Is it true that in TODAYS age, the most important factor in a man is money?

Okay I used to NEVER listen to any advice my mom gave me but everything she said has come true. She says that nowadays especially, a man making good money is the most important thing in a relationship. It doesn't matter how handsome or whatever the guy is, if he's broke then the relationship will inevitably fall apart (arguments and whatnot)

• True
  • False
  • answers
    Vote C

1321

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe if she's either a high roller herself or a gold digger, but I got with a guy that made less than me for about a year until I went back to school and he got a new job.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• hey, i couldnt disagree with your words but its not the entire picture in todays world. i have always worked apart from pregnancy breaks and working part time when the children were young. I've always had financial independence to a degree, i have experienced a relationship with a guy who over two years one of them he didn't work received benefits which he spent on his car and weed, i worked two kids etc i never bitched but tried to encourage and be supportive but yes it played a part in the end amongst much more, if he had lifted a finger at home during this time it would of made a big difference to me but he was a taker and this showed me how some men feel about certain types of women... money is necessary... it comes it goes... if i met a new man now yes he would need to be working not a waster of money not scrooge either but thats enough for me... have you ever thought about if you had children and being totally responsible for everyone? xx

• I think the most attractive trait in a man in regards to a relationship is his common sense and wit. A man can have a lot of money but if he isn't smart with his money he can lose it all. My dad has a good job that should have kept my parents pretty well off but due to his stupidity with money and trusting the wrong people (i. e first contractor he hired to build his house) he put them in serious debt multiple times. The only reason we weren't poor is because my mom knows how to manage money. And she talked him out of a few bad deals. But they separated a few years back (divorce is finalized in a few days) and because he complained about her being too controlling she was like :Ok fine do what you want". He's put himself a few hundred grand in debt since. So I'd say smarts is far more valuable than money. Because just because you have it doesn't mean it will last.

• Also if you think money is all that matters you will only attract women who think that's all that matters.

Now not everyone is the same bu generally how much money a man makes today is pretty much the biological equivalent to him of his ancestors bringing home the biggest kill. It makes him feel all powerful and good about himself which is turn makes women more attractive to him and happier with him (because he is happy). A man who isn't doing well is often depressed, angry, reactive, moody... Not someone anyone really wants to be around. I honestly think that many men care more about money/status than MOST (not including true gold diggers) women do. Most women just play into it because we know it's what makes you feel worthy.

• *ATTRACTED to him. Not attractive.

• True for those who don't want to get married, false, for those who are only concerned about marriage with that person. Overall, it is important because most men in the industry's do make more. Physical attraction only gets you so far, and that goes for both men and women. I say it depends on what kind of relationship these girls are looking for. And their intentions.

• everyone is different with different wants. if you find a girl that just wants money then she isn't worth it she just wants someone to shelter her and that means she's just a user. most girls just want loyalty, trust, and love.

• Men who base their entire self worth on money draw in women who think that way too.
    I'm drawn to men who pride themselves on ethics and intelligence. If I want money, I can make my own.. there isn't enough money in the world to make me put up w/ some of the b. s guys think that they can get away with by bribing their S/Os.

• I'd say it's less important than it used to be, because women can no earn their own money.

• Financial worries are a great way to cause fights and general discontent, but money or no money doesn't make a better or worse guy. The money just makes it easier for her to stay if she's not quite as sincere/serious.

• Maybe for awful women. Many women don't care about money.

• Then how come the guys with good jobs and houses have no issues attracting girls even though their personality sucks lol

• I think having confidence is the most important thing. For many confidence only comes with having lots of money but for others it's about knowing what you are good at.

• Has she never seen homeless people or college students in love? Some people are skint or have literally nothing but if they love each other and work to make things better there isn't necessarily gonna be some kind of problem

• That's how it's always been. How will you raise a family or buy a house after marriage if you don't have a career?

• Is this why guys who work minimum wage or blue collar jobs are all single?

What Guys Said 20

• I watched countless of documentaries, seen 1000s of couples who go through a relationship and guy had no money or couldnt work and she picks up another job to maintain a living. They often ask themselves why are they in a relationship. Even after 4 years. They can't give no solid answer but rather they just love spending time with that man.

It depends on what she's after and how her past is like thst determines a mans worth to her.

• Yes. Go to youtube and find "she'll never love you (special edition)" on Turd Flinging Monkey's channel. That will sum it up good. Your mom is right.

• no. it's more important to have an abundance mindset so you ca create value, success, and get money as you need it. Lots of people who lack the abundance mindset, suddenly get rich. but because they have a poor person's mindset they quickly lose all the money.

• And prestige... I mean... Bill Clinton, Tiger Woods and Kevin Hart don't seem to have any trouble, do they? And their morals are...*excuse me while I choke...* The other thing is... ditch the one dimensional mindset folks. There's a HUUUUUUGE gap between being broke and being a millionaire... and MOST people, fall somewhere in there.

• Low quality women date broke people. So it’s not like you need money to get laid. Other things like height, attraction, dick size, comedy, talents, instruments, performances, all these things can get you laid. The great part about women gaining more independence is that money isn’t a deal breaker anymore but the highest quality girls still want $$$$.

• I had literally a perfect relationship for 3 weeks we talked about finances and she dumped me in 12 hrs. So obviously it matters probably the older a woman gets the more it matters to her for security. But it sucks !

• The number one reason for divorce is over money.

I am not athletic, not tall, not particularly good looking. But I can get very attractive girls easily because I have money, plus intelligence and charm to go with it.

• When women turn 30, yes.

• Unfortunately it has come to this :/
    I'm not going to showcase this however and won't live by this philosophy. I want a good woman after all and not a gold digger.

• True

• It depends of what is the goal of relationship. If you want big house and to be a houswife with 'allinclusive' life, of course that is true. And trouble of TODAYS is exactly this intentions of women. But be prepare for home violence as 'free-costs' non-optional addition. In other way, if the goal is partnership and both interested building of family, than totally different sides of character may be in front of 'that man'.

• What a bunch of malarky. While I think financial responsibility is very important for both genders, only the most superficial people care about how much money you have. Those people have personality disorders.

• Sure, if you're interested in that kind of materialistic girl. Better have your prenup agreement sorted.

• I'd actually argue that it's becoming less important.

• I think that is LESS true than it used to be.

• They just want a guy who makes an affordable income

• AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH "Todays age". Oh I had a laugh... Having money is a sign that you are good at surviving.

• Funny how all the guys say its about money but all the girls deny this

• or a big dick, according to a lot of women

• It's more a combination of wealth, genes, social status... but yeah it's true for most women today.