How can I get guys to see me as more than a potential sex partner?

So I guess I'm pretty attractive or whatever. Bartenders usually take a good amount off my bill or give me free shots. The guys at my job help me with everything. I have men approaching me in various, awkward places, like on the bus or while I'm shopping. Or even when I'm walking my dog.

That would be okay if any of these men were actually interested in getting to know me. When I have given some of them a chance usually they just want me to Netflix and chill or some of them already have gfs! Like wtf, who does that?

I don't know how to get men to see me as someone worth getting to know. I don't dress provocatively. I'm ot fucking everyone. When I mention having a friendship first or going on dates guys disappear.

839

Most Helpful Guy

• Think you are looking at it the wrong way. Some guys will never see you as anything but a sex object. Other guys are honestly interested in finding deep relationships. But ALL guys like ‘eye candy’ & sex... Anyhow, you don’t ‘get’ men to see you as more. You just need to learn to identify the kinds of guys more likely to want more. And stick to your standards.

There’s no point telling a guy you want a friendship first. He will only hear what he wants to hear. Better to simply ask a guy what he’s looking for. If he does not say getting to know you, move on. No exceptions.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• The fastest/easiest path for you at first would be to circulate more = more guys in conversation until you find one that makes conversation flow like a dam burst. You two can't stop taking and rarely have to jump start one. On this experience can you build others that may not be so natural a match, similar to the ones in your complaint.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE