He doesn't text back after we had sex. Should I do something or no?

Had sex with this guy I recently met for the first time and everything went great, I slept over and he cuddled me really tightly throughout the whole night. We have talked about the future and he said that he wants to go on a road trip with and invited me to a trip to San Diego with his best friends next month.

I told him that he better not ghost me after we had sex and then he got mad and asked why I didn't trust him. Later that day, we briefly texted and he then suddenly stopped replying. Should I do something or just leave it as it is?

1134

Most Helpful Guy

• It always comes down to self worth and feeling like we're enough. Stop worrying about others and fix any issues that stop you from fully loving yourself. If you have full love for self, you would not have asked him to not ghost you. This would have been because it doesn't matter what others do because you feel good about yourself. And feeling good about self is what we seek. Don't give others the power and responsibility to decide your self worth. You make this decision. And you have no choice in it. You either decide for yourself or let others do it for you... Also men, and speaking for myself in particular, do like it when a woman can't just enjoy the experience we shared, only for itself. Like as soon as you said don't ghost me you basically said this was not enough. It also implies that it wasn't a mutual exchange, and that he now has to do something to even things out. And finally it also means that you're talking away his decision. By telling him to do something, you took some power and initiative from him. He wants to decide whether or not to continue the relationship. When he does decide to contact you, he will feel that it was more of your decision and idea to do so, rather than feeling merit for it being his idea.

• I regret saying that now... What do you suggest that I should do at this moment? Should I call him to apologize?

• Just text him, "how's it going?" If he responds great, if he doesn't, I promise you there are plenty of other men out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• I say leave it as it is and if he take more then 2 days then just let it be.
    With guys is 2 things
    *it was all ways a 1 night thing for him and he did everything to make you feel safe and wanted so you will feel safe giving in to him..
    *he have to figure out if he actually want a relationship guys sometimes need a couple of days to think it over..
    So my best advice is give it a couple of days of silence then see what happen..

What Guys Said 33

• The bastard. Call his mom and ask her of she knows why her son won't reply. Then have tea and cookies with his mom and plan your wedding.

• He loses points for being insecure... because I think he is. If you want to keep him you'll have to let this one know you really want him.

• Wait a while, maybe a week from your last rext. Then text again, if he doesn't answer then it is all said and done.

Also, never ever go on a trip with people you dont know personally.

As for the sex, if he just wanted to have sleep with you... while it isn't ideal that u had sex and he left, just look at it this way... you look good enough to get a guy goin.
    And no it is not true that guys will f%ck anyone, some girls just make a guy want to go the other way.

All in all, good luck, worst case... it was just sex, & in that case i hope it was at least good.

• He got what he wanted. Mission accomplished

• He sounds like a dumba**. I'd have just agreed not to ghost you and eagerly contacted you again the next day.

• You are self sabotaging yourself! He is likely excited and as anxious with anticipation as well and most men employ a tactic to conceal there vulnerabilities as much as possible, for as long as possible. He probably doesn't want to appear over anxious. Find a healthy distraction and let it come to you. Don't force it. History has never been kind to anyone that rushed anything worthwhile.

• Sounds like he was insulted by the comment. Text him find out if everything is ok. If it is, he'll reply. If no reply. You'll know.

• How long ago was his last reply?

• Move on consider it a nice time and a learning experience. When you said don't ghost me that sends off many red flags to a guy

• Just move on unless he texts back

• I will wait a couple of days, so he has time to realise his preferences, and then text him again.

• U were a cat call, deal with it.

• I think that you might have been a little harsh telling him not to ghost you. At this stage, he is trying to see if he has you or not. He is playing "will she reach out to me" game. Leave it as is. Let him message you. It is very important to understand that dating is a GAME. It is a power play. That's the cold-hearted truth.

• Try meeting him in person. Hear his side of the story and then decide what to do next.

• Wait a week and text him again. If he doesn’t reply he probably used you for sex or he lost interest. Sorry if you’re hurt. 🙁

• He knows you're a slut now so its not like he's going to respect you

• Wow dick...

• @jimyee, I fucking love you and appreciate you for your defence. I wish there's more open-minded and reasonable people like you in this world. Bravo 👏👏👏

• @jimyee LOL she said "Had sex with this guy I recently met for the first time".
      That means she met him for the first time, then the second time she saw him, she had sex with him. There's a CHRONOLOGY there if PAY ATTN. Ding dong.

• Just leave it. If this continues for a significant period of time then I might be concerned.

• Give. it. time

• Probably you should talk to him.

• Yeah, any guy that doesn't acknowledge you at every chance or corner he can is an obvious selfish person where on the other hand I would be contacting you constantly if you were interested enough to even have sex with me. But I'm just being me.

• Did you make him a sandwich and fold his laundry?

• Wot u text in bed

• Yeah... dont screw him again

• Keep your pants on people are so fake now a day. If it was just $€x then no harm

• Don't do anything
    He will come back to you and if not this is his lost

• May. be. only. one. time
    It's
    Up
    To. you

• Leave it

• If u like him then yes, but not at the expense of your dignity..

• Fuck and disappear😂 great idea👏👏

• I wonder who came up with this revolutionary idea 😂

• Have sex with me. I won't ghost you

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 10

• I guess he got what he wanted. Well hope u too had fun tht moment. Now maybe he's not interested any further...
    don't get misleaded by the cuddle.. It happens during one night stand also coz then u feel all the emotions out n you might feel connected to the person.
    . If u still wanna try talking to him, you can text him casually saying 'hi' . If he replies well n fine n if not u get the answer.

• You messed up. You goofed. You shouldn't have had sex with him. That is what happens, they lose respect for women that give it up before marriage. Sorry, but that's just life.

Okay, but look.. just because you messed up once, doesn't mean you have keep repeating your mistake over and over. You don't have to sleep with any and every guy that gives you attention.

You have control (ideally) over your own desires, impulses and feelings it's up to you to decide whether you want to be a sexual object or a lady. You don't need to sleep with guys because people say they'll "find another girl that will". You never want to do that.

I feel like women have been taking bad advice ever since feminism and the "sexual revolution". It's not a coincidence that women are more depressed now than they were int he 1950's (statistically).

• I don't know why you felt the need to flat out tell him he better not ghost you. I don't know how long you guys already knew each other but your honesty is interesting. I know I wouldn't say such stuff to a guy. I'm not judging though. Everyone's different.

He sounds like an ass. Fuckboy perhaps. You're better off without this ghosting dickhead. Shit happens. Sorry to hear that.

• In my experience, I've left it alone and he came back on his own when he wanted to talk.

I apologized for what I said (which was similar to the ghost statement) and he ignored it. I just didn't wanna keep contacting him so I left it alone. I guess when he was able to express how he was feeling he came back..

Things didn't rlly work out w that guy by the way. He was a little too unexpressive with his emotions and hard to read.

• I wouldn't do anything. how long ago was it that you had sex and last spoke/texted?

• You were an easy lay... Accept it and move on. We've all been there

• He was just using you to get what he need he’s a player.

• He only wanted to use you for sex :/ I'm sorry :/ This has happened to me too.

• Don't do anything

• Yeah you probably had sex way way way too soon and now he lost motivation to actually court you and is already losing interest. Give him a day or 2 and then tell him that you are going to assume he just wanted sex from you.