Why is wearing makeup a dealbreaker to some guys?

Now I’m a pretty girl with or without makeup. I still wear makeup because it makes me feel good. I don’t wear so much that I look like a different person. I don’t go overboard.

But I feel like it’s a silly deal breaker to have.

428

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that makeup can make a girl look like an alien, it doesn't look natural. A little makeup isn't bad, but you start doing every little thing, eyebrows, eye lashes, changing your skin colour, putting on blush ( when like idiots, you can blush naturally) it becomes a little fucking annoying, besides, do you think that we want to invest that crap or sit for 3 hours while you put it on and complain and take 3 hours to take it off. Run on sentence but basically it's all there

What Guys Said 27

• Light make up is fine. Eyelashes, lip gloss, a bit of rouge...

Too much foundation and eye color looks horrendous, like a body being dressed up for a viewing.

If it enhances your natural beauty, okay, if it is to mask your face, then it isn't okay.

• Its not even something I've thought about tbh. That said I've never dated chicks who had so much on they were completely different in the morning.
    Most chicks wear enough just to cover perceived imperfections, so I'm also used to catching a glimpse of a pimple or minor acne in the morning too! That's the "hot" girls btw!! It's justa shame some girls fuck their skin up wearing it so often, even it isn't much!
    Just don't turn into a clown! Guys know chicks and humans in general got imperfections, but don't rely on it ALL the time!!

• It becomes a dealbreaker once it’s going overboard

Slight accentuation of your natural features is just fine

But there are girls who transform from lady shrek to a beauty
    That’s a turn off.

• I think make up shows lack of confidence if you wear it you clearly think you need it I think you should express yourself I mean any kind of make up is basically chemicals to change your facial appearance that's it

• Would you like a guy who sprays his nonexistent abs on? A guy who puts items in his sleeves to make his arms appear bigger before he goes outside, regardless of how unconvincing his attempts are? Fake as fuck, right?

• Because some guys think that if a woman wears make up it is false advertising

• I didn't know it was. I've never heard of anyone breaking up over wearing makeup. Has that happened to you?

• I want a girl to follow whatever her heart tells her
    if she wants to wear makeup I'm fine with that if
    she doesn't want wear makeup I'm fine with that too
    I just want her to be comfortable in her own skin.

• Because it's purpose is to deceive and conceal... Do you like guys who stuff their groin with socks? Or with a toupee? Or a wig?

• I've never met a guy who that was a dealbreaker for.

• One here :)

• How exactly does it prove your point? I'm genuinely interested... Why something like makeup in my mouth or smell that I don't like makes me weird?

• @khalN Because it's a gross over exaggeration.

• If it make you feel good about yourself, wear it. Find a guy thigh likes you wearing makeup.

• It doesn't look natural

• No, it's not a deal breaker.

• Because some of us want to date a woman who is confident and doesn't have the desire to wear a mask

• its only a dealbreaker if you look like you belong in a circus act.

• I think you do it right. Too much makeup would look fake on any girl which will look like plastic babe. But its my opinion afterall.

• To me it depends on the women, some women look good with makeup.

• Who knows, but what I know is makeup is ok.

• Would it be a deal breaker for you if I did

• I your case it doesn't but if you would use so much that it would change how you actually look than it is a definite dealbreaker

• I personally don't like too much make up, it turns me off... I want a girl who's confident in herself, and doesn't need to hide her insecurities behind makeup... That's just the way I feel, dunno about others...

• Cuz it looks gross

• Because they never learned to apply it correctly?

• I don't think so. sone guys don't really know your wearing natural make up and think Its you without it

• It's not that makeup is a deal breaker per say to guys.

It's actually more of this:
    Looking for a relationship with longevity? Yes.
    Have you ever seen her bare face? No.
    > Conclusion: Don't go out with her until you've seen her bare face.

Some guys want to know what his potential partner ACTUALLY looks like before getting into anything.

For longterm it is a deal breaker, for shortterm it doesn't matter too much. Personally, I want to know regardlessly. I'm just curious is all.

• I don't really care how much or what you wear

As long as

1. She doesn't look like Pennywise. I'm afraid of oxymorons, such as evil clowns. I think oxymoron's are conspiracy theories. I mean, really, Jumbo Shrimp? Seriously!

2. You wear lip gloss, but, you excuse yourself to go put it on, after meeting me, and you start licking your lips, or biting the bottom one

That's all I care about

• Not a dealbreaker, but no makeup is a preference

What Girls Said 4

• they think it's false advertising. they are bothered when a 5 looks like a 9 on Monday. but then back to being a 5 on Tuesday. they don't care if a 7 is using it to enhance her beauty to look like an 8.

• Boys cannot tell the difference, actually no they can, they say they want a "natural girl" but when they see a girl who's actually natural they ask if she's sick or something.

• Yes some hate it

• I think you shouldn't care at all if you wear make up or not , your future partner wouldn't mind it because he chose you ,