Do you think having a bad period and cramps is a reasonable excuse to cancel a first date? If so, how to let the guy know?

I always have really bad cramps even after I take painkillers and I need to sleep all day first day. I didn't expect it, it is 5 days early. I need to cancel, how to do it?

• Yes
  • No

1722

What Guys Said 22

• Don't tell him the reason just say you aren't feeling well and offer some other days that will work for you

• Just make sure you don't just cancel, but pick a new date to meet - otherwise it just seems like you're blowing him off, no matter how true your situation is. He doesn't know you, and the best way to proceed and build trust before you've even had that first date is by making sure he knows that you still want to go out, even if your current circumstances prevent it this particular day

• Yes, but be sure to make definitely arrangements for another date so he knows you're still interested rather than using sickness as an excuse.

• Cancelling a date is perfectly fine as long as you make plans to reschedule.

At least say, "let's see in a few days," or something. Doesn't have to be a set date. Just let him know you're not "ghosting" him.

• Ofcourse.. if you're not well. Would there be a point of going out and not enjoying yourself due to the feeling of it?

Who knows, if a chivalrous fellow still exists, he may drop you off something to cheer you up 😉

• Yes. Just say its time of the month and we understand.

• Hmm that's REALLY tough to be honest - yes that is in a sense a legit excuse and I would not want to be going on a date with a girl writhing in pain...

But at the same time if a girl used this one on me especially on a first date and especially soon before the date, I'd assume she's flaking and likely delete her number.

You need to play this one very cautiously, especially if you met the guy online (where most guys are VERY receptive of flaky behavior)

• Tell him you're not feeling well and you want to reschedule. As long as you're up for a redux no one will be bothered in the least.

• Say you're not feeling well and need to reschedule. I recommend suggesting a different day/time right away so he knows that you're still interested.

• Yeah agree otherwise he would take it as being ignored

• If you have to cancel for such a reason, tell it like it is, and offer another day.

You probably have endimetriosis. You can get it fixed.

• Yeah, just say that you're sick, you don't need to go into details. After you guys get to know each other better, if you do, then you can tell him "hey by the way remember when I said I was sick on our first date?"

• Yes - but just tell him you're sick. No need for menstrual details - guys don't want to hear that stuff.

• yes and i would want the girl to maturely tell me before the date,

• Guys will understand, if you really like one another then always be honest,

• If you're not feeling up to it and you want to be at your best for this moment then reschedule.. you want it to work out right...

• Get the point across that you really like him but are in agony. " I really like you and was really excited about tonight but I'm down for the count with female problems. Can we make it next week? My treat."

• I dont know him i dont like him yet

• You should tell him the truth. Especially if you get this every month this way he will understand in the future.

• Yes, why would it not be? Just make sure to let him know that you are sick.

• If you're in enough pain then yes

• Just tell him you're sick. If you still want to see him ask if you can reschedule.

• Just be straight up. Also make sure you have another confirmed date.

• If you cancel making it clear you aren't well, and you clearly set another date in the future, it will be fine. You will have to confirm nearer the time though. It's also possible he would lose interest by then if you don't build on it.

What Girls Said 17

• Tell him you have bad stomach aches and suggest another date for the date, so he knows you still want to meet up.

• I know how you feel! My cramps are horrible, I'm useless the first day.
    If you really don't feel up to going, definitely cancel. There is no need to make yourself feel more miserable then you already are and potentially make a bad first impression.
    Just tell him you aren't feeling well but you'd like to reschedule, and suggest a date after you're period has ended.
    Or, if you really want to keep the date, maybe you could change plans to something you're feeling up to doing. Something like going to the movies is casual so you don't have to worry about getting all dressed up, you can relax, and better yet you can pig out lol.

Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!

• Be honest with him then reschedule another date after you cancel it. That way he'll know it's not just an excuse not to meet up with him. Then make sure you don't cancel on him again when you reschedule.

If you make definite arrangements i. e. date, time and place, for another date after you cancel this one , he'll know it's not just a brush off

• 1st dates don't get to know exactly why
    no one including you wants to be around this
    Have to cancel because my Aunt Penny made a surprise visit BUT I might be able to see you these days: ... list them

Later on, you can explain WHO Aunt is

• Yes. Just tell him you’re not feeling well.

• It's fine to cancel. If he doesn't understand or is grossed out you don't need him anyways

• If you don't want to tell him you're on your period, tell him your sick. Then ask how bout next week.

• yes why not? ;)

• It absolutely is a great reason to! You can always reschedule

• Just let him know you're sick and reschedule, no need to go into detail

• Girl cancel that shit. Period pains are shitty af. On a side note, id look into birth control for your bad period cramps. The shot and no more period for like 3 months.

• just tell him you're completely out of it. But make sure to set another date in the near future so he knows you weren't blowing him off

• Yeah, just tell him you're not feeling well.

• Why not? Tell him you have an upset stomach and ask to postpone.

• If you're feeling really unwell, cancel it. I probably wouldn't tell him about your period though, just tell him you're sick. I'd also suggest a new date a week later and stay in contact with him until then

• yea it is

• yes it is