Do you ever feel like calling it quits with your long term partner?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years and 7 months - so like super long. I know I care deeply for him but I don't feel like he's putting the same amount of effort into the relationship as I have been doing. It's like we're just together and we've turned into this old married couple who don't do anything fun or exciting anymore.

Sometimes I think about leaving and going after someone who'd give me a little more attention and adventure but I know I'd miss my current boyfriend so much and I'd regret it the moment I tried to end things.

Does anyone else ever feel like this?Do you ever feel like calling it quits with your long term partner?

325

Most Helpful Guy

• You feel like the relationship lost the spark? You know routine kills relationships?
    Once the exciting things from a relationship that are present in the beginning are gone, you have to look deeper and see whats currently wrong so you can overcome it and grow together.
    Is it him, or is it you? Does he ignore you now or do you crave more attention than before? Have your needs changed, is the problem coming from outside or inside?
    Yes it has happened to me and thats why I said all this. If you truly love him, maybe its worth looking into it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You both have to grow together in the relationship. The relationship does not stop just because the two of you may live together and been together for so many years. You still have to do things together as a couple to keep the spark alive.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE