Met a guy through online dating ... what to do next?

Anonymous
OK, so met a guy through online dating. We have exchanged messages on the site almost daily for last 4/5 weeks.

He gave me his personal email address, and again we started to send each other email off site.

He then gave me his number and I gave him mine. As he'd initiated the contact I said I'd give him a call. We agreed a day to call, I did, he didn't answer. He emailed me the next day to apologize as he was working late until like 2am (he is a workaholic so I believe him). I messaged back the next day to say no problem, just call me back when you have time, I appreciate your really busy this week, there is no rush.

He messaged me back the next day and said super, I'll definately give you a call tonight then. I picked up his email quite late that day, and just replied back a two liner acknowledging something else he'd said in his email, and that calling would be cool, speak later. Well he did not call me, and did not email the next day to apologize.

I emailed him the next day to say hey, and just not to worry again as I know he's working late everyday this week, and that we could give each other a call over the weekend instead. He never replied to me.

Well now I'm not sure what to think. Should I call him if he doesn't call? Did I come on too strong / make myself too available? Have I given him leeway to act like this given my previous emails saying don't worry, its OK, and should I now say hey its not OK to keep doing this?

This is really tricky one. I find it hard to believe he has just suddenly lost interest, I mean why would he be so enthusiastic about calling, then literally drop out of contact within 8 hours? It doesn't make any sense. He is the one that has been really pursuing me. Maybe he's unsure about continuing contact ... ? Any ideas anyone?

2
2