Can you develop feelings for someone you have never met, just spoken to online?

1746

Most Helpful Guy

• Story of my life, desperate to resolve, I've been thinking of being with them a lot recently as it's the drive that keeps me thinking of new solutions to problem,. and it being I've never met a person properly and no longer have the luxury of feelings that are still developing,. I love them more than they know, more than I can show, and it tortures me like a slow, staggered death, wish it weren't so <3. ... ... X. <3

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! In fact, I am in love with someone long distance right now.
    It isn’t about the physical affection, although yes it is nice.
    It’s who that person is, how well you two get along together, your attitudes and honesty and how open minded you are.
    I would give anything to be able to comfort him when he’s depressed, or fall asleep next to him. For the time being I cannot (he’s coming down sometime in October) but I developed strong feelings for him baxk in June. I believe him to be the most perfect person I've ever met, regardless of his flaws. I know who he is and how he is. I don’t need to meet him to gainfeelings because I love him for him and not what he can give me.

• Here’s an update. November 5th I’m flying to see him and meet his parents. Sometime in January or February when he moves into an apartment I’m going To be moving in with him!

What Guys Said 45

• I'll say yes, a while back wouldn't have thought so much. But as somebody going through that now, I would have agree. It nice to actually be able to just take time to talk, day in and day out, finding out all the likes and dislikes well ahead of time. And I'll take online meeting any time over some drunk women in a bar/club., who do you really get to know there, surely not the real person, so stick it with the "what ifs" and "perceived personalities". I've spent countless hours chatting with my special someone over the past 8 months, probably more than any past relationships.

• No you can't. You fall in love with WHAT IF? You are infatuated with a username and a perceived personality but it is not love.

• I have a good friend I've known online for a couple of years now and the thought of liking her in that way crossed my mind a couple times, but it never really realized itself. But because of that I'd say yes, it is most certainly possible and even probable that it happens

• Yes you can and with pen pals

• no ! everything online is an illusion , nothing else.

i want to meet the actual person for that!

after meeting the person, may be possible!

• I did when i was in college. I thought this girl i met in a chat room was the best girl i'd ever met but she lived in Canada pretty far from me and i couldn't go meet her.

• yes, I've crushed on people I've only talked to online

• It's possible

• Only if I know what they look like, and am attracted to them. In that case, yeah of course. Why wouldn't we all be able to?

• For me, not real likely, but I don't go to chat rooms. The only exception is an IT chat room I went to some when I was preparing to test for a certification.

• Yes you definatly can. HOWEVER if he ever wants to meet up BE SAFE if going to a more private place take a Freind or if you don't have any freinds available go to a more public place like for example a red robin.

• Yes obviously. But unfortunately I haven't experienced that. But I am ready to give it a try. What do you say?

• yes because i can feel you across the globe miles away

• Yep I can

• Yeah, I have on several occasions. Just make sure you're not being catfished

• Sure , anything is possible

• No that's stupid lol whats the point

• Of course

• Yes! I didn't believe it, but it's happened

• Yes, and have.

• I did. Infact, it was the only time a woman said "I love you" to me.

• 100% you can

• Yeah, it happened to me through Facebook
    After that we went to deep serious relationship and I moved to her place which is another state and we were in relation for 5 years..
    But finally we got breakup.. :(

• Yeah

• Absolutely

• Yes ))

• You may surely develop feelings for someone who has met online and has had a fair amount of msgs exchange to your liking but to take the feelings further make sure you have had a good litmus and are doubly sure of not getting into a messssss...

• I've heard about that happening before but I find it hard to imagine

• Yep it is possible. Just video chat to verify the user too

• Yes. Would I want that to happen? Definitely!.

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 16

• I think so

• Yes.

• It's happened to me a couple of times. I mean, I never met the person at all, it was all text chat, and they made me feel giddy as a schoolgirl... It wasn't "true love" or anything but definitely a very strong crush.

• Oh absolutely. My boyfriend and I met online and talked for 2 months before meeting. He was working out of state and when he came home we met and the rest is history :)

• It's not a good idea. It can happen.

• I think so..

• It can happen.

• Absolutely.

• For sure!

• yep it did happen

• Yes I have before

• Yes its possible

• yeah we even have feelings for the famous people

• Yes you can although sometimes you'll just fall for someone because of how you think they are. I fell for a guy I met online and I liked the thought of him but when we met up that was when I really began to develop feelings for him

• yeah , like infatuation,

• Yes you can, but you just don't know if its real or puppy love. :)