Do you ever feel like calling it quits with your long term partner?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years and 7 months - so like super long. I know I care deeply for him but I don't feel like he's putting the same amount of effort into the relationship as I have been doing. It's like we're just together and we've turned into this old married couple who don't do anything fun or exciting anymore.

Sometimes I think about leaving and going after someone who'd give me a little more attention and adventure but I know I'd miss my current boyfriend so much and I'd regret it the moment I tried to end things.

Does anyone else ever feel like this?Do you ever feel like calling it quits with your long term partner?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You feel like the relationship lost the spark? You know routine kills relationships?
    Once the exciting things from a relationship that are present in the beginning are gone, you have to look deeper and see whats currently wrong so you can overcome it and grow together.
    Is it him, or is it you? Does he ignore you now or do you crave more attention than before? Have your needs changed, is the problem coming from outside or inside?
    Yes it has happened to me and thats why I said all this. If you truly love him, maybe its worth looking into it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You both have to grow together in the relationship. The relationship does not stop just because the two of you may live together and been together for so many years. You still have to do things together as a couple to keep the spark alive.

1|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• It happens. Why not talk to him. Let him know how you feel, that you don't want to continue this way. Give him some of your ideas to spice things up and ask him what he thinks would be good? Commjnicate well and try and work collaboratively isy advice. ... of course that comes from a place of having failed at it, but you can learn from my lesson. (c:

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years in November and I feel the same way sometimes but it'd be best to talk to them cause we all just need some reassurance sometimes

1|0
    0|0
    • Did you say anything to your girlfriend? If so.. we what did you say and how did she take it?

I think I'm quite vocal about being a little dissatisfied but I don't think he's listening. I feel like he's too comfortable with the way things are, if that makes sense?

• Everyone is going to take things differently just the way people are. I just asked her if she still wanted to be with me she didn't take it wrong she just told me how she felt.

So he basically doesn't try at all? How much do you guys text/ call every day

• a certain habituation never goes out. We are 45 years together. It is always the question, whether it is really boredom which one can prevent or weariness at the partner. Then the other can do what he will. It will never be enough. It is the task of both to talk and listen to find out this

1|0
    0|0
  • 2 years is not long and nowhere close to forever. You are at the turning point where the honeymoon is over and now you really get to know each other.
    Also. 2 years and you pretty much have been everywhere and done that. Now its time to see if you can look at each other for 5 minutes without saying a word. If not its over. If you can you both will be ripping each othets cloths off.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Think about what you want from him, what you expect him to do.
    2. Talk to him, ask how he feel about it.
    3. Remember that you can't expect anyone to be perfect all the time. He's not, and you're not (And that's fine)

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• If you would regret it then you already know your answer. If I knew I would regret it, I would try to make things work until our problems were no longer fixable.

Two years isn't too long, you're not 10 years invested into something that isn't going to work.

I'm sure you'll figure it out the more you think about it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Its better to end it than marry a guy who isn't right for you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes