Is a girl who doesn't drink a turn off?

Would you change your mind about a girl if she told you she doesn't drink alcohol?

845

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all, it's a choice. I drink socially, if she tried to change that, it would be a. discussion

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't drink and no one ever questioned it, beyond "are you pregnant?". People only dislike such people if they seem to be coming from a moral high ground.

What Guys Said 44

• Nope. Drinking girls are a turnoff.

• I used to think so... then i thought it'd be nice not having to be the one driving all the time. To DD's... however you wanna define that lol

• Nope

• I don't drink or smoke so I prefer 5he same in the girl so the girl who doesn't drink is actually perfect :)

• For some people in sure it could be. But I think for most including myself we won't care if you do or don't drink.

• Not even a little rum while chilling by the grill out on the porch?
    But either way it's no problem, it is certainly more preferred than someone who gets wasted every Friday.

• In all honesty it just doesn't appeal to me. But I have no problem if he wants to so long as it's responsibly

• Aslong as she would still alowe me to drink some I would have no problem

• Nope, guaranteed designated driver.

• lol that's one way to look at it!

• What kinda shit is this? Change your mind about a girl cause she doesn’t drink? What the actual fuck?

• I believe it would cause some issues. You two don't have to get wasted, but a glass of wine would be romantic and nice.

• I would strongly prefer that over a girl who does drink.

• Not at all

• I don't drink

• If it is a personal choice ok, but sometimes it is because girls are too insecure and after strong parent's supervision. Especially in teenage years. If this is the "that type of girl" who maybe only has one friend, is reading fiction novels and is still sleeping with her teddy bears than yes.

• I won't be with anyone that does drink alcohol. I think most of them make very foolish decisions when drinking.

• Nope

• I don't drink alcohol often. I might have a handful of drinks offer the course of the year. I would prefer a wo. an who doesn't drink. I hate being around drink people.

... but that doesn't mean I don't have vices. I do smoke pot and I would very much like a girlfriend who likes weed too

• Not at all. I prefer it.

• I much prefer women who don't drink as never have. Don't feel pressured into it of its not for you.

• No I actually prefer it. I mean, I don't like girls who get shitfaced every time they go out. But if she doesn't drink AT ALL, I think it's kind of lame.
    I like girls who only have one drink with dinner.

• Not at all. I drink because it is a shared experience at restaurants, bars and parties, and admittedly alcohol acts to relax me (especially after a long day at work, and after making time to exercise and play). It is a choice, but not a requirement. And, although alcohol may reduce sexual and social inhibitions, too much reduces stamina! Pretty important for an old guy like me...

• You're the exact type of girl I would date. I also don't drink.

• Its a turn on to me if she doesn't drink

• Do you mind if I ask why

• Because its a bad habit no body in my family drinks so I won't like her if she drinks. It makes her less attractive to me

• It’s your choice and it’s not a turn off but it does limit the possibilities of meeting new people at your age

• Its better that way

• Not at all.

• Not a turn off, I don't drink either

• Only if she is a health freak. If she just doesn't like the taste I'm okay.

• How does that make any difference?

• I don't like people being obsessed with being healthy.

• Not at all

• I prefer it that way. I don't drink either

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 7

• I personally don't drink because I'm not old enough haha. When I am i'll probably drink a little at a dinner with friends or for a holiday. But black out drunk at parties just isn't my thing. I've got a few friends younger than me who drink and to each their own. They don't have boyfriends though so I don't know if that's a indicator or not.

• I didn't drink when I was younger. Guys always said as long as I didn't try to make them stop drinking they didn't care

• Nope I'd actually prefer it

• no it is not a turn off

• No someone has to drive us home and it won't be me

• A turn off.

• You Dringker?