Would you date someone who is unemployed?

Feel free to explain why whatever your answer may be.

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends
    Vote C

1329

What Guys Said 29

• I don't think it will effect me much to be fair, as long as they will get back into work then that's great.

I like my partner to have ambition and to become all they can. If they don't want to work then they will have to be smoking hot to bypass. I think it's very unlikely for me.

• Sure. I wouldn't take her out to dinner or anything that cost money, but we could hang out, go fishing, watch movies, and fuck.

Hell, the last bitch that THOUGHT she was my girlfriend was unemployed for part of the time I was seeing her, so why not.

• Well... don't need to ask why you're single then.

• Not so much hating on you for not doing relationships but if you're going to be sleeping with a women have the decency to tell her it's not a relationship. Don't waste her time.

• Yah, no. They wasted years and years of my life (in addition to all the other shit they've done to me). Goose, meet gander.

• It really depends. If they between jobs or somehow self sufficient with money they perhaps have saved, then no problem.

If they are a full time student or actively looking for work or volunteering, no problem.

Sitting around being a bum, watching daytime TV, yeah now we have a problem.

• I dont see how them being unemployed has anything to do with personality, attractiveness or anything like that.

• i would but it would depend on why they are unemployed. i'm not against dating someone who doesn't have a job as long as there is a decent reason why

• Depends. unemployment happens, the thing is, is she doing something about it?

• If she's in between jobs or changing career direction sure.

If she is unemployed because she either cannot (bad personality, disabled etc.) or will not (lazy) then no I wouldn't.

• If the disability is severe then thats a perfectly good reason to not be working.

• Yeah absolutely, but I'm thinking more... if it's that severe I wouldn't want to date someone like that. Being a carer is not something that I'm looking for in a relationship personally.

• I am a single male, I haven't find the one (soulmate) yet, and I am setting up my business plan to be successful. If I would to find the one and she is unemployed for a reasons like I just move into town, Its hard to find a job, or I want to be a house wife taking care of the home and are future kids, I would date her.

• Ues, as long as they had a job.

• Just got laid off myself, but I wasn't getting laid when I was working so can't tell the difference here.

• Yes it wouldn't be a deal breaker to date someone whose
    unemployed cause i love a girl for her heart not for her money.

• Only if she was a student, or she recently got laid off and was already searching for another job.

• Sure. I was dating a girl who works a lot and that's horrible because I couldn't know when we can see again, so I prefer to date unemployed girls who are available to see them more often.

• A lot of the girls I date are in college and may or may not have a job at the time.

• as long as she was really trying to get one but it was to hard I wouldn't mind as long is she doesn't sit on her ass feeling sorry because she isn't trying

• Yes, and I'll tell you why. No work means more time to spend with me

• and if I'm unemployed too who's gonna pay?

• No she needs a job unless she rich

• Hell no

• For some reason most girls my age live off there parents or dont even work so i kinds have to deal with dating a unemployed

• 90% of people my age are in work. I guess being unemployed at 19 is understandable as it's getting harder for school leavers to get a job

• I've been to America. Saw quite a lot of women working in shops, hotels, restaurants.

• That are millennials? Also was it north or south

• I will employ her 24h a day ;)

• Depends on the reason.

• Probably not. Unless she was wrongfully fired and a lawsuit is pending.

• This is how much money is worth. It's worth even less when that special someone is around.

• Sure

• I love her heart not her money !

• No I became rich because i didn't blow my cash why does she think I should spend it on her

• Who says she wants you to spend your money on her?
      Not all women who like employed men are after their money... I don't find unemployed men (without good reason) attractive because they show no ambition and more likely scrounge off of me.

• 100% of my ex's disagree with your statment

• Don't base all women on your bad choices of them.

• I'm unemployed and I wouldn't date me. I think people need to get their shit together first before considering dating. I for one am trying

• When I was unemployed, I was not interested in dating. I don't like asking my partner for money and to be honest I just felt insecure about being unemployed.

• Nah, I only deal with strippers.

What Girls Said 13

• It's difficult to get a job in today's economy, so I don't mind. I only have a part time job myself.

• Hell yes I would. Even if my boyfriend was to become unemployed later on, I'd still love him and be with him. I don't need a luxury life or to depend on sugar daddies or something. I'd very much have my boyfriend who truly loves me for who I am, and I wouldn't ever change that.

• I feel like someone should have their life together before dating. I've had several jobs over the last 13 years, and I've got a promising career.
    However, if someone is a student, or has their own business or something like that, I don't consider that the same as unemployed.
    To be clear, I don't care if they're rich. I care that they have direction and ambition in their life. I do, and I feel like someone who doesn't wouldn't be a good match for me.

• Both my boyfriend and I were unemployed when we started dating. I wouldn’t care if they were unemployed as long as it’s because they’re looking for a job or they’re going to college

• Depends on why they're unemployed. If they're actively trying to find a job or are studying then yes. If they're living off of their parents money and don't even try to get a job then no.

• Already am

• Okay. You want a blue ribbon or something for that?

• Making assumptions about a lass they don't know and causing drama πŸ‘πŸ» pleassseee don't let me disturb your bitch fest

• Says the initial bitch bye princess πŸ˜‚

• If he's between jobs and looking for another one, then that's cool. If he is lazy and unmotivated, then no. I need an independent man.

• It would depend on the situation.

• Job loss happens. I expect them to take a job wherever they can. Laziness and joblessness are not the same

• sure

• Yes I would.

• Depends on why, if they have a reason for being unemployed I don't see why not

• As a woman I wouldn't date a lazy unemployed male. As a woman it shouldn't matter if you work or not. If a man expects you to pay and to bum off you then they are too immature and unstable to be dating in the first place. All men who want women to pay their way will either be single for life or are so low quality that they will only attract lower quality women. Im not desperate so no I would not date a jobless male

• Lol woww so if an unemployed male sits on his ass he's a bumb (which makes sense) but if it's a female she's still a catch? Tf a girl who expects to do nothing and just have a man take care of her is a prostitute (sex exchanged for goods) you know. The man for allowing her to do that is a bitch too

• Also saying if a guy won't stand for it he'll be alone forever or attract low quality women. When in reality it's completely the other way around. A women who is capable of being independent is the quality woman not the one who has to smooch off the man

• images2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Khome.ears.jpg

Jesus. You're saying women don't need to work while you expect your guy to work his ass off. Sounds like you're the desperate one.