna go home, or do you make it obvious you dont like them and leave?
3) Do you stay so that you can get laid even if you dont like the person?
4) How do you ask if you wanna see them a second time?
5) How do you politely hint that you don't wanna see them again?
6) Do you kiss?
7) Do you get laid?
8) Do you say you really like them or is it awkward (if you liked them)?

• 0-1 hours
  • 1-2hours
  • 2-4 hours
    Vote C
  • 4+ hours
    Vote D
  • All day is fine
    Vote E

516

Most Helpful Guy

• A first date should originally be planned as something brief enough so that, if it doesn't work, you don't feel obligated to spend all night with the person. I usually suggest dinner because that gives us a chance to talk and become acquainted. If it is going well, I would then suggest that we go somewhere else for a few drinks.

1) How do you end a date if you dont like the person? I walk her to her car and tell her that I appreciate the opportunity to meet her but that I don't think we are a good match for each other.

2) Do you stay out of respect until they wanna go home, or do you make it obvious you dont like them and leave? See answer to length of date.

3) Do you stay so that you can get laid even if you dont like the person? Why would I want to have sex with someone to whom I am not attracted?

4) How do you ask if you wanna see them a second time? If I want to see her again, I usually tell her before the first date has ended. Otherwise, I might text her a few minutes after we have parted, tell her that I had a good time, I look forward to seeing her again very soon, and that I will call in the next few days.

5) How do you politely hint that you don't wanna see them again? I don't hint. See answer to 1).

6) Do you kiss? If I feel that I want to kiss her and I think she is receptive, yes, I would kiss her.

7) Do you get laid? Never. I date for a long term relationship and having sex o a first date would almost always be a bad idea.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's not doing it for you, then apply one of many excuses on tap - The End. Counting hours means you are ready to go & end it, perhaps take it up another day under better circumstances. I like being given the Y in the road options = well, it's time to either both of us go to this event or split up to rest for another day's adventures.

What Guys Said 15

• 1) "I don't think this is gonna work for me" less than 1 hour
    2) Say above wish them luck then take them home
    3) No I don't
    4) "Would you like to see me again?" If we like each other
    5) After # 1 and #2 I don't have to
    6) If we like each other
    7) If we really like each other
    8) " I had a great time and could see us going somewhere good. I like you"

• thanks thanks nice answer

• 1) If you do not like somebody, then you end the date immediately following the main activity. This could be dinner or bowling or anything. You politely thank them and tell them that you have to go. Looking at your phone during the date or having a fake call about an emergency is nothing but gold digger mentality. Not classy.
    2) Neither. You stay out of respect to either finish your drink or dinner. However, you don't act up or play games. You are classy, polite, and communicate clearly that you want to go. So stay as long as you can, but after the main course or after the event is done, be clear that you want to leave. Women immediately think of games rather than just being honest. "Thank you very much. I have to get going now. Get home safe! Bye."
    3) Yes and No. If you haven't had sex and you want a nice fuck. Just be honest with the guy. Tell him that you are not interested in him and only see him as a friend. However, you haven't had sex in a long time and could really use it. See if he is still game. Most likely he will be. There is no reason for games or lies. Just be blunt.
    4) How do you ask if you wanna see them a second time? I am tired of a society that views women as damsels in distress. Women can court men just as men court women. Text the guy the next day and tell him you had a really good time. Ask him if he wants to have another date. It really is that simple. With dating apps and sites, it is a buyers market for women. ladies get hundreds of messages and dozens each day. Guys maybe get 1 or 2 per day. Likely they get 20 in a month. Women have the power and control. Men has less options to choose from.
    5) here is how you politely hint that you want to see him again, "Hi. Thanks a lot I had a great time. I will talk to you later okay? Have a great night!" .. then next day, "hey, you are handsome. Let's go on another date. What do you say?"
    6) It will change nothing about his feelings for you. There is no negative consequence to kissing a man if you like him. 9 times out of 10 They will like you the same or more compared to when they would not get this treatment. Last week I kissed a girl and reallized that I only liked her the same as I did before the kiss. On the other hand, I have kissed other girls and felt butterflies and the whole nine yards. But how you feel before the kiss/sex is the biggest influence.
    7) If you want sure. If he likes you he will be crazy for you. If he doesn't then he just has fun.
    8) Just be blunt and honest.

• A really good first date starts at lunch and ends in bed at night.

But the date should last until one of two things happen:
    (A) One of you decides you don't want to be with the other.
    (B) One of you has to do something else.

My shortest date was 10 minutes. As soon as she walked in, I said hello and that it wasn't going to work out.

Be polite, but don't waste the other person's time. If it isn't going to work out, just say, "You know, I appreciate your taking the time to meet me. But I don't think we are a match. Good luck to you, though!"

Yes, I have had sex with women I didn't particularly like, but were cute enough anyway. As long as we were just having sex and didn't have to listen to her, it was fine.

Yes, I have had sex on plenty of first dates. I think the record is in starting about 40 minutes after meeting.

• WalterRadio You sound like a real winner (sarcastically speaking). What happen that made you decide 10 minutes unto the date that it was not going to work?

• @MysteriousDarkness
      "What happen that made you decide 10 minutes unto the date that it was not going to work?"
      She was obviously a hooker. It didn't take me 10 minutes to decide, it took me 10 minutes to get out.

• i met this guy it took me five minutes that he was some kinda hard drug addict. i grabbed my bag and said i will use bathroom and use the backdoor to leave

• Depends on the fire you both have lol
    Stronger the fire the longer it will last. The weaker the passion the more likely you'll run out of things to say and end it short

Strong passion will often times leads to her inviting you inside when you drop her off lol now here is when you decide whether to take that passion and sexymafy it or not
    I say not and keep her guessing for next time 😈

• 1) How do you end a date if you dont like the person?

You mean right in the middle of a date? Damn, that's tough. If the person is being rude, then sure end the date and leave, if you don't have transportation, download an Uber app prior to the date so you can leave quickly or have someone pick you up. If it's because there is no chemistry or you don't like the personal physically then just stick it out, once the night ends thank them for their time and say you appreciate it. Message them the next day and tell my parents don't think it's a good idea for me to date and to focus on their life because you don't want them to wait around and I think that's a good way to go about it.

Pretty much answered that in #1 lol

If she's rude, I don't care if she's pretty, it's not worth it.

I would say, I had an awesome and I hope to see you again when you're free because I really enjoyed the time with you.

Make a joke and say, when you went to the washroom, I already inputted a time/day for us to meet up again, cool? How does Friday @ 7pm sound? Jokes, pretty much what I said at #4

6) Do you kiss?
    No, I would give a nice hug and wish her a good night.

7) Do you get laid?
    I am not 1 of those guys who has his fingers crossed to have sex on the first date, get to know the person for a bit then cross that bridge.

Do you say you really like them or is it awkward (if you liked them)?
    If I tell a girl I really like you, that's another way of saying I love you. I don't think I would say that until a few months go by and then I will say it.

• 1. Tell the person what the cause is for you to end the date early. Were they rude, cheap (frugal is okay) or something else.
    2. Why stay if you do not like them because what you are doing is wasting each others time.
    3. Why stay just for sec especially with someone you do not like.
    4. One way is to say that you had a good time and would like to see them again.
    5. If you have not already left tel them you do not think it will work out,
    6. That depends on the two people.
    7. No.

• Give him a chance! Most guys are terrible at first impressions.
    If you decide this guy isn't for you,
    BE HONEST
    BE DIRECT
    THIS IS YOUR SHOW, YOU ARE IN CONTROL.
    Any man who can't take a direct "I'm sorry , I don't think this is gonna work for me." is a child or a sleaze.

• I once had a date that lasted 30 mins. I also had a date that lasted 6 hours.

It depends on how you both feel.

• 1. honesty.
    2. honesty, even if it's a little harsh.
    3. no.
    4. straightforward.
    5. I dont him. I tell them.
    6. only is she is comfortable wi
    th me doing me
    7. normally that is what I want to skip.
    8. yes I would if I did because Id prefer being honest.

• 1) I don't know
    2) I don't know
    3) I don't know
    4) I don't know
    5) I don't know
    6) I don't know
    7) I don't know

• Depends on the type of date and how it goes.

• 1) No Idea how to end a date without being rude but just make something up, text a friend and have them fake call you and you have an excuse to leave.
    2) Say you're tired and want to go home and rest.
    3) NEVER have sex on the first date, you dumb slut.
    4) Easy. I enjoyed spending time with you, hope we can get together soon again.
    5) I'm having trouble at work/school/family and need to spend more time and attention towards it.
    6) Maybe on the cheek. Just don't shake hands you weirdo. At least hug, hopefully you don't get a sideways hug though.
    7) NO YOU DUMBA**
    Do you say you really like them or is it awkward (if you liked them)? Yes, I enjoyed this day blah blah bla. If it was awkward, that's your fault. Just be comfortable and find random stuff to talk about.

• I voted C. 2-4 hours. Enough time to eat, talk and bowl (or something like that).

• This question is fairly subjective
    The answers you get will all definitely be incorrect.
    If you cannot judge the situation and make better decisions...
    .. perhaps you're not ready to date

• All day is fine if I enjoy it that long. :)

• 30 minutes. Gotta leave something for the second date!

What Girls Said 4

• if you dont like them, then maybe just s tay a couple hours and then leave, definitely dont kiss them or anything, but only leave if theyre being rude and if they ask to go out again say not thiankyou, and if you do like them then say you like them and ask if they want to do it again

• It depends on the company. If he's fun to be with, all day is fine. If not, I'd probably give it a good 30 mins to 1 hour.

• A guy once wanted to spend 10 hours together for the first date. it seemed a bit much.

• As long as you have something to talk about.