Who would you most likely turn to for dating tips?

Who of the choices I have listed below would you most likely turn to for dating advice? Please explain your choice in the comments. Poll options were limited, so please feel free to comment other choices as well.

• Single person my age of the same gender.
  • Single person my age of the opposite gender.
  • Taken person my age of the same gender.
    Vote C
  • Taken person my age of the opposite gender.
    Vote D
  • Older single person.
    Vote E
  • Older person in a relationship.
    Vote F
  • Other.
    Vote G

1122

Most Helpful Guy

• Assuming I would go to someone for advice, as I'm usually of the opinion that I can handle it myself, I'd probably go for a single female friend of roughly same age as me. I figure that anyone who is in a long term relationship can probably give me good tips for a relationship, but I also think that a single woman of roughly my age could give me a better idea of what women like her, which would be my "target" group, like, dislike, look for etc. Granted I understand that every woman is an individual, but in general I'd assume that most would have at least some similarities.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the person. Generally an older person in a HEALTHY relationship would be the best choice I think, however sometimes single people and younger people can be helpful. It depends on their track record. If they can't keep things together for themselves and they haven't learn from their past then why would you want their advice? People I know like that just tend to complain rather than say anything meaningful. And if you go to them for advice it turns into "WELL let me tell you about MY problems..."

What Guys Said 21

• I have one dude I now that is the ultimate player. He takes home a new woman like every week, once told me he hooked up with three women in one day. He probably doesn't know the first thing about dating, but he sure as hell knows how to pick them up.

I wouldn't ask him for advice though. Why? Because I'm a shy introvert and not trying to play women. Would be nice to know how to flirt better though.

I would be nice to have a mentor who knows about dating or a coach, but I don't have that kind of cash right now (using it to improve my life and go to college instead). Most of the people I get advice from are women, but I think an experienced guy would be a better coach.

• I have a couple of gurus I go to. One is a slightly older single female friend (about 4 years older) that has been in a couple of long term relationships. Another is a woman roughly the same age as me, but who has been "quite loose" (her words, not mine) in the five or so years between her marriage ending & her current one starting. Each of them provide a different perspective on what I should and/or shouldn't do.
    And unfortunately, my only male friends are my younger brothers (both married), but I don't feel overly comfortable going to them for advice...

• Anybody really, one can get helpful tidbits of information from everybody, if said person is actually trying to be helpful. Its up to me to decide what applies and what doesn't beyond that.

• Older person of the same gender. They usually have more experience in relationships/dating, they just about seen it all and done it all. Some of the best advice given to me has been from those particular people. I don’t take much advice from women, sure they could give some insight as to how another woman may think but unless they date women themselves what possible help could they be off?

• Well most likly all from that since I always controle all informations I get before I consider one as the best

• Nobody. I solve my own problems or fail trying.

• Opposite sex for better advice

• She's a grade school friend I've known for 45ish years and also my therapist, lol.

• Internet and gag lol I don't know why I feel uncomfortable talking about that stuff with friends

• Peers my own age

• Myself every time. Too bad I've always been single

• Usually single person of opposite gender.

• Eh. I've followed the advice of people in all sorts of situations and I'm still single

• The person in dating 😉

• Parents, siblings

• Not this app. Common sense has worked for me thus far.

• I defer to female friends about all things female. I hope to gain insight into their thinking...

• Same sex as the opposite doesn't give good dating advice.

• Other.
    No one. All of them feed you bullshit

• A woman I’ll that’s taken since obviously she would know best

What Girls Said 10

• "Single person of my age and the opposite sex". I think that everyone is an individual and that people are naturally biased. I think it's natural for people in happy, healthy relationships to compare each person to their S. O when they think of traits that they'd want in a partner. I want to date single guys, not happily settled men. I also want to date guys in my age range so why would I consult older men? There are a few older men who can understand the younger generation so there are some exceptions of course.

It makes more sense to get answers straight from your demographic of interest, if you ask me.

I may also ask some older females about their experiences but that's more to get a perspective from the female pov.

• Slightly older man in a relationship... basically my target market who is successful haha

• Any older guy friend with dating experience, usually my best friend (guy)

• None l need no tips

• Depends on the type of tip I want. If tips on getting dates - a friend who dates a lot, they'll know how to get dates. If relationship advice - someone in a good relationship.

• Same age in a relationship, because I think they would relate to me best

• My best friend of the opposite gender

• Single person of same gender.

• Usually my bestie. Same age has a boyfriend