What are your views on interracial relationships?

Are you open to being in an interracial relationship? If not, why?

2948

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in one. So... lol I clearly have a biased opinion but I have no issue with them. Obviously.

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, I am black, and below you will find my viewpoints:

-Love has no color. If you want to date someone of a different race, that is totally fine!

___________

However, you have to ask yourself, is it for the right reasons? In the black community, there is a lot of self-hatred, for example. A lot of black people are starting to date interacially, because they want to produce non-black babies or they have given up on the opposite gender. See the following videos for examples of what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se0mrRhcA74https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJbuQRJBqsIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ_IaibrH6Q

And then, on TV, they are glorifying interacial couples, so it makes them seem much more appealing than dating within your race.

If you are dating outside your race because you have "given up" on your race or you want your babies to look "beautiful", then you are WRONG, and I don't support that.
    ___________

Now, if you date interacially because you just randomly met someone who is of a different race and you fell for them, I totally support that.
    ___________

Personally, I don't really date interacially. I tried it. I'm not against it. I would totally do it again. Yet, I want to date someone who has similar tastes to me.

Most women of other races don't understand what it means to be black, or they don't understand black music, or black TV shows, or black culture. So, when I try to talk to them about it, there is a disconnect there. I want to date someone who understands those kinds of things and gets what I'm talking about.

Now, don't get me wrong - I have dated interacially and met women who get the black culture and it makes it easier to talk to them, but not all do. The only type of person who would understand what it means to be black is a black woman. It is for that reason I prefer black women, but I am still open to dating other races.

• And no need to actually watch those videos. Lol. They are long. Just click into each video and read the comments. Those comments will basically sum up what I am talking about. Lol.

What Girls Said 28

• Yes, because either a person is the same ethnicity with you or not does not change the fact that s/he is another human being; thus, having both good and bad characteristic in them.

I am an Asian in a relationship with a European and everything goes just the same as if we dated someone from our respective ethnicities or countries.

However intercultural and international relationships can be more difficult to handle if you're going to be serious like getting married. Getting married with a person from different country is administratively complicated, not to count the technical matters of two families living in different countries, financing the whole marriage/wedding things, etc.. IF the marriage doesn't work, the divorce would also be a pain in the ass, especially if there are children involved.

So, I'm totally in for it but one really should proceed with cautions.

• I was in an interracial relationship for quite a while so obviously I have no issues with it. People should just be with whoever makes them happy.

• I was taught to love people not genders not races. I will teach my children the same

• I'm in a interracial relationship.. so I'm obviously okay with it.

• hell yes. we are all people, same skin. just different shades.

• Sure, I'd be in one, I don't care.

• I don't care when others do it. Me personally I prefer dating black guys.

• I am not... but people can do what they want.

• I don't care either way. I wouldn't seek it out and I wouldn't avoid it.

• Nothing wrong with them

• Are you really Jamaican like me?, and I don't care where people stick it or let other stick it. Mixed kids are cute anyway, so that's a positive.

• I'm married, so I'm not open to any other relationship. But if I were single it wouldn't be an issue.

• doesn't bother me, if it happens it happens i won't look for it but i won't avoid it either.. just go with the flow

• Neutral.
    If I get the chance, I wouldn't really mind.

• I'm open sure.

• Very open. I have dated outside of my race

• I'd love to date or marry a guy who isn't white coz mixed babies are gorgeous

• Its beautiful, but not for me.

• Sure, it's about the person, not their skin tone.

• That's amazing for me! I'm really into it!

• im in one, so yes.

• Yes I am open to it

• It doesn't matter what your partners skin color as long as you are happy.

• indifferent

• I am an Arab Muslim girl, I fell in love with an American white christian man two years ago while i was on an internship, it was love and chemistry since day one,,, although he has been with different women and I am sooo different than them due to my culture and traditions,, he says that I am the only one who could capture his love and make him feel the way he feels,,, we have been together for 2 years, been through a lot as a result of long distance/ pressure/ family ,, there were hard times and some forgiveness to be give, also sacrifices,.. but, at the end we continued because it was hard to let go,,, and, we are getting engaged and married soon :) .. you never know what will happen in the future,, but for now, we are carrying on :)

• i am ok with it i dont have a problem but i am turkish living in the us and in turkey basically there is no black or yellow so it would be weird and hard for my fam to accept if i bring them a black boyfriend. so i am kinda no-no due to fam.

• Its so nice!

• Don't have a problem with it, I'm latina and i like white guys sooo yeah.. lol

What Guys Said 47

• Out of so mamy people on POF, the one girl that really clicked with me was black. A shame so many girls said "no black guys" cause for me Id reject them as well just for saying that. I still would talk to her to this day if she messaged me. But I deleted kik.

• I've been in 2 of them already.

Look if you like a girl and she's not race date her, if you like a girl and she is part of you race date her.

At the end of the day it's whether you like someone or not as an individual that matters not what colour they are.

• I only date girls of different races. It's not that I think there is anything noble about it, it's just that I am tired of girls of my own race. It's more exciting and interesting to try something different. In spite of the politically correct claptrap there ARE differences between races. The cultures are different, and obviously there are physical differences, that's how race is defined. To me that is what makes it exciting. Call it kinky.

• It's a good experience to get to know different cultures around the world and become more open minded. In fact, I'd prefer an interracial relationship because I have bad memories of my country of birth and I wouldn't want to date someone from there. Interracial relationships can be difficult due to cultural differences, but if both partners try to solve these issues it wouldn't be a big bump in the road.

• If it makes the couple happy then it's great. The point is to find a partner you feel comfortable with. And they feel the same about you. The rest is none of our business.

• I personally tend to be attracted more to white women than any others (my girlfriend is white, as am I) but I have nothing against interracial relationships at all and someones race isn't an automatic turnoff for me

• Were I single, and I had a chance with a woman of color that I liked, I'd have taken that chance. That said, the opportunity never arose.

I see interracial couples in the same light as any other marginalized couple: if they are attacked for their love, then they must be defended. Otherwise, I see them in the same light as any other couple.

• dont mind it , however you must be careful there if you do end up dating someone from another color, race or culture in my honest opinion you should focus on finding someone you truly want so it ends in marriage because a lot of people wouldn't want to date a person who dated interracially.

So basically do it if you want but make sure you marry that person cause finding someone from your own background will be harder if you break up with your lover.

• have no issues with it and admire the people in one, being in one wouldn't be my first choice but im open to it

• All of my relationships were interracial. I have no problem with them but a lot of people do, and being harassed is common. Funny thing is, we can be different races, but people only care if you have vastly different skin colors

• My view is that interracial relationships are wrong on every possible level. They will lead to the extinction of my race through miscegenation, which will plunge the planet into a dark age of decline back to the Stone Age.

• What races? I just see people...

• Fuck yeah, while I do have my types, race doesn't cut off anybody.

• Been married to a black woman for 19 years.

• It doesn't matter.

• They're nice.

• I wouldn't mind being in one, as most of the girls I fall for aren't White, but my parents are kind of racist and want me to date/marry a White girl. My mom thinks girls from other races are dirty and gold diggers.

• Yes, I am completely open to it.

• I'm open to it.

• No matter what the combo is, he and she are both human. No prob.

• Great. I would love be in a relationship with a black woman, Asian, etc.

• I am very positive. I am mixed race myself ( mum being the British white lady and dad being the Indian guy) who is dating a korean chick.

• No relationship is interracial. Bot sides are human, they just look kinda different.

• I'd do it, but i'm largely indifferent to the concept.

• I only see a person, not a race/color of their skin

• I don't exclude any race, but if I had to choose, it would be a white girls. I just think they are the most beautiful girls in the world. Girls to be proud of.

• I'm open to it, I'm African and my ex is white, although the relationship didn't work there was some good memories and I am still open to dating another white girl.

• I'm ok with it

• As long as they are happy I'm happy and other people's relationships ain't no one else's business but there own

• I am very open about it

• More from Guys
    17