What is with everyone wanting open relationships?

One time, a guy I was interested in suggested an open relationship--something I can't even stand. I immediately rejected him because I'm not accepting that label as an excuse for him to fuck around with other girls.

I know that guys my age don't want commitment and I get that. I want time for myself too and I don't want to overwhelmed by a relationship's demands all the time. Right now, I'd want to be in the type of relationship that is serious but isn't too serious.

Point is: I want something more than just a couple night stands but I don't want to scare away guys by giving that impression. But at college, everyone just wants to mess around. They think that the people who want serious relationships are lame but I'm just not in the mood for games, one night stands, and hurt feelings. Right now, I just don't see any guys who are worth dating anymore.

How do guys view girls who reject open relationships and want something more?

129

Most Helpful Guy

• I definitely want to get into a relationship. No such thing as a “casual” relationship. Either you’re all in or non at all. I’m so glad you dumped that man because it shows you have self respect, now what you like, and don’t want to associate with people who aren’t positive. People like him, other men and women, aren’t necessarily those with grade A morals and beliefs. I’m not religious, but you NEED to be a righteous and honest person. That’s how we evolve and that’s what makes us admire other people. It’s funny because I’m of the opinion that WOMEN your age don’t want anything serious. I wish I could meet you in person Prima Dana. I think we’d be a great couple LOL 😆😉

• Lol yeah I know what you mean! I also respect honesty. There were a few times in my life before that I didn't want anything too serious but once I got into something serious, (with another guy, not the one who just wanted an "open relationship") I got to experience how good it feels. Relationships aren't really that perfect but I think my first relationship was overall decent. Unfortunately it ended but oh well... there's nothing I can do about it and when another opportunity arises, I'll take it. I won't wanna rush though. I don't wanna sound proud but there are just a lot of guys at my college who aren't worth my time. They're either assholes or brick walls. Lmao I'm just very picky and an awesome personality is really important for me.

• 100% agree. You’re a young, smart, and beautiful woman, you’ll definitely meet a man sooner or later. Just focus on other things for now, he’ll come along LOL.

• Lol thanks!!! 🤗 i sure will focus on other stuff

Most Helpful Girl

• Because people don't wanna commit. Some people want the benefits without the drawbacks. I don't agree with it either.