How often do you text a person you're interested in?

I don't mean your bf/gf I mean just someone you're interested in or casually dating?
Just curious to see where people stand with this.

93162

Most Helpful Guy

• At least everyday. If I like you I want to maintain a connection with you regularly. Familiarity makes me comfortable, and makes you become more apart of my life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am trying so hard not to text him now! I want to text him at least every day, but I dare not. He knows how to text. He'll text me if he wants to text me. lol we've had two dates and another scheduled for Sun. He texted me yesterday and I answered him this morning. So I guess I'm texting him every day.

What Guys Said 161

• When I want. I don't try and play dumb games. I just talk to them for as long or as short as the conversation goes and I don't worry about anything else. People I'm talking to now? At least a few hours a day.

• Not to much as she travels so much and I gotta study and am busy with my nieces a lot. But lucky for me she understands.

• Life is fucking short! Stop playing elementary games! Text and talk, you know if you like them... if they're not recognizing or reciprocal then slowly back away and move on... People will communicate with who they want when they want!

• There's a girl I really like... I've been trying to text her daily as much as I can. She deals with some difficult mental health issues and I worry for her so I try to make a point of being there to take her mind of stuff.

• Before sex: every 20 min or something crazy. After sex, 'babe, I told you I'm working. I'm sure you can go 8 hours without hearing from me.'

And no, it has nothing to do with how into her I am.

• All day

• Depends how I feel... it can be anything from strategic messages during strategic times or full blown conversations as if She's right here with me all day and night

Lol

• One a week I guess. I don't text for conversation, I would call for that. A text is more a quick message of confirmation or to organize something and write down the info.

Then it depends on how they reciprocate. At worst, I probably will fight the urge to text or call and can go a whole month without contact.

• I'll text as often as she likes and as infrequent as she likes, I'll just let her control it. But I'd much rather talk on the phone as it seems anyone can type and easier to play games. I'm old fashioned and prefer talking.

• Plenty of times! I rarely ever text anyone. Unless you’re a crush or someone I’m genuinely interested in, I will take a lot of action towards our relationship. Otherwise, I wouldn’t and that would simple mean that I don’t like you as much as you think.

• 50/50

You never wanna be the one who's overly interested or even appears that way and if she's not putting in any effort or giving short replies consistently then I move on.

• The more interested i am the less I seem to text since it makes me look busy and stops me wrecking things and keeps girls more keen.

• I text about once every 15-30 minutes. If they don't respond for a while, I'll start sending things in all caps like WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME? and if it goes for more than say, 2 hours I'm over at their house waiting in the bushes.

• if i could magically get their number... very often, i really do not know a tactful way of asking them upfront and get nervous.. sometimes it is easier for me to text things , i dont have problem talking to women bomen but usually they have to start with even the dumbest statement, i always afraid my stupid statemen scare the off... ithink i just thought of a new question lol

• Depends on the day. I use full sentences, punctuation, and grammar and expect the same. We (when I was with someone) have some days talked all day and then some very little. I'd rather have good communication than none.

• I use full sentences, punctuation, and grammar and expect the same.
      ^^^
      I think you might be the one! 😍
      Lol! πŸ˜‚

• Enough for them to stop texting back lol

• Message for message

• 24 7 all the time, if I'm asleep and she texts me I instantly wake up for her, and if she starts ignoring me then I get the message she don't like me so I'll leave and tell her to fuck herself if she came back wanting me

• I dunno. It depends on the day. I never want to be to clingy. So I might text once a day to see what her day is like. If she is busy I let it rest and go on with my life. If it seems she is not too busy we might chat a few times throughout the day.

It's also dependant on the girl some like more attention than others.

If it were up to me if never stop talking. So I have to be really mindful about not bothering people

• If we meet online (normally the case) I will text fairly often if there seems to be a connection. Once we meet IRL the frequency usually drops.

• Usually when I go to bed, wake up, and whenever they message, I tey to keep a convo of sorts going. Though it is usually snapchat.

• I usually don't care if a girl stops texting me back, but there is this one girl that I really like and I would be a bit upset if she stopped texting me. If I really liked a girl I wouldn't stop texting her lets put it that way.

• I do it when i remember him/her.
    I do it when i need him/her.
    I do it when i miss him/her

• I would text a girl who i was interested in often to show her that i cared
    about her but i wouldn't want come off as thirsty and text her compulsively.

• I will usually initiate the first text, but after 2-3 times, I will let them initiate almost all of the conversations.

• Probably often enough to start pissing them off.

• Probably at least once a day. However, sometimes I will purposely not respond immediately to a text (sometimes hours) to test how patient a girl is.

• I think it should be a mutual back and forth if the person your texting doesn't reach out to you dont force it

• I'm not great at half-measures. Like, if I like you, I'm pretty much going all in, texting everyday.

• I don't disagree assuming it's a back and forth. If I have 20 msgs when I get back to my phone, were gonna have an issue. Lol

• Oh yeah. That's obviously not cool. I'll text a lot if the conversation is good, but I'm faaaaaaar from being a clinger. lol

• Hey, you never know. Some guys really are. 😳

• I more like her facebook posts I guess.

• More from Guys
    131

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 92

• It depends on the day or person. If I'm busy or they are it might be once a day or for hours at a time. I prefer phone conversation over text if we aren't able to physically hangout. I'm not into games so if I wanna text someone I will and feel them out it they want to or can text at that moment.

• As little as possible and i will tell them that and ask for the same id rather not really even call or text its just flat and pointless and creates want and neediness and apparently for some pure torment if they its been read and they haven't replied...
    id rather just see you when we planned... hhhmmm anyone remember those days...

• Yes. The days when you used payphones for a quarter

• If you want to know someone's mind talk to them, if you want to know their heart, watch their actions...

• Maybe once - twice a week. I chat about school stuff then move on to their stuff in the chat. We're in the beginning though. I don't know how he feels yet so taking it slow.

• Maybe everyday. If we hit it off really well, we would tone down on the messages and probably opt for phone calls instead

• it can be different for different people.. but it's definitely more than rest of the people they talk to.. I don't really talk to anyone everyday.. not even my best friend.. but If I like someone.. I'd try and squeeze in a text or two everyday lol.. only if he likes me too..

• Too often πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    If we're really vibing then I'm eager to respond to the point that it's distracting

• If the convo is flowing we can chit chat, text, talk until that cows come home. But really throughout the day.

• If your age is accuraye, I'd start off at 1-2 times a week one to say hi or thanks for the last date/I had fun/etc and one to hopefully plan another date. If he initiates a text that may be another 1-2 interactions in a week so 3-4 texts/ week is probably enough to show interest but not appear as a Stage 5er.

• Hahaha Na I'm for sure not a stage 5er.
      It was actually just a random question. But that you for the advice. 😊

• On daily basis without being too pushy.
    But sometimes if I sent the last message and he left me on read, I will wait for him to start the conversation (depends if that guy is shy or not)

• Usually everyday but its whenever they want to talk to me, that way if its often i know theyre someone i could have a good relationship with

• I’m not a big fan of texting. If I can’t find things to talk about I just don’t reply. It’s easier to talk about things in person anyway. Texting can cause you to take things out of context.

• I text my husband several times a day! He's the only guy that holds my interest!!

• The guys I'm into always ghosts for a bit after we text for a whole day. Then he asks why I stopped texting him

• Nearly 24 hours... everyday

• @hasjohnson interested means not sex chat but ok political, natural , racing car , bike etc something with out job or work or serious things, and in friendly context nearly similar my indian best friend except a special things as girl and guy chat.

• I never said sex chat...

• I don't. I've literally stopped caring about trying with people I like so I don't text them or show them I'm interested at all.

• Might wanna be more blunt then next time, no human can read minds. That get things done quickly.

• @david878 might want to read the comment again. It's intentional. I don't want them to know, I don't want them to read minds and I'm not interested in them finding out.

• Im so weird. I like the guy but I'm still too scared to text him. I'll email him but not text.
    There was one time I emailed him (it was work related - as he works in our head office) and he was like "no text me".
    I'm still too shy πŸ‘€

• Daily or as often as they want to talk to me

• I don't like texting but he can call me or I call him. then we hang out. but we talk everyday <3

• Consistently but not to over the top especially if you work or have other things going on.

• Depends... if I'm not busy then I'd text them all the time, only if they message back though

• Well it depends on them, I take their lead. And I find most guys are absolute shit so it ends up not often πŸ˜”

• I talk as long as he keeps replying. Sometimes I'll message a guy if I think of something they might like during the day when we aren't talking too

• Once a day..
    Unless im always the lne to text first. Then i check if they text too and if they dont i might text another time after 2 days
    And if i feel like the first "try" didn't go well and i think we can do it better i text another time
    But this is only talking about starting the conversation

• Every day

• 2-3 times/week. I try not to let a convo be longer than it needs to be either if it's just pleasantries. I try to be the first to leave a conversation at least half the time or more to keep them wanting more.

• 24/7 if the interest is genuinely reciprocated.

• We Went Form Taking Everyday.. To Going 2-3 Days Without Talking.. to Going A Week Without Talking.. Now We Don't Talk Anymore

• Maybe once or twice a day, unless we're having a conversation.

• Never.

Given I'm excluded to give an answer because I'm dating, I apologise that I don't cheat.

• 2-3 times in a week, but I'll really straight up tell them that I like them, but I don't date people on the internet so I'll say no to dating.

• More from Girls
    62

1 private opinion(s)