Are dating apps really a terrible way to find a relationship?

I'm not necessarily referring to tinder? Sites like OKC, POF, Match, etc. People tell me that the people on there only want to have sex/hookup. But, you hear other stories of people getting married and such. I've always been single and am in my early twenties. I know meeting people in person is the best way, however, I am very shy and don't open up to people easily at all. I try online to see if I can break the ice easier that way. I would like a relationship since I've never had one and am somewhat depressed about this.
  • Yes
  • No

1721

Most Helpful Guy

• From a mans POV, I think they suck. Something about a chance in person encounter goes so much farther than a profile where you are trying to sell yourself. Not to mention the weird guys that taint the water. I think most normal women have to really be highly interested to even arrange a meet. They are being choosy because they are afraid of the weirdos.

But I also noticed another weird thing. There are a number of women consistently on in my local area. Many of the same faces still online I saw on there 4 years ago. You wonder what the hell the deal is..

Most Helpful Girl

• As our lives become more digital, I don't see how a dating app could be a bad thing. Sure there are always going to be duds online.

I've done a lot of online dating over the years. It's definitely getting harder and harder to stand out in a good way online.

Lots of people make profiles but aren't actually serious about finding someone. Or they do it just for laughs.

I would say the best thing you can do is use apps as just another tool to met people.

Get out and meet people in real life as well.