Do you think a relationship will work without attraction?

Why and why not?

1620

What Guys Said 20

• https://www.myanswerisno.com/images/home-book.jpg

Why? 🤔🤔

A lack of attraction with little to no sex may be bad enough, but many couples who are stuck in sexless partnerships oftentimes demonstrate little affection towards one another. There is usually little hand holding.

An individual who isn’t attracted might show a lack of respect for their partner. The partner who isn’t attracted will find a way to stay away. This could manifest in both physical and emotional distance.

When a partner feels trapped in an unhappy relationship they tend to consistently find things wrong with their partner. People who are stuck in a relationship lacking physical attraction will most likely have little to no sex.

The lack of attraction in a primary relationship oftentimes leaves an opening for a third party to enter. The initiator of an affair might be the mate who claims to have attraction but feels deprived by the other.

• No, it won't even truly start. There has to be something that draws your attention to that person.

• no it doesn´t work. attraction is litterally what keeps you gravitating to each other. if you don´t have that, you´ll just drift apart. of course i´m not only speaking of visuals... though thiat´s also important too.

• "Do you think a relationship will work without attraction?"

Yeah, it's called a friendship. Oh, you mean "more than just friends"... yeah, no.

• I had one 7 months relationship which was completely based on money, social status and business which had no attraction in it

• For me, no. I need to have SOME SORT of attraction. It doesn't take a model, but it does take a little bit of attraction. If I'm superficial, then so be it.

• Nope. If there's no attraction likely you don't like how the person is psychologically.

That said sexual tension can be average in the beginning, and get much better when you know more the person.

• I think there needs to be mutual attraction.

• No. Physical attraction is important. It's not everything but it is important

• No..

• Have have things in common an do things together but if u spend a lot time together might work out best wishes hope it works

• nope.. not possible! in order for a relationship to work there has to be some type of attraction either physical, mental or spiritual

• No..

• A romantic relationship - no.

• No. Why? Because it simply won't. It'll feel like a chore to one or both parties.

• Not gonna lie, I think if two people are unattracted to each other or one does not reciprocate attraction to another it probably won't work out

• If there is no attraction, how can there be a relationship in the first place?

• Nope... The has to be some form of attraction

• Yes it can work.

• Yes. As has been amply demonstrated throughout history.

What Girls Said 16

• I can't speak for other people, only for myself.

I need an initial physical attraction, but there also needs to be an emotional and mental connection or the relationship won't develop.

So a guys appearance initially attracts me, but it's his personality that I fall in love with

• That's attraction to his personality too it's the same thing.

• No.
    My bestfriend dated a nice guy who wasn't good looking but eventually she couldn't make it last because she wasn't attracted to him and couldn't imagine doing anything physical with him, So she broke up after 3months.

• Nope.
    You can love their personality all u want, but I believe there needs to be some sort of physical attraction. Just sort of leading them on, in my opinion.

• No. You need to be attracted to someone to enjoy kissing them.

• Buddy is you can have a relationship without attraction then you could start dating everyone as well.
    Of course attraction matters. It's one of the pillars of a healthy relationship.

• lol how could it work without attraction? that's the base of it

• If an person isn't attracted to another person then why are they really with them. Like I couldn't look in another guys face and not find them cute or not like their personality.

• no.. because that's how a relationship begins :/

• Nope. Either their personality or their looks have to attract you somehow. In some cases, you can have one without the other. But neither is out of the question

• It won't work

• Only if their personality wins you over and you fall in love with that. I has happened to me.

• NPPE. HELL NO.

• Yes it can work without attraction cuz you just need to believe in your heart weather or not that Person is right for u it is not about the body only it is also about what u talk about with the person

• But attraction includes liking someone for what there personality. What you just said is you can love somebody with out attraction as long as you are attracted to this part of them

• 7d

@N1ghts sorry I was thinking that attraction means for there body so my mistake

• no chance.

• Yeah it'll work if you want the guy to be your brother or the girl to be your sister lol.

• Yes. But you don't make ever girl & guy to your brother and sister. Some one may be your lover. O

• I don't really think so because then there will be no desire to want to touch each other and have sex... which is important in a serious relationship.

I think most people want someone whom they are attracted to and also connect to them in some way. good luck