Submarining - The new Dating Trend: Have you ever experienced Submarining?

Submarining is the new dating trend. The act of submarining is when a person who ghosted you in the past re-enters your life, out of the blue, full of apologies, excuses, compliments , and promises. The ghost decides to suddenly reappear in your life without a valid explanation as to why they suddenly ghosted you. They’ll want to pick up where you left off before they ghosted you. Submarining can occur weeks, months or even years after the initial ghosting has taken place.

Have you ever experienced Submarining? Has a person who ghosted you in the past, suddenly reappeared , out of the blue , and contacted you again? Share your stories ♥

1748

Most Helpful Guy

• I have experienced it before, and I have also done it before. The beauty of usernames is that they almost never change, so you can catch up with someone after a long time and it will still be the same person.

Most of the time, people do this "submarining" when they're horny and or desperate... that being said, I have had some good experiences over the years, and people who I had massive arguments with, promised to never talk again... a year later we randomnly talk, meet up the next day and hook up 😂

Whether it's a good or a bad thing i dont know, but it's certainly exciting to think you can reconnect very easily

Most Helpful Girl

• That has never happened to me. I think people do that when they're desperate for someone to give them validation. So they go back to someone who used to be interested in them and they expect that person to still want them. It shows a lack of respect for the person they ghosted because it means they think that person has low standards and will except any kind of treatment.