Guys do you think most women give useful dating advice for men?

I know there's this thought process among certain guys that most women don't truly know what they like in a guy and thus getting dating advice from them is useless.

Are you one of these guys?

• Yes I do think most women give useful dating advice for guys
  • No I don't think most do
  • See results (for girls)
    Vote C

424

Most Helpful Girl

• Some women do, some women don't. It depends on the individual woman offering the advice, and how well she knows the woman who the man wants advice for (if she even does). There is both good and bad advice out there. The best advice is usually broad and general, because every person wants slightly different things. It's a common stereotype that women don't know what they want, but that is in fact a human affliction, not an exclusively female one.

Most Helpful Guy

• Great example: A male friend of mine put up a dating profile. Everything in it was advice from a woman. He got no responses.. nadda nothing. He stated he was a nice guy looking for a nice girl blah blah blah. I told him to change one thing on his profile and it was that subject line. He changed it to "I am kind of an asshole" and low and behold he started to get messages from women whose profile stated they were looking for a nice guy. So there you go. Most say one thing but in reality they want the opposite. Unless she is a dating coach and I know many good female coaches.. don't take advice from a woman. Just my opinion here of course.

• Well, from my experiences guys, who "admit" that they would be assholes are in reality less of an asshole than a self-called "nice guy". So that response from girls doesn't surprise me.

• @Belorum I've never considered calling oneself an asshole or jerk to be the usual sort of modesty, self-deprecation, or humbleness. But maybe some people use it that way.

• Usually "assholes" are nice to people who have there fancy, but if not there pretty bad. Had a girl in HS who insisted her boyfriend was an angel, yet he drove another kid to commit suicide bc of his bullying. Point is woman like it when there treated diffrently by someone there attracted to :o and that attraction makes them think that said person does no wrong, although that can fit many similar settings.
      Another example is a few older movies
      Boys sister dates a guy she thinks is the nicest coolest guy but guy bullies her brother and friends and she thinks there just having fun

What Girls Said 3

• I know that I personally always specify whenever I answer rouse questions, rney I'm just me, and every other woman is different. Then I try to give them answer that is most common for the majority if women.

• I think we do seeing as we're girls we'll tell them what we like and don't like. A guy in the same rut as them wouldn't help shit lol.

• Yes, I think I do in anyway

What Guys Said 23

• Everything I’ve done in the past has worked and coincidentally enough, it’s also what a lot of women have told me to do and what they’ve actually wanted 😅. I think women know what they want, as well as men. I believe the whole “women don’t know what they want” fiasco is hardly supported by facts or anything truthful in my experience. All I’ve done is go up to a woman, smile, and start a small simple conversation where I end with me asking for her number so that we can hangout sometime. That’s all I’ve ever done with every woman I’ve approached. All women say that’s how they want to be approached as well, go figure.

• Yeah, I think women typically give lousy advice. Its either because they are unaware of what they like or they are just giving advice from the perspective of what is most beneficial for women.

This is especially true if you want advice on how to become the type of guy that women want to hookup no strings attached rather than the guy who pays for dates, commits, and waits for sex.

• Quite hit and miss. They tend to tell you what THEY want in a man (a man who isn’t you). It’s also very different from woman to woman, so you end up going nowhere.

Dating advice in general is sketchy because girls have decided the moment they see you whether they will even give you a chance to try whatever advice you have been given.

• No offense to women but no they don't. The difference in dating experience and requirements for men and women is like comparing walking through a park in the centre of town and walking through the national wildlife reserve with sandals.

• No. The "Do's and Don'ts" are too similar to be helpful. Be confident, don't be arrogant. Make the first move, don't be presumptuous. Be thoughtful, don't be creepy. Be respectful, don't be timid. Be chivalrous, don't be sexist. Compliment her appearance, don't judge her appearance. Be nice, don't be boring.

• Well, I agree that women don't know the point of view of a guy. But still, you can get their ideas on what women think of the guys who are approaching them. But they (majority) just don't know to advise us how we should act. We need to adjust or create the way we approach by knowing how would they (girls) react to different kind of approaches. That's at least the idea I guess.

But there's one more thing, every woman is different, every man is different. So you can't predict or define how one would act based on how another would act.

What that adviser girl said could be true, for her. But not for another girl.

• Women give terrible dating advice. They always give you advice to get you automatically friend zoned.

• Tested and no. Several times actually.
    And I like these 7 guys, who are girls. :-D
    And girls who thinks, that they give good advice.
    The problem with this, is you are giving them from your perspective (and time and what you think you want). But this is not universal.

• Most of my friends are women and I find that they tend to give very sound advice. I highly depends on the woman in question and the strength of your bond between you and your lady friend.
    Overall: Generally sound advice, take it with a grain of salt.

• Edit: '[It] highly depends on the woman in question..."
      Sorry typo...

• Not at all, because they will give you their personal wants. In reality the best people to ask are men who are good at getting women.

• Usually advice is from there own tastes and likes instead of general use ie

Be your self
    Be kind
    Be compassionate
    Be funny
    Talk to her

Although nowadays its
    Dress better with the body of Heracles, and have a sweet tongue

• Really like your questions - For me depends on the individual, some may have a clearer insight - I am not sure any group or gender would be any better or any worse at this

• Women will give advice on the fact the man you are and how women talk behind your back.
    I always say to women, if you want to attack a man ask a man how to dress to attract men.
    Every sex has tricks for quick sex, but if you want a good woman that gives you all that you want. Ask out the ugly best friend giving you the advice, because she may be the right person for you.

• Their advice meant to be direct from word to action is not great usually, but if you get enough responses you can get a insight into how they think and form useful conclusions.

• I usually go to women for advice on dating but it only depends
    on who the women are. My female relatives i don't take their advice
    but any other lady i would take her advice on dating.

• No, advice from women is worse than useless. Get your dating advice from a man you know is successful with girls.

• Absolutely not. They have no idea how it works or what they want, lol.

• Women will give you advice on what would work for them, but it'd be silly to think all women go for/want the same thing. So, no, I think it's fine to get opinions from multiple women and guys who have had good sucess on dating sites, never just one person.

• HAha hell no they don't. Meanwhile us guys are like an open book for them.

• Yeah

• No I don't think so.

• Nope hardly any

• Why not?

• They verry secritive about what to teach a guy plus virls always whant a guy to figure out what she whants none. Which i think its not fair how could we fuguer it out. Without words

• Women are never useful. Except cooking. They are good at that.