What are your views on interracial relationships?

Are you open to being in an interracial relationship? If not, why?

2948

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, because either a person is the same ethnicity with you or not does not change the fact that s/he is another human being; thus, having both good and bad characteristic in them.

I am an Asian in a relationship with a European and everything goes just the same as if we dated someone from our respective ethnicities or countries.

However intercultural and international relationships can be more difficult to handle if you're going to be serious like getting married. Getting married with a person from different country is administratively complicated, not to count the technical matters of two families living in different countries, financing the whole marriage/wedding things, etc.. IF the marriage doesn't work, the divorce would also be a pain in the ass, especially if there are children involved.

So, I'm totally in for it but one really should proceed with cautions.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, I am black, and below you will find my viewpoints:

-Love has no color. If you want to date someone of a different race, that is totally fine!

___________

However, you have to ask yourself, is it for the right reasons? In the black community, there is a lot of self-hatred, for example. A lot of black people are starting to date interacially, because they want to produce non-black babies or they have given up on the opposite gender. See the following videos for examples of what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se0mrRhcA74https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJbuQRJBqsIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ_IaibrH6Q

And then, on TV, they are glorifying interacial couples, so it makes them seem much more appealing than dating within your race.

If you are dating outside your race because you have "given up" on your race or you want your babies to look "beautiful", then you are WRONG, and I don't support that.
    ___________

Now, if you date interacially because you just randomly met someone who is of a different race and you fell for them, I totally support that.
    ___________

Personally, I don't really date interacially. I tried it. I'm not against it. I would totally do it again. Yet, I want to date someone who has similar tastes to me.

Most women of other races don't understand what it means to be black, or they don't understand black music, or black TV shows, or black culture. So, when I try to talk to them about it, there is a disconnect there. I want to date someone who understands those kinds of things and gets what I'm talking about.

Now, don't get me wrong - I have dated interacially and met women who get the black culture and it makes it easier to talk to them, but not all do. The only type of person who would understand what it means to be black is a black woman. It is for that reason I prefer black women, but I am still open to dating other races.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And no need to actually watch those videos. Lol. They are long. Just click into each video and read the comments. Those comments will basically sum up what I am talking about. Lol.