Can you date someone who speaks a different language?

Consider that each of you can speak a little of the others language but not fluent

• Yes. We can just teach each other
  • No. Communication is key

1222

Most Helpful Girl

• You can speak different languages, but you need to have at least one language in common. Communication is incredibly important in getting to know someone, building trust, and sharing a life with them. I don't think I could even fall fully in love with someone without being able to speak with him.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It is true to have at least one language in common in order to fully express how we feel and communicate effectively and thoroughly.

• @Sylvesterstweets Yeah. If you can't talk at all, then you can't fully understand who the other person is.

• great opinion. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely, I don't understand why you couldn't. I think the notion of not being able to because 'communication' is important seems odd. Because I think it's fair to say 'talking' in a relationship is not the same as 'communicating'. You can speak the same language, share a lot of words, but never truly communicate. Communication involves sharing intimate details, experiences, secrets, etc... None of that is inhibited by a minor language barrier. If it's important any human can find a way to communicate to another.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE