What's your longest relationship and why did it end?

If still in it what makes it work so well?

831

Most Helpful Guy

• 17 years... married... Now separated. She drove me to deep depression and separated with me so we could work on ourselves as individuals... maybe go to couples counseling in a year.. we will see. I'm deeply hurt and feel trust is gone, now. Gonna take a helluva counselor to get me in a good place.

Most Helpful Girl

• A year and 10 months, and it's the relationship I'm currently in. My relationships before this have lasted for only six months.

What makes this relationship work so well? We just work together really well. We both appreciate time together, but need equal amounts of alone time. We are quite the opposites when it comes to personality and we complement each other. We have similar backgrounds, and thus understand each other's insecurities. We share values in life and are in the same place in our lives. We show love daily and we both know the other one is in this a 100%. In the previous relationships I didn't feel half as appreciated as I do now.

What Guys Said 30

• ahh 3 months, it ended because I couldn't find time for her because I was buisy, and it was at a stressful point, with tests and assignments, and she just didn't feel up to it. thats what I reckon anyway.

• I'm sorry to hear that

• its all good, that was months ago, and according to her then friends she used me, but really, I've gotten over it. why the question?

• I had a long distance relationship for about 1.5 years and I still dont know why it ended, she just stopped talking to me, didn't had "time" anymore to Skype and cancelled planned holidays.

I guess she just found someone else in her vicinity and didn't want to tell me.

• For a few months and it ended because it was long distance and we were dumb kids who didn't know what we were doing or how we'd go forward with our relationship. Like to think we were still friends, but as we lost contact shortly after, it's hard to say.

• 6 months because neither of us wanted to accept that we weren't meant for eachother and so I left her

• Three or four months. It ended because I found out she cheated and had been doing it for months.

Haven’t had a girlfriend in ages.

• because iy didn't even start

• 4 years... We separate in peace and because it seems so long were together we didn't really know what went wrong and were still a close friend

• 2 years. Found out she cheated on me because I had to cancel our vacation to visit my brother who had tried to kill himself

• 5 years... We chose different career paths. I took of into boarder security and she became a RCMP officer. We both got sent to different locations me in Toronto and her in Alberta

• 0.00000000000000000000000 seconds
    she wasn't my type

• 18 months. She went back to Japan.

• 14 years, and I ended it because it was suffering for both of us. She wanted to make me responsible for her happiness but refused to take any advice from me. It was a destructive relationship with lots of drama and blaming.

• That's the worse kind. Long time though. I'm sorry for you!

• You'll find someone else I'm sure keep your head up!

• U know I know it's true, but I don't want to hear it now 😥

• My longest one was 3 months. My ex girlfriend broke up and
    broke off our engagement cause she wanted to please her mother.

• 7 months lol and because of levels of maturity on both parts

• 14 years, and we both got tired of each other.

We are now closer then when we where dating.

• Longest relationship was 3 years and it ended because we didn't understand each other anymore.

• 14 years. It works well because I know her secrets, she knows mine, and being friends with someone first sometimes works out.

• 5ys, ended when she decided to cheat on me :(

• 6 years total and was married to her she was my high school sweet heart. She cheated...

• I was in a relationship for 3 years and then she dumped me. It's been 3 years since our breakup and I'm still thinking about all the possible reasons for the breakup! She didn't even tell me the reason

• 17 years. She passed away. It works best when you have both love and friendship.

• 2 months, she had a boyfriend who got he pregnant before me

• 6 months, i realised she used and she said that i was too busy with my future.

• 6 months (gay relationship) I go to a military school and he had to move to England.

• Two years and she cheated on me with my old best friend...

• 11 years and still ongoing.

• Satisfaction is needed from is needed from time to time, like you daily eat food 3-4 time fore energy the in same way the man some time need physiological and sexual satisfaction to release his stress.
    That's my opinion

• 3 years, the bitch cheated on me. Love lasts 3 years?

• i didn't have any relationship, but crushed on a girl i know since past 11years of my life

• 23 years old never had a girlfriend, I do not know lol

• Why do you think that is

• Well you just haven't met the right person but you will one day and that's ok. You'd rather wait and be sure than make a huge mistake with someone.

• Yea that too of course but I think that everybody feels that way too! But yea I don’t mind either tbh if it happens it happens but I’m not gonna be sad if it doesn’t, I’m petty much occupied with time and you get used to being alone, I think that what I’m most worried about, since I’m so used to doing thinks individually that If I ever do get in a relationship, it won’t last long because one, I have never had a girlfriend before and 2 what I mentioned above about being used to doing things individually.

What Girls Said 7

• 4 years, still in it.

And it works because we are determined for it to work. Not always easy, haha

• Almost three years by now and still going on.
    Why it works well? We come along pretty well, we only had just one single fight in these years. Otherwise we just discuss and come to a conclusion without fighting. We have the same friends (we already used to be friends before the relationship) and usually go out with them together.
    Similar interests, like we love almost the same videogames, lots of movies/series etc and the same sense of humour ! :D And we are both lazy couch potatoes so thats quite fine too haha

• 3 years.
    Still together.

• 1 year. I was so under pressure and wanted to end the relationship after a half year...

• Same for me not under pressure but didn't want to leave And needed to

• 2 and a half years it ended because of me

• 10 years and it still lasts :) loyalty, trust, considaration and lot of patience 😅

• 15+ years (on and off) this time around about 4 years. I met him in high school.
    The reasons it's on and off is because it's long distance, he was two years ahead of me and went to college out of state while I was still in high school.
    I've only ever broken up with him because long distance is extremely difficult, especially when you're younger.
    We keep coming back together because we know we're each others "the one" and because we're each others best friend.
    I'm the type of person that loses interest in a guy very easily. He's the only guy that can hold my interest and drive me crazy after all this time.
    We talk about EVERYTHING. There aren't any secrets between us about ANYTHING.

Bottom line is I think we work because he's my best friend and I'm his. We communicate about everything. There is not a moment of second guessing or doubt when I'm with him or needing to talk to him about anything.