Would you give your ex a second chance, or a person who had initially rejected you?

Let’s say that you recently got a girlfriend or boyfriend, but your ex and another guy that initially rejected you start to realize that they have feelings for you (in the ex’s case, they may have always had feelings, just didn’t realize that it was still there). If things don’t work out with your current partner, and you break up, which would you be more willing to give another chance to?

• Your Ex
    41%(26)37%(46)Vote33%(20)
  • The person who initially rejected you
    59%(37)63%(78)Vote67%(41)

Most Helpful Guy

• My ex, hands down. Most of my exes... we split amicably. I just traveled a lot. But I've both been on the streets, and had a lot of money, and when I was on the streets, I got to see how 90 percent of people REALLY are, not just what they talk about. And someone who initially rejects you-is NOT genuine. At least the ex actually gave you a shot once upon a time. For those whose ex crapped all over them... I can understand them choosing B. That doesn't happen to be my case. I won't even humanly acknowledge someone who initially rejects me after the fact. They're all style, no substance-but be the FIRST to scream for sympathy when it happens to them. Yeah, see ya!

• I kinda had that same idea as well. I can see why people wouldn’t want to go back to an ex, but at the same time, like you said, they did at least give you a chance and accepted you right away the first time. The person that rejected you didn’t even give it a thought until after you got with someone else or no longer paid any attention to them. I don’t understand that

• @pleasestopthis Because usually that person gives the one they rejected mixed signals, and don’t make it clear that they like them and are serious about them. This makes the other person (the one who was rejected by them) think that they are playing with their emotions and just want their attention back to boost their ego.

• @pleasestopthis sounds like the reason why I ignore U. S. females and go out of my way to cater to immigrants. I've taught my sons to do the same. A landfill is more appealing in persona attitude. Hehehehe... smh.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 45

• If the ex had cheated on me, they never get a second chance. If the ex did not cheat, what is the reason for the breakup? If we reunite, are we going to encounter the same problem again? Aside from the reason for the breakup, did the previous relationship have the potential for a long term relationship?

• Well I’m just asking in general, but let’s say you and the ex were in love and yes had the potential to be long term. As for the break up reason, I guess nothing too severe that would make them hate each other. Same can be for the person who initially rejected you

• The ex is a known quantity. I should have a good idea of what I am getting into with her. The one who rejected me is one who I don't know and that is a gamble. Is what I know about the ex good enough to make that a better opportunity than taking a chance with the unknown?

• I voted B. I will NEVER go back to my ex. She cannot be forgiven for what she did.

• Rather give my ex a second chance depending on why we split up in the first place. But for someone who initially rejected me... hehehehe... hahahaha... oh, they'll get a chance alright.. but when im done with them...

• The ex is an ex for reasons. Why would I set that back up to fail again. So I was rejected but am being given a chance now... why not, unless the rejection part hurt my feelings. I would pay close attention to the reasons for the rejection... were they good reasons or just bias ones?

• What if they rejected you because they said that they would never see you as more than a friend

• I'd have to know as to why. I'm I not good looking enough or was it a character defect that takes me out of the intimate department? If it was an assumption about me that later was proven wrong with time and my personal examples... fine, I'll get over it. If on the other hand it is something I could still fix or improve despite my now gained acceptance for whatever those reasons are... there's always room for improvement.

Otherwise let's face it, I was triggered and now acting butt hurt by the rejection itself. Everyone deserves the right to reject anyone or anything they don't find suitable... even if that happens to be me.

• Both, if I felt like they would be worth it... and for the girl who rejected me I obviously wanted her because I felt that she was worth it... And if me and my ex ended badly then maybe I'd try to redeem it...

• it would really depend on why we the ex and broke up and the reasons why the person rejected me and how they went about rejecting me.

• I already know a relationship with a ex won't work, but a person who rejected me and then wanted to hook up after changing their mind i know that there is some potential for a relationship.

• I had to pick my EX... as She was the ONE... LOVE of MY LIfe. BUT if I was thinking properly (ever got over her), It would probably the option #2.

• Very definitely choice B! Even If I go back to my EX I'll ruin her life as she ruined mine! Revenge time BITCH! HAHAHA

• Neither one, please
    time is precious, can't be replaced like money
    so move ahead, no peeking in rear view mirror
    else wasting time getting to a more perfect (perhaps forever) match

• No there's no point in that

• Neither and I will explain why. Either they broke up with me for a stupid reason or I broke up with them. I broke up because of blg lies, cheating, controlling parents, did not see them moving out soon enough, would not move in with me unless married etc. If I was initially rejected then that is the reason not to go with someone.

• Neither. With a ex, I won't put my shitty underware back on. Bring rejected, if I wasn't good enough then, whay am I good enough now?

• I though about this question for a day or so. If my wife were to pass away I would consider a relationship with my first wife. 30 years ago, I was young and treated her like shit. She has fallen on hard times and I would like to make sure she was taken care of.

• Neither, too many risks. I know if I get back with my ex, the relationship will be too awkward. I know that a woman who initially rejected me only has false attraction to me in which she doesn’t actually like me.

• And ex is usually an ex for a reason so I probably would go to the one that recently rejected me

• There's one that I would.

• I had rejected my friend and have loving her. So I know very well how you start having those feelings and there is a sense of respect for your partner. If you've been friends for a long time, you'll be the same no matter what your relationship status is.

• The person that rejected me, but I will be very cold towards them.

• The person who initially rejected you because she knows who she is.

My ex didn’t respect me.

• I don't have an ex but neither

• Id give both a chance, but id chose who depending on my opinion of them i guess.

• The person who initially rejected me i would give them a second chance.

• depends, too many variables to consider for such a general question

• Yeh why not, it would be worth a try I guess, people can change opinions.

• I don't have an ex but I've been rejected a lot, soooo...

• Yes for me I will forgive my ex and give her second anf last chance.. This will make her more appreciate in the future

• Neither.

But if I had to choose , then option ' B'

• Nope because they only want you because they can't have you.

• Never. When i Move on, i never look back

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 19

• If I was in a relationship, hell to the no. I wouldn't ditch a potential lifelong relationship for a guy who "changed his mind". But if I was single, I might consider giving a chance to a guy who rejected me at first, it would be unlikely, though. But my exs are exs for very good reasons, so they are never getting another chance.

• Nope.

• B - the guy who rejected me. He may have had some problems in his life and wasn't ready to date at that particular time. It may have been a case of... the timing was wrong for him

Once a relationship ends , I move on emotionally and mentally. My feelings fade and they can never be rekindled , but I could develop feelings for a guy who initially rejected me

• The ex already had their chance. The other may but it would depend upon how I feel about them and why they rejected me. Typically I just move on and leave things alone after rejection.

• Maybe the rejected one but I think it'd depend on the history with the ex & whether I broke up with them or not. If they were really not worth dating in the first place I'd definitely, definitely, go for B but yeah maybe. I think I'd wait a little bit to see if it's just because I'm not single that they're interested in me. Guys do often want what they can't have because they can't have it.

• Neither.
    Every person I ended up splitting with was for a reason... so no.
    And the people who rejected me - what made them change their mind all of a sudden? Suspicious... so no...

• This question is ironic because my ex definitely opened up Pandora's box on my already insane life a few weeks ago by telling me that he still has feelings for me after almost 9 years of being broken up! And i have another guy who i have feelings for but rejected me, but also won't let me walk away. So yeah, this question is kind of my life atm.

• Wow, so you have two choices! Lol, do you know who you want to choose?

• Every time I lean one way, something pushes me towards the other. I'm not good with this kind of stuff lol. Up until a few weeks ago, I didn't even know that I still had feelings for my ex. There's a ton of history there tho.

• Well I would never go back to an ex boyfriend; an ex hubby maybe, but not an ex boyfriend. And funny this is that only guy I ever really wanted has rejected me. And I wouldn't go back with an ex, because I already dated them enough to know how to move on. But the guy that rejected me, I never got that chance with. And if I had that chance, I'd take it in a heartbeat, but he's in a happy relationship, and I don't wanna ruin that. But if he was single 'n' went for me, I'd definitely go for it.

• Good Question. I would gave the person a chance but not my ex.

• If the guy person rejected me because for some reason the situation didn't add up and it is not a problem now then yeah, I will accept them back. If they rejected me for another girl and then they break up then he comes back to me then absolutely not, I will never take them back. For the ex, that's just a no.

• Depends on why they became an ex in the first place. why give it a chance for it not to work the second time round!

• So does that mean that you will give the person who initially rejected you another chance?

• I didn’t mean it like that. I meant that would you give them another chance (to be with you) even though they rejected you at first?

• it’s like that line “back then they didn’t want me, now I’m hot! He had he’s chance so NO I wouldn’t!!

• Both I think in right circumstance. I think I not want to in both. I just know sometimes you need give someone chance also

• I've never been in a bad relationship so I picked A. I picked A also because I have to much pride to go out with someone who rejected me.

• neither, If I had to choose , option b.

• Not the rejected

• I will give chance to ex.

• I would date my ex again

• A guy rejected me once when I was an ugly duckling and he's turned out to be the ugly one now, haha. So I wouldn't date him, but I would prefer that over dating an ex again.

• The person who initially rejected me