Have you ever been on a date you thought went really well but then they ghosted you?

Have you ever been on a date you thought went really well then ghosted you?

1416

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had it happen to it and I've done it I suppose. We had a great date, but I met someone else. Rather than call the girl to tell her that, I just didn't keep up our conversation. In retrospect, I suppose it would be good or given peace of mind. I certainly didn't do it to avoid a conversation or meant to be rude. I think with society it has become a common part of our culture.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes...
    Its funny because last day we met He told me we will meet many times have fun etc and he just dissapeared...

that's how he dissapeared my last message with him
    I messaged him a 'good morning ' he texted me back saying ' hey ' I messaged him again 'hru any plan for tonight' he read my message and ghosted me even till today it's been like 3 months haha
    I don't know why he did it. Sometimes I think I know maybe because I'm too shy and awkward and he couldn't stand it either way it's his loss!

Don't worry if you are being ghosted you don't need a loser in your life 💕

What Guys Said 15

• About five times.

• thats a lot.
      what happened on those times?

• yeah i mean't like if you could give specific examples like the other people did.
      but if you can't be bothered to type it or can't remember thats fine also.

• I guess I can only conclude that they didn't like the date as much as I did. Since I never heard from them again, I never got any specific reasons.

• Yep. ghosting itself doesn't get to me all that much, I admit I've done it. The one time that really sucked was when it was a good friend. Known her a few years, asked her out and went out a few times, then dropped off the face of the Earth.

• Nope, but I've had solid conversations that lead to a girl flaking. But she flaked on her own life so I really didn't take it personally. The type of girl who would be lately and you could expect her to be late. That didn't last at all lol.

• Yeah. Sometimes people just have second thoughts later on about an issue that came up.

• any examples of what you think the second thoughts might be?

• has that ever happened with you? like had second thoughts after a date you enjoyed?

• Yup. The last girl I went on a date with. I almost didn't meet her at all because of some differences I saw just from texting, but I decided to give her a chance anyway, and after a few dates we knew it just wouldn't work out, even though we had grrat chemistry and a lot in common.

• Lol ouch, but yeah, been there

• Nah, never.

• Eeyup.

• Yeah, twice

• Haven't got enough dates yep in my life for that to happen.

• Not yet

• I ghosted her she was boring and the type of girl you had to handle.

• I did the ghosting- cause politics

• No i dont been on date

• Yeah. It happens. Sometimes they just didn't enjoy it as much as you did.

• I myself ghosted her coz she was super religious..

What Girls Said 13

• Not really. If they ghost then I kinda assume that something happened on the date that I missed. It's not a big deal though, I mean after just one date I'm never really invested in the person yet

• Once, when I tried Tinder.

• Can you tell me what happened?

• @Kellibarbie wow thats terrible.

• Yea i know chick

• Been on a date that wasn't that great and he cut our date short because he "had" to go to the gym... never heard from him again and I didn't even try getting in contact.. for the better! Ghosting is sadly too common nowadays though, it would definitely be upsetting if things were going really well!

• Sadly yes lol

• what happened on the date and after?

• It is strange, yes! And I agree! I really wish people would communicate and explain to you why they don't want to speak to you anymore instead of just ghosting you and leaving you clueless. Especially after a date.. Lol

• I agree.
      I'd 100% them be honest and say they weren't really into me rather than blag me and then never hear from them again this sort of behavior drives people nuts lol.

• Yea, it happened quite often.

• Yes several times

• what happened?

• 1st. I had a boyfriend for a few months. We were really good with each other. And then suddenly nothing. Just stopped texting me back. And couldn't find him in our usual hangout spots

Basically the same but with other guys. It hurts every time. Now I just don't open my heart to guys anymore

• so did you guys use to meet up at certain places or something when you say hangout spots?

and yeah ghosting is just cruel people need to start being more honest and upfront about things.

• 🙈🙈 so many lol i think it was the way i "over" dressed or i was too blonde lol

• Never, but I've done the opposite.

• Yeah recently

• Yes... :(

• no never happaned to me

• Yes! And to this day, many many many years later, I still wonder what happened. Ah well. His lose right?

• Yeah. He later sent me a message saying that "he found someone he better clicked with" and i said "cool good luck i wish you happiness" later to find out that he was still on online dating website, and a coward to accept he didn't like me not being religious (I assume cuz he added in his profile that he strictly looks for religious people - catholics), so he lied. LOL.