How long do you need after a breakup to be ready for dating/relationships?

Does it depends on who of you two ended the relationship?

• I'm ready straight away. Its better to distract yourself anyway.
    15%(4)22%(23)Vote25%(19)
  • If I'd get a chance, I'd take it. But it takes me quite some time to be able to fall for someone again.
    23%(6)24%(25)Vote25%(19)
  • I wait till I'm completely over the breakup. Everything else would be unfair towards the (potential) partner.
    35%(9)35%(36)Vote35%(27)
  • Something else (explain yourself)
    27%(7)19%(19)Vote15%(12)

Most Helpful Guy

• It all depends on you. There's no rule. But my personal opinion is a couple of months to a year. I don't think it's good or healthy tp hop from relationship. Rebound relationships usually fail and any hurt feelings that they potentially "fix" from the previous relationship is only temporary and doesn't get to the root of the problem, which is the person

Most Helpful Girl

• When you are content with yourself and your life, you are ready. If you want a relationship just so you don't have to be alone, then you are not.
    I think the most fulfilling relationships are between people who are not settling for each other, or looking for someone else to complete them, or fill a void in their life.

What Guys Said 27

• There is no set amount of time that is right before you start dating again. If you go through a bad break up, give yourself some time so you don't let it affect your next relationship. Also you don't want to wait too long, getting back into dating can help ease getting over an ex.

• I voted B... I'd say 2 weeks or so. But if I'd meet someone and feel a click I'd try to just be in touch.
    Wasting such chance could make one feel sorry afterwards :o

• I find it real hard to get in a relationship, I’m alternative and the social circles I hang out in have hardly any women present, for example if you got to a metal gig men outnumber women 300 to 1, so naturally they’re going to be more picky about who they would choose to date out of the crowd as they have so much choice.

• Dated a girl for 1.5 year, I fall madly in love with her.. and out of the blue.. she wanted to break up.. mid holiday abroad.. we decided to stay bit after we got back in our home country we both took a train home and I never saw her again.. that took me ages to get over.. as in I'm probably still not 100% And it's been 2 years😲

• You will never stop loving her, find a different love. There are pleanty of woman in the world. Find another you enjoy spending time with, and spend time

• I know.. plenty of fish and all that.. but this was special I have been dating.. but it all sank like titanic..

• Yea life's a bitch, then you die. All I can suggest is use your energy to making yourself better. Exercise, read and work. Follow this routine and the rest will follow.

• I only had 1 girlfriend. It was a 5 year relationship.

Never thought about getting in a relatioship (I'm 21). Now I have time for goals, making money and myself. Oh and my sex life is still active, so... lucky me I guess.

I feel like there's no specific time, you just let it flow, and the day will come.

• Given that my last relationship never actually felt like one, I reactivated my OkCupid account right after the phone call during which we broke up.

• An Eternity probably, i am the kind of guy , who mates for life...

• I think it depends on who's doing the breakup. And how in love the other person is. (EXAMPLE) If I'm in love with my girl and she's been cheating on me the whole time and I never knew, if she was to break it off with me, if be crushed for a while... While her on the other hand will bounce right into the next relationship...

• It depends on the situation and each situation is different. But I guess aslong as I like a person I will give it a shot. I wouldn't have broken up with someone if I believed it would work out. And if they broke up with me and someone else was on my mind that means my ex wasn't the 1st thing on my mind. But who knows how reality plays out.

• I meant like if a girl approaches you shortly (or just weeks or moths) after your breakup. Not that you had her in your backhand before that.

• I wasn't refering to a girl being the reason for the breakup. But in both cases it would be the same. If I like her I should give it a shot. If I was still dating I would find it disrespectfull for my girlfriend seeing I would be liking someone else. But I don't like jumping from one to another. That seems hurtful so I don't know

• I see :)

• I move on love numbs the pain

• Half the relationship up to a maximum of a year.

• Everyone is different I'd give your self some time , intil u meet someone u like an take it slowly an things be a lot easier

• There’s no magic number here. You take as long as you need. This is one of those “know yourself” situations. If you’re still mulling over the breakup and thinking about the ex every hour of everyday, you’re not ready to move on.

• When you see at the pole options, I wasn't asking for the actual duration, but if you wait till you are completely other it or not. :) That the duration of lovesickness itself strongly difers from person to person (and also from relationship to relationship) is quite obvious, but if you wait or not is a personal choice.

• Yes, unfortunately can't pick the right pole option. It differs from situation-relation.😉 Just My Opinion.

• like 1 sec

• I had a girlfriend and we dated for 6 months I found out she cheated and it took me 3 months to get over it one year later and I'm still single because "the bad stories" she spread about me

• As soon as your ready, why cheat yourself to be miserable when life is for the living, one thing we all have to learn how to do is love and let love go, immediately

• I think it just depends on the person. I wait until I'm over the person, but that doesn't always mean weeks or months. Sometimes it's only a couple days. There's no "one size fits all," for something like that.

• Its really up to you if your the one who broke up first the I say move on that's what you wanted but if someone broke up with you I would talk to a lot of people to get your mind off it

• How long do I need? You know those three minute egg timers? One of those

• it depends on how much u love & howz ur relationship.. if there is a serious relationship then it takes time..& if not a serious relationship then on anyday ;)

• If she is good person why not give her a chance?

• There is no set time. It happens when it happens.

• 7 years

• Is it a bad thing that I can't get emotionally connected in my relationship for long

• 5 minutes

• Depends on length of relationship, and how bad the breakup affects me.

• Always have redefined rebound 😉 why wouldn't I want fingers rubbed threw my head , back rubbed , almost every time I forget what a x is.. 🤓

What Girls Said 1

• I start flirting around and get more playful, It doesn't matter who ended the relationship, I am confident enough to know it doesn't measure my value and worthiness.
    Even though that I get flirty after ending things with my lover, I can't enagage with someone emotionally. I took 4 years break after the last time I loved. Because I wanted to make things clear with myself and break the pattern I used to have.