I need advice! What can I do to make a good first impression on a speed date?

My friend has invited me to speed dating next week and I have no idea what to do or say. Is there any advice?

13

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 3

• I have never gone speed dating, but I've had to make a lot of first impressions. The hardest part is always getting started with a new conversation. For me, it's easy since I really care about people, I end up saying something that draws my attention or something super honest... like "wow you seem to be having a really good time, I didn't mean to interrupt you" or even like "shit this isn't going well for you is it? I hope I can make things better."

I happen to be a curious person, so I have an easy time asking someone a lot of questions, but the hardest part is realizing the time limit and getting to topics that might bring you to see a person you are interested in. If you want to win the speed dating game bring a notepad and seriously get someone to write their phone number and then write a note in front of them "adorable girl in the red dress -- MUST take her out to see movie xyz"

• Pretend to be someone else, that way when the girl rejects you, you can blame it on that.

• As they say, just be yourself. If you push it, you'll come across as desperate or phony.