What is the most hypocritical thing about the opposite gender?

Of course, this is just based on your own personal experiences and isn't applicable to every single member of that gender. But from your personal observation and experience, what's something hypocritical that the opposite gender tends to do, say, expect, or think?

2973

What Guys Said 73

• cries of double standards, "stop body/fat shaming me" followed immediately by, "I don't date any one under six feet tall". The whole its standards when a woman has a preference its sexist beauty standards when men have prefferences. Also the claim that men get hi-fived when they have sex with a woman which to date I have never witnessed happening, then claiming they get slut shamed BUT they demonize male sexuality at every turn (we have to be taught how not to rape) but they are just exploring their sexuality. They say we can't slut shame them then call men who sleep around players/fuckboys/philanderers etc. No, either your fine with it or your not, pick one. Personally I think women get strange ideas in their head about this, they demand that women get the same leeway as women give men, no just hold men to the same standards don't complain because you want a guy who isn't a virgin but he wants a woman who is, that's your fault not his hold him to the same standard and the problem is solved (same goes for guys, don't complain that she is a slut but be a slut yourself).

• Agreed my man

• 7d

@Cmasterson the standard is placed by the man on the woman and the woman places the standard on the man. If the man stated that he should be allowed to sleep with as many women as possible and the woman cannot then that's a double standard. However what is happening is that men don't want a woman who has slept around BUT women don't want a virgin man so the man by necessity has to at least get sex once before women will even consider him as possible relationship material. She placed the standard on him, not the other way around, hence me saying that if women don't think its fair stop placing that standard on men, they want a virgin then you tell them you want a virgin, then the problem is solved. Its not a double standard if its not the same person placing the standard, if its just one person placing a standard on a prospective mate then its preference. As I said it needs to be him saying its okay for him to slut it up but not for women for it to be a double standard and you don't

• 7d

@Cmasterson get that as much as women demanding that the man not be a virgin and the man demanding that the woman have as few as possible partners. Not to say men don't, I even mentioned it, if a man doesn't want a woman to be a slut then don't be a slut yourself, problem solved (the inverse of what I said women need to do).

• I don't like that these shows like The Talk and The View talk about the bad shit that men do to women, which should definitely be addressed, but ignore the things women do to men. If a man beats, rapes, kills, or does some messed up shit to a woman, they have no problem jumping on men, as they should. But then when (true story) some woman gets her husband drunk and drugged up and slices his penis off and puts in the garbage disposal, they are laughing at the situation. And they never address that there are some women (I've heard this sort of story happen more than a few times) who will cheat on their husbands, never tell him, get pregnant with another man's child, tells her husband it's his kid, gives birth, his name is on the birth certificate, then the husband gets a weird hunch and says "I don't think that kid looks like me", he gets a DNA testing kit, swabs himself and his kid, sends it to The Kid Might Not Be Yours Labs, and finds out it isn't his. When he finds out it's not his, he doesn't want to pay for the kid, but because the woman lied about the affair and the kid being his, he is the legal father because his name is on the birth certificate, so he has to pay child support or go to jail. I've already heard this story more than once, and one guy was arrested because he didn't want to pay for the kid. But The View and The Talk don't address this. Dr Phil doesn't address this. Oprah doesn't address this. But they have no problem addressing asshole men treating women poorly. By the way, what's the point of constantly talking about the beating and mistreatment of women? Do you think a women beating rapist is going to watch these things and go "oh... I guess I shouldn't be that way anymore"? Obviously we should create awareness, but someone who wants to be a piece of shit isn't going to have a change in heart because some talk show lady is crying saying "don't do that."

• Women are better victims

• 7d

I love that females are down voting this. It just shows that when shit happens to a guy, it's either funny, or he deserved it. I didn't say all women act like this. All I said was that no one focuses on the things that happens to men. So down voting what I said just helps shows that men dealing with things like this isn't a big deal.

• Girls want to be feminists and talk about how guys are being targeted by toxic masculinity then turn right around and call us softboys or babies or whipped or gay when we stop being alpha males for a second. I think toxic masculinity is real but I’m a bit sick of getting insulted for actually challenging that ideology.

• In a relationship, they think their feelings are more valid than ours, simply because they're the girl. They think things are ultimately supposed to go their way, and don't seem to even realize they're doing it. And at the same time they say, "respect my feelings please."

• Women want male attention, then call it harassment Lmao...

Whyyyyyyy do you do it? πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ

• Lol, ok, that may be kind of true 😁😁😁

• When women complain about there not being enough decent men, but then they will reject the nice guy and go with the asshole.

• I guess the closest thing women do to hypocrisy is they complain about, "where have all the nice guys gone" but they never give nice guys a chance. That's coming from personal experience. Throughout middle school and up till my third year or so of high school I was a nice guy. Didn't get me anywhere, so I started treating women a little worse. Not badly, but not exactly nice either. For instance, a girl would fish for a compliment and instead of feeding her I'd blow her off or shrug. Guess what the result was. Low and behold I started having more success with women. I literally became more successful with women after I started treating them worse than I had in the past, and then I see all these girls complaining about not being able to find a nice guy. Pretty irritating, I tell you.

• They want a someone who is mature honest and straight forward guy who doesn't play games but when it comes to dating they do the complete opposite.

• -"Whats wrong babe?"
    -"Nothing."

Enough said.

• When she thinks your cheating without any definitive evidence then proceeds to do some preemptive cheating, effectively sabotaging the relationship.

• Women who are touchy feely yet, find the same behavior from a guy to be abusive. I had a very traumatic sexual assault when I was young, and I loathe strangers touching me, and for some reason strange women think that it's okay to juat grab my arm, touch my shoulders, or hug me... If a guy did that, he'd be in prison, but just because it's a woman...

• The double standard of assault. A lot of women think they should be allowed to assault men without being hit back.

• Saying you would do one thing or another "if you loved me", when she did none of those things and or nothing to change them. I've had girls literally tell me if I really loved them I would have done whatever, when they never even told me about the issue.

• It's not true of all women but far too many want to be treated equally (fair enough and I support it) but they want special privileges for being women.

• for real dude, they want to be treated equally until they have to take responsibility for something

• About looks over personality.

Saying we are all the same (f**k boys) when we are not, some of us are real and want relationships, not just sex.

Being stero-typed as things where not based on looks and skin colour.

Virgin shamed if a guy is over the age of 18, like me.

• I'm curious as to why I got a dislike.

And the bit about me being virgin shamed happens to me from a lot by females, they laugh at me all the time, just cause of my age and they say there's something wrong with me because I'm a virgin and is seen as a bad thing for guys my age...

But if a female is a virgin, no one cares how old they are, and its seen as a good thing if they are, if they are over the age of 18+ as well...

Someone explain how that makes sense?

• Feminism

• Women get away with a lot of things men never could, like false rape accusations that get overturned with no consequences...

and they want to be treated as equals until they realize they have to work like a man for it ie. they want equal pay, but only want to be high level industry leaders, (you will rarely if ever see a woman doing construction or any hard labor)

• Do you want a list?
    1. If a guy doesn't like a girl simply because of her weight.=hes an asshole. If girl doesn't like guy simply because of her weight.=she has standards
    2. If a girl expects a guy to open doors for her, pay for dates. Be a breadwinner and provider by paying for housing and utilities.=she knows her worth. If a guys expects a girl to cook and clean=he's a sexist asshole.
    3. Girls will make fun of how a guy looks. Yet relay on makeup to look attractive.
    4. Girls have this whole. "Women dont have to give men shit" yet feel a man should give them 100% and her wants, otherwise he's taking her for granted.
    5. Guy uses women for sex=asshole girls using guys for money, status, fame etc. =shes looking for security in life.
    6. Girl is shown naked on tv=sexist guy is shown naked on tv =no big deal.
    7. Guy gets hit by girl=what did he do to piss her off? Girl gets hit by girl=in no circumstance is that acceptable.
    8. Girl gets injured, tortured or killed on tv or movie= supporting violence against women. Guy get injured, tortured or killed in movie or tv=good old television.
    9. Fit girl gain weight and people make jokers=assholes fit guy gains weight and people make fun (van diesel)=just a joker in good fun.
    7. Girl says she got raped= believe the victim. Guy says he got raped=hahahahaha
    8. Girl gets raped.=who did it we'll make pay. Guy gets raped=hahahahahha
    9. Joke about girl getting raped=asshole. Joke bout guy getting raped=hahahahahahaha
    10. Girl mutilates guys genitals=he probably had it coming. she's considered brave and gets to be on a talk show. Guy mutilates girls gentiles=horrible person.
    11. Male teacher has sex with female student=he took advantage of her. Female teacher has sex with male student=he took advantage of her.
    12. Stay at home mom=hardest job in the world. Stay at home dad=lazy freeloading bum.
    13. Guy becomes famous and dumps girlfriend for someone else.= asshole. Girl becomes famous and dumps boyfriend for someone else.=she knows her worth

• A couple of things. Women seem to want to be doted on, but then they bite your head off for "not respecting their independence as a woman." Women also talk about how they don't want relationships but then also want to have romance with their hook ups

• I've definitely been there with the former. Be polite and like a gentleman to certain women and they condemn for you for being a male chauvinist pig. No good deed goes unpunished.

• When they say they like who I am but then start trying to change me.

• Definitely! That has always puzzled me. If you don't like who your partner is to begin with, why are you even with them?

• My last old lady tried to get me to stop doing the thing I love the most.

• 7d

If they can't appreciate the things that mean the most to you, it might be time for them to take a hike. I ditched a guy once mainly because he hated my dogs. Some things aren't negotiable.

• So many women say they are looking for a good guy but then they fall for jerks who treat then like shit because they look nice. There good thing is it seems to be a phase most women eventually outgrow.

• women expecting men to do 99.99% of work in dating but they are reluctant to lift a finger

• Just one?

• That women constantly think they're more victims than men yet constantly abuse privileges they want us to not think they have.

• They shit test you to see if you will relinquish control. If you do, they think you're a pussy and lose respect for you. If you don't, they respect you but no longer want to date you.

• The hole premise that guys are assholes and only date hot girls blah blah blah, when women are genuinely fucking horrific for it, you could literally bend over fucking backwards for a girl, do everything for her, all the love, care, money, anything in the world, and she will still just fuck off for the nearest hot asshole who treats her like shit.

• I don't like to generalize gender

• They don't fucking listen OMG
    Bitch will cry about how men don't listen to her but I'm always repeating myself to her πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• I wouldn’t listen to a man who referred to or thought of me as a bitch, either, so maybe you truly are the problem.

• 5d

What did you do? I think I ruptured an aneurysm from being unable to process all the cuteness

• 5d

Yeah, I asked a question lol, doesn’t mean your answer isn’t bitching lol. Everyone on here is bitching. So again, by your standard, you are a _______

• Situation 1
    Man: I want to be part of the child's life that I helped create. Can I see our child and be a dad?

Woman: only if you pay me my alimony and child support. If you don't I will falsely accuse you of abuse and never let you see your child, because all men are seat beat dads.

Situation 2

Woman: I don't have the money for child support, but can I see my our child.

Man: of course, the kid needs his mom.

This is the hypocrisy thst every man puts up with in the family court system.

• Women are always right!!

• More from Guys
    43

What Girls Said 29

• i guess like... they want to be loved for who they are... but then don't reciprocate that. I don't know. generalizing massively here.

• "If you have sex with me on the first date, you're not girlfriend material and I wouldn't pursue a relationship with you. Even though I ALSO HAD SEX ON THE FIRST DATE (WITH YOU)." It's only wrong if the girl does it.

• Stop dating jerks

• 7d

This isn't something I personally have experienced; I've just seen and heard guys say it a lot. And no, that's not what I'm referring to here.

• 7d

Oh and I forgot: the guys who expect a woman to hold a job, just like him, but expect her to do 90-100% of the housework. πŸ˜‘ It's more common than you'd like to think.

• Hypocrisy from men that I've noticed is that they complain that women only go for men who aren't attracted to them or ignore her and string her along. This is especially true for "nice" guys, YET they're doing the same thing! By fawning over that girl as you watch her heartbreak because of bad boys or whatever, you too are also going after someone who isn't interested in you and is stringing you along.
    Pot, meet kettle. Why judge women for falling victim when you're doing the same?

• Most guys don't know they're being strung along. Women are master's of the mind fuck.

• 7d

@Pegases all the time growing up we hear that lol I remember this kid one time slapped my butt in 1st grade and the teacher just said it's because he liked me. This other boy in 3rd or 4th grade made fun of my hand me down clothes. And he points and laughs at me and says "wow, you're poor". And this other boy was standing up for me. And I guess telling him to stop.
      So the substitute teacher said to ignore the boy who made fun of me, he probably has a crush on me. And then I asked about the boy who stood up for me and the teacher says "oh, he's just being nice".
      And the rest is history lol

• 7d

That's fucked up. But boys are taught the same thing. I remember when girls were bigger than boys, they would pick on who they liked.

• Not my experience but my observations from this place. Guys who are not virgins wanting only virgin girls.

• Being interested in a girl just because of her beauty/body then get mad if the girl is just interest about his money... Both things are superficial.

• Well feel bad for the good guys who treats gals with respect and she friend zones him and go sleep with another guy.

• Well if he's only interested in her body and he gets mad that she's a gold digger I agree

• 7d

One's more superficial; I can work out hard and eat right and get a better body. Money has nothing to do with that. You can't always work yourself out of being poor.

• The whole I want you to be pure/Ive slept with heaps of women thing, and the I want you to be innocent/ but willing to do anything in bed with me thing

• "I like natural girls"

***chases and oogles the most plastic and made up girls every weekend at clubs and on tv etc ***

• I like your look πŸ˜€

• 7d

@Anon-ymous1

Plastic

The term was introduced from the movie "Mean Girls". Usualy mistaken for the term "material girl" because they dress well - but not for themselves but more so to impress and make a statement! It's usually an insult refered to girls who are way over there heads, put themselves first, plain heartless and just plain fake! They put on make up everyday and look ugly without it. They put on lipgloss every few seconds. They'll be the ones starting drama in school and minipulating all the boys. It's not hard to spot one, just don't be fooled by their charm. They're called plastic for a reason, that's because they don't feel anything and any insults you run by them will slip off just like cold shiny plastic

Definition from urban dictionary

• Boys always saying women hate men but all the hate comes from men. But 80/20 rule. 80% of both genders are going to be assholes luckily they tend to attract each other lol

• Hmm... You don't happen to live in sweden, stockholm do ya?
      See im looking for somone in that 20% and they're really hard to find ^^

• 7d

@Pokerface101 can't be all of them because I got a good one :)

• 7d

And apparently good guys can't make jokes nowadays ^^

• Jealousy. Men tend to get angry when we act jealous after they pay attention to another woman; often throwing down the "don't you trust me?" card. But when we show the same attention to another man, whether it's platonic/innocent or not, all hell breaks loose.

• β€œI love a girl without make up! Them make up hoes look so fake!”

*doesn’t wear make up because i’m feeling like a lazy bum*

β€œWow you look like shit. Are you tired? Sick?”

• Guys complain that they don't know what woman want... all woman talk about is what they want, guys just don't listen/follow through!

• Except that half the stuff women say they want isn't what they actually want :D

• 7d

This is the most vicious and cruel thing I can imagine. I think it's akin to rape. I think taking somebody who wants to do good, and wants to do right, and then training them wrong on purpose, and then blaming them for failure, is every single bit as vicious and cruel as holding someone down and raping them.

I feel like my whole generation has been raped like this, we have been damaged with wounds that can never heal. And we get zero sympathy, in fact, we only get more abuse if we complain.

Women will not address this. They will not answer for their crimes. That's the insult added to the injury.

• 7d

Well I find it really hard to make friends with chicks so I'm probably having the same issue with them πŸ˜‚

• he wants you to be perfect and love his flaws when he hates yours

• If a guy sleeps around they slap him five call him a man a woman does that she labeled a slut.

• Don't think that's ever happened.

• 7d

Never seen or heard it happen.

• 7d

Nobody high-fives a dude for being a slut. I hear women say this literally every day of my life like it's just ALWAYS happening, like we all just worship the guy who talks about his sex life. I've been in thousands and thousands and thousands of situations where this could have happened, but I've never experienced it.

If a man is a slut, I look down on him and so does everybody else. Same as women.

• i think the ol' if you sleep with many guys you're a slut however if a guy does- then thats okay. I know the exact definition of a slut is someone who has promiscuous sex with many people however its deemed still as deviant behaviour.. for girls.

• 7d

True because the society have the thiking ignore its your life

• 7d

ALSO though I don't like how really some* females only want sex when they want it and then complain that their guy is too horny. I've heard some of my friends complain about this and it just seems one sided, I think in order to keep both people happy you can't be selfish all the time

• Muscles are very ugly and penises grosses me out.

• Almost everything I've heard a guy complain about in person or online have been things myself or other girls/women I've known have experienced. Yet when you point this out to them they are often like "No! I don't believe it!" and "It's WAY worse for us!" Yeah why don't you try experiencing being another person before you make that judgement call? Oh you can't? Then STFU.

• We all go through crap. No gender has the monopoly on suffering.

• 7d

@Bananaman177 Like when I hang out with my friend who has constant guy issues I leave her place feeling like I've been run over by a truck... but on the inside. If that makes sense.

• 6d

No, the PROBLEM is we get PTS-fucking-D from witnessing and experiencing other people's rampant psychopathy.

I keep losing my mind and I'm not just quoting some dumb old saying, or reciting empty, meaningless words, I'm literally experiencing personality fragmentation to the point of becoming a psychopath myself.

My mom literally told me a couple months ago that maybe I should start drinking more. Her reasoning (and I found it to be quite sound) was that most "normal" people drink to excess in order to deaden their senses to the horrors of life, and I am not giving myself the benefit of that "vacation from awareness," so I'm like someone who works all the time and never gets time off, or a soldier who never rotates away from the front.

And lest I sound like I'm equating my problems with that of combat soldiers, I would just point out that soldiers are given weapons and armor and training and allies and comrades to fight their battles, I'm naked and alone in the dark with nothing.

• They don’t play games. And are easy to understand.

• 7d

Agreed. We play many games, and often make ourselves intentionally tough to understand, by rarely expressing emotion.

• 7d

Why do guys play hard to get?

• 7d

I thinks it's because women love a chase as much as a men. People in general don't want what's easy, they want what they work for, because usually what's worked for is what is truly appreciated. I think that fact is the logic behind "playing hard to get", which both genders certainly utilize often. I personally play hard to get more often than not, but most my guy friends do not.

• This

• 17h

Opinions here relates how men and women misunderstand each others ^^

• 16h

Careful with stereotypes. I know what I want

• 16h

I'm here because of your stereotype.. and I'm happy for u.

• Shallow af! Wants her to bring more to the table than he offers.

• That a guy can have sex with about 10 women and they're "cool" but if a woman has sex with the same amount she's a "hoe".

• My trust issues got screwed 10x more than they already were before because my last ex boyfriend punched a wall because I said I didn't trust him and then cheated less than 48 hours later.

• When girls post very seductive sexy looking pictures on social media and then get mad whenever people call her a hoe for it. Or she gets mad when guys comment disrespectful things on her photos.

• 7d

But that doesn't make her a hoe lol. Women and men are allowed to post seductive pictures without being harassed online for it. How the hell is that hypocritical?

• 6d

I guess that wouldn't be hypothetical. It's another word but I can't think of it rnπŸ’€

• Just that guys think they shouldn't cook.

• 7d

It's not that guys shouldn't cook, it's that most can't. Culturally, women can cook and therefore do. There's no boy version of the easy bake oven. Well maybe this one thing where slime poured out of a skull.

• 7d

@ImTheFMan not true. Children play the games they want to not the games they are forced too.

• 7d

Correct. Who's forcing her to play house? Or who's forcing him to play outside? You think mom might know that her son will enjoy playing outside?

• Man: I do all the work for this family, and you do what? Nothing? Do something productive.

Women: Give me a second to set down our child and turn off the oven so I don't burn your dinner. Oh... Whoops! Almost tripped on my cleaning supplies. WHO HAS BEEN SITTING ON THE COUCH ALL WEEK? You don't even have a job!!!

• You shouldn't have married a jerk

• 7d

If you expect men to control themselves, and to be punished for not doing so, then you are not void from that expectation just because you don't inflict damage the same way. Simply said "You're a hypocrite if you aren't holding yourself to the same standards that you hold others to." Because by exploiting the logic in protecting women for the sole purpose of being able to act out however you want to, you're perpetuating a CLEAR double standard that is quite despicable considering that what your exploiting, was intended for the sole purpose of protecting all women.

• 7d

Sounds like you date guys for their looks, since you obviously don't care about their personality.

• They can do whatever they feel like but I can’t (very controlling on what I do)

• It's okay for guys to have more than one thing on the side but when I female text two dudes at the same time she's a whore

• In my experience some guys like to lie about their emotions a lot but get upset when they get the slightest inkling you might be doing the same

• Men who want super models but they don’t look like models themselves

• 7d

Lol, I see your point, but people can't help what they like.

• guys won't do someting unsell you tell them to do so, tey won't even think about doing it