Is Tinder a viable way to start dating someone?

4199

What Girls Said 41

• Sure but its gross and ugly. Over time, it has the power to make you feel gross and ugly inside too. But, you can find love anywhere that's the great thing about it. I think the best way to start dating someone is seeing them in their natural habitat, not in this weird experimental bubble world that tinder is.

You're better off going out into the real world and looking around at people that look interesting and striking up a conversation with them, it ain't easy but the best things in life aren't.

• Darn good answer.

• @R33b33n yeah they never end up being what you thought. it's like you meet someone on tinder and you have to use your imagination to fill in the blanks. I'd rather see the person in real life. they way they move, they way they talk, how they are with their friends. you see someone in real life for like 4 seconds, and you will know them 256% more than someone you've been chatting on tinder with for 2 weeks.

• Yes, it's a "dating site", which means people are here to find love, and because it's an app they'll create the "dream profile" to have better chance... I did it like every users, it's normal, it's the way the app is made that makes you do this, but it actually decrease your chances in real life as much as it improves them on the app...

• I met my SO on tinder, and we are pretty perfect together. But it was kinda a random thing that we actually met. It can be. But it's very frustrating (tinder that is?

• Tinder is whatever you make of it. In small cities, it's probably the only dating site/app for young people. I met my last long-term boyfriend on Tinder. We both wanted relationships.

• Yes it is. Met my fiancee on tinder. But then again, it also depends on how you present yourself online. My bio clearly stated that I was an engineering college student looking for something serious. So was he. But then again, I think we both got lucky.

• Some people get lucky and some don't

• Yes! my friend just got married to a man she met on tinder 3 years ago. They dated and now they're married. I just met a really great guy off there too! Just be careful because while there are good guys on there, there are also bad ones. I talked to a guy once that I met off that app & turned out he was married.

• In your case it's probably women but it still applies

• Yes. I've been together with my boyfriend for over a year now and we met through tinder.

• Tinder is known to be more about hookups then real relationships but you can check it out and see where it goes

• It's not the worst way but don't expect a magical solution

• You definitely can! I matched with a guy and he messaged me, I never messaged him back since I hardly use it. He found me on facebook and added me. We have been hanging out for months not amd he is the man of my dreams 😍 I only hope to end up with him one day. So if it weren't for tinder I wouldn't have met him

• Tinder is a hook up site very few people on there actually want relationships and mean it. As a guy you could probably a decent person to date but, it'll take a bit. It's hopeless on their for the ladies too many fuckboys

• The girls get hundreds of messeges a week. If there smart there go out with a good guy. Its not for hook ups

• From what I know on Gag with this Here, Dear... Good Way to Laid.
    Good Luck. xx

• From what I know is that it’s a great place to find someone to hookup with. Not so great for a real relationship. But then again I know people who have met online and found a great relationship so...

• It depends. Most people on there just want hookups but you can run into a few who want somthing serious. I met my fiance on tinder.

• i've heard people use it mostly for hookups

• yes.

• Yeah, just make it clear what you want because there's a lot of people just in there for random hookups. I met my boyfriend in there though.

• Are there a lot of people looking for hookups. In my town, everybody is looking for something serious on Tinder. According to their profiles anyway.

• I honestly don't really believe any dating site is a good way to start seeing someone. It isn't organic enough and the relationship can't progress naturally without a certain set of expectations.

• I think that's BS. Your expectations in dating are only set by you, and not by how you met.

• Well if the whole point of the site is to find other single people for play or dating then yes the implication is there. There's a reason these sites aren't called "friend land" or "palsplace". Just sayin'

No reason to be such a cock about a difference in opinion. Might want to put your testosterone supplements down.

• It can be depending on if both people are willing to make it work

• My friend had a relationship that started on Tinder. They had known each other in person first but that's how he made the first move.

• I had the app for like 5 minutes and deleted it.

From the things I've heard, it's a hook up app. Not a dating app.

• To fuck yes, that's not dating

• Nooooooo

• it's possible

• To f@&k someone... sure! To date someone.. No!

• I consider tinder to just be a hookup app. Thats why I've never installed it and most people who install that are in there with the intention of hooking up. Not the safest app to go searching for a relationship although u can try your luck.

• I only know of only one couple that met on Tinder and got married... I have used Tinder in 3 different countries 5 different cities and it's generally the same I. e a hook up site... these guys aren't really serious there. Thank goodness for other sites.

• I met my boyfriend of 10 months and we met on Tinder. A lot of people just want to fuck around but there are plenty of people looking for something serious as well just ignore the ones not looking for something serious.

• It's certainly possible. If two people are on there looking for an actual relationship, then absolutely.

• Anything is a viable way of starting to date someone. Tinder unfortunately is very looks based.

• More from Girls
    11

What Guys Said 99

• Very rarely.

Tinder calling itself a "dating app" is like calling a triple bacon cheeseburger "healthy" because the lettuce was organically grown - you aren't fooling anyone (well, at least, not very many).

Tinder is a hook-up app - for people looking for casual sex (men) or attention/validation (women). It's design and operation is incredibly lousy for the goal of finding a compatible partner for a relationship - but ideal for the shallow pursuit of casual sex. Coincidence? Not a chance.

• I met my current girlfriend on Tinder, we've been dating for almost a year now. Best way to find success, in my opinion, is to know your intentions from the beginning and be up front and honest with each match. There's countless worthless matches, but some are great!

• The fundamental flaw with Tinder is it is bias towards girls. They have all the power and the guys dont. My friend with have to wait a considerable amount of time before even getting a match. If the girl wasn't into you, without giving you a chance she would unmatch you. If that's how all relationship work then there's no hope for relationship.

I on the other hand believe that if I find someone I like there's a part of me thinks she could be speaking to someone else and could end heartbroken so I stay clear. Instead I'll go to nice bars or restaurant and try flattering, the good old fashion way.

• I just got out of a three year relationship that started on tinder. It sure is, sure there aren't that many tinderella stories, but how many relationships end up working out anyway?

• Not really, no. It's occasionally uses for hookups but most the accounts are either bots or kids trying to score nudes.

• Really depends on how you use it - You could spend hours on Tinder cultivating contacts - Anything is viable depending on how much you put in - Chances of success is a totally different discussion, I think Tinder has more a reputation for hooking up but if you say your stated aim is to find someone to date, it may keep things clear.

• If you have women throwing themselves at you constantly in real life, Tinder, POF, etc, will yield good results.

If not, don't bother.

• I mean it's not impossible, but with everyone having so many options, it's rather difficult.

Is it solely for hookups? No, but at the same time I rarely hear of people having success stories from it, at least for relationships. The same could be said about other dating sites and apps too.

It isn't like ok we met on tinder so this is just gonna be a hookup or we met on pof or okc so this is gonna be a relationship. Doesn't work that way.

• As a guy, no. Tinder is so flooded with guys that your chances of getting and subsequently keeping a girl's interest for more than an hour are slim to none. Most guys just swipe right on every girl to try to be seen which creates an environment where the women are overwhelmed with matches constantly

• Only if you're willing to put up with all the bot accounts and only if you live in a very populated city.

• I've been on it for about a month, not much has happened, I've matched with some people but my matches were either catfish or didn't want to talk. In my experience, online dating in general doesn't work out well, I think talking to people in person is much more efficient and less frustrating

• If you like fucking then yes.

• Nope. Plus its full of spam bots.

• It really just depends on the person you encounter.

• It's a hookup app

• It's as good as anything. The important thing is to meet a bunch of potential partners.

• I found my second girlfriend on Tinder and ironically she was the best so far. In general though it is a hook up app and and I usually messaged about 1 in 100 matches soo...

• The last woman I met on tinder just wanted something from me to make her actual boyfriend jealous. That was a downer...

• I met met my girlfriend on Tinder more than a year and a half ago! I love her dearly and chances that we'll get married someday are high!

• Yup, my last relationship (which lasted 2 years) started on Tinder

• My tutor met her current boyfriend on it

• Oh God no! It's the complete shits. It's Childs play. Go to adultfriendfinder. com or craigslist or fetlife. com

• Start dating a monster in your area? Hell yea why not.

• It is... but beware the type of the girls on dating sites are a special type lol...

• Yeah they all have one or more of several problems and insecurities. Some wouldn't know what a good guy was on there if their lives depended on it.

• Anything is possible. I've had tinder for a long while now and haven't even gotten a conversation going really or I'm just teased, but good luck to you

• It's viable but harder. It's much easier in real life, by going to sites of common interest.

https://allevents.in/

• Sure, it's just a way to meet. What you do from there is up to you.

• Well considering the only fish I catch on there is robots I go with but a lot of people have hooked up and I'm pretty sure out of some of those people real relationships are formed

• I don't think so. I am disagreeing on the context of country like India where still dating before marriage is kind of taboo! Yes it happens but in discreet way in college or schools. Tinder may be great for countries like USA or UK and it may be working fine there but I guess it's not a viable way here in India.

• Don't even bother, it's a lot of work to get a few messages and a tiny portion will turn into a date. If you want to date approach women in real life.

• More from Guys
    69