Is it harder for a guy or a girl to be rejected?

I know everyone is different but generally speaking i think its harder for girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think for a girl it's harder, simply because they're not used to rejection, while guys deal with it constantly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Women wear their heart on their sleeve most of the time, more so than guys, but rejection sucks no matter what sex you are.

What Guys Said 21

• Guys. They tend to take it very, very personally.

• Honestly? Its gotta be guys. Why else would most of us be too gutless to even ask girls out?

• Someone with low self esteem or guys.

Women get more attention than guys, they can filter what they want.

Guys need to make a move each time.

• Lol, guy, no contest. If a guy rudely rejects a girl in public, he's the dick of the century. If a girl rudely rejects a guy, the whole school can embody a chorus of laughter, as it was "the funniest thing to happen in awhile"

• In my experience women take it harder. Men expect 99% of women to reflect while society teaches women to all think they some sort of prize.

• It probably is harder for girls... Or what people see of the rejection. Guys get rejected we play it off however after only one rejection qe always expect rejection. Over time with each rejection it destroys what little condidence that is left. This in itself makes some guys never ask anyone else out. Girl dont deal with as much rejection as guys do. Just because we get back up doesn't mean it doesn't hurt us.

• Much harder for girl. Human mating behaviors and social moors universally dictate the male to be the pursuer, and the female to be the judge of her suitor. Thus, it almost always falls to the female to be the one who has the task of accepting or rejecting the male pursuer. Because if men don't like what they see, they just won't approach in the first place.

• ** But if you're asking instead about which sex suffers the process of rejection more intensely, I would say men. Again, it is the males who are putting themselves out there more often when dating, and it is the males who are placed in the position of hoping they have sufficiently demonstrated their value as a mate to a potential partner. Once you've been rejected often enough as a male, you will eventually give up on dating altogether and come to believe your value as a mate is insufficient in the eyes of the opposite sex. For men, rejection can become crippling. Females can be rejected by a man and never really have enough time for it to set in and poison their self esteem the way men do because, as a woman, there will always be another guy who comes along sooner or later to reinflate their personal value and self esteem. Men don't have that luxury. Frequent rejection by females always carries the possibility of paralyzing a man's desire to even continue seeking a mate.

• When looking at it from a psychology stand point believe it or not, the female gender is more prone to take rejection a bit harder. This is why men are typically the ones to be expected to initiate when asking women out or making the first move (but not in all cases obviously).

• Girls. Most guys can take it, almost every girl I have seen explodes.

• I thinks it's harder for the girls cuz guys always get rejected

• Girls. Guys don't give a fuck. At least not me. I know I'm worthless lol

• I disagree. I would say that guys tend to be more gentle to let you down whereas girls will just blatantly shunt you.

• For guys. Girls don't have to do anything near that guys have to to get another chance.

• Depends on the person. It's not gender specific.

• As a man, i can say easily that its very easy to get rejected.

• wait, you meant harder on, not harder to be?

• harder on. I mean Im not putting anybody down but i think for girls is a bit harder. Girls are used to being chased and 'wanted' so they reject guys more but if its a girl that is rejected it hurts more?

• for girls... because most of them are too soft, but some guys are too. girls more than guys

• There are guys too who struggle if got rejected I guess it depends on the person

• @Maria1980 girls are soft by nature. not all but most of them, boys are tough by nature.

• Women.

• Harder for a guy. You women have it easy in dating.

• Not always though. Thats why it may be harder for girls when they get rejected bc they are the ones who society sees as the ones who reject and not to be rejected? I don't know

• You are old. Get over it.

• @BoyIfYouDont666 Try trolling better.

• I don't know who it's harder for, but it sure as hell happens a lot more to guys. In fact it kinda makes me laugh to hear a girl say it's hard. Really?
    You don't know rejection.

• If you’re a good looking girl nobody will it’s that ez

• Definitely girls. I say that because most of her self worth is in her looks. But for guys it could be more than just looks.

What Girls Said 11

• I'd say girls since guys are more likely to make the first move and as a result, are more used to rejection.

• I guess it depends on the person. For someone with a low self esteem it's harder.

• Girl, as guys tend to ask out boys/girls they think are hot, while girls tend to ask out boys/girls they have an emotional connection with or someone who's personality they are attracted to.

• Yes. Girls cuz most of them might get depressed/having a complete meltdown while MOST guys are just cool with it

• I think It's harder for guys.

• Depends for me I like women so there lot of trial and error to meet her especially here in Greece. I also consider cheating a form of rejection.

• I think it depends on the person. Some guys are more sensitive than girls, but many girls are sensitive too. It also depends on the persons past.

• i think its harder for a girl to get rejected because im one myself and I've got turned down lots of times. with boys they dont really care.

• It's hard for anyone. But it impacts girls more because they're less used to dealing with rejection than guys are.

• Women definitely

• i think guys