What do guys think of girls who set career as their priority?

Guys- Career oriented women, are they a deal breaker?
if you are dating one, do u feel unsatisfied and neglected every once in a while?

133

Most Helpful Guy

• Badass.
    I'm dating one, I can see how the guy can feel like their neglected but really you're helping one another take on the world.

It just takes trust, maturity and reason to deal with. A lot of guys seem to need constant attention na way because they may feel threatened by her work or some other reason.

Be open and forthcoming with your partner so you'll be able to handle problems when they're small and manageable. Break up with the ones that can't handle it or you'll just waste each other's time.

• Also, it's clear she doesn't need you as a man.
      She wants you.

• I couldn't agree more.
      And I personally feel that when a woman sees her man supporting her, she respects him more and will do her best to make things work.
      Good luck!

• Likewise!

What Guys Said 32

• As long as she chased me a bit and showed me affection, then I wouldn't care. I don't want to invest myself in a woman who isn't going to invest herself in me just as much if not more. A guy who chases too much can be a turn-off, especially when she has stress from work and other things going on. I would have to be patient, but of course, when she had some free time and reached out to me, I'd expect her to put that stress aside and make us a priority in that moment.

• They can go for whatever they want.

Personally, when I want to be with that "forever" lady and she is someone I want to marry and give all of my hear to, I'm not going to look for someone who puts career above me.

If she brings up moving for her job, traveling a lot, business trip after business trip, our ability to see each other and spend time together is always at the mercy of her busy work schedule and she can and is often called away, with no notice, in the blink of an eye. That's not what I'm looking for.

I'd not put career above her (if I have found the one) and would turn down promotions if it meant me moving away or spending lots of time away from her and our family. The additional money wouldn't be worth it to me.

• I would think great and if that's something I wanted from a partner possibly a future with each other. If I wanted to (and did) start a family at an early age, I'd still wish her well.

• I don't like anyone crazily career driven, male or female.

I don't live for work, I work to live.

• Having said that it's important to have a job bla bla bla

• It's not a deal breaker at all, as long as they aren't the feminist type.
    I would rather date a career oriented woman with motivation and some perspective on life than a lazy one.

• It's (or it was) a deal breaker for me. I'm more of a traditional family oriented guy, so for me a woman who wants of focus on career and put that before family and children, maybe putting that off til her 30s if she wants that at all, would be no good for me.

• But don't you think the age between 20-30 are the years where she can find her goal, her passion and work towards it?
      If she put it off till 30s and had a family wouldn't she find it hard to manage both?

• Yes.
      I agree with the daycare thing.
      I meant the cons with dating though.
      Just wondered if the relationship suffers as 20s are the initial stages for both serious relationships and making your way into the world and getting financially secure.
      It's give and take both from each side I suppose
      And like u said there's also the preference.

And nothing seemed forceful.
      Was only a discussion.
      Sorry to have bothered you, I suppose. :)

• It's no bother lol, what I meant by that was that it would be unfair to date someone who had certain goals and ambitions only to later say"no you can't do that" and to become overly controlling. I think these things should be made clear early on. Then the relationship doesn't suffer because you know you're both on the same page.

• i support them. although i think it's important to have balance in one's life regardless of gender

• I'd like that but we'd have to have good communication or else it won't work.

• Everyone have his/her way of life. I think people should follow their passions, hobbies, career, or anything else if this is what they want.
    In my opinion, work is not the thing that's will make the people happy. But that's my vision :)

• If they do, find a guy who supports you, not holds you back

• All power to them.

I was married nearly 21 years and we had kids young. Which had an effect on my ex-wife pursuing her profession. it was always her burning desire. Which led to me staying at home and being 'Mr Mum' to our three kids to allow her to do it for a period of time

• Career oriented or not, in order to maintain a relationship, devotion n affection to your partner is a must. A motivated, confident and career oriented girl is a bonus.

• I love girls who are career oriented...
    In fact I've never been actually in love with a girl who isn't carrer oriented..
    I used to support my ex and she would always stand beside me whenever i needed her...
    This is how it goes for me at least

• if i´m not a priority for my parnter, then i don´t want that partner. she can have a career but if she just drops me if her career demands it, then fuck her. she can go on without me.

• Girls who focus their careers can ignore someone else in a relationship, not me.
    I don't mind her having a job, but it shouldn't be her focus, as it's not mine as well.

• Depends. Lots of guys find it intimidating when the woman has a goal in life/plan that is working. They see it as a treat as they try to be a breadwinner. However I'd have no problem dating a career orientated woman as I have my life long job and am 17. Just my thoughts.

• Honey dearest, How the hell do they meet when they are BOTH working all the time? hmm? The problem with the world today is that people dont have places to specifically meet single people only normally, but that's another story.

• ALTHOUGH I do have to admit, if they are going to work all the time, then it should be in a place where lots of people pass through. Like at a restaurant or retail store of some sort where I can meet single girls like them.

• Incredibly sexy. Keep some priority on the relationship though.

• Those are the women that usually end up unhappy at the end.

• But the reason for her unhappiness would be her partner don't u think?
      If he is not understanding enough...
      It really does depend on the guy if he wants to be there and support her or leave.
      Of course she has to do her part... Give him time when she can.
      Show him she needs him, not for financial support but only because she wants him in her life.
      Will that be asking too much?

• Many women that put their sole focus on their career, don't give their partner enough attention.

• I'll would rather I was her priority, if it's a deal breaker or not really depends on how it manifest itself.

• There is a good reason why most career women are single past 30.

• I think those women are not the ones I want to date.

• I was with a woman who ran her own business. It was always clear that I was never going to be a priority, and that drove me away.

• It takes away from having fun with guys. They should put it off til they at least finish college

• What do the need a man for?

• No time for me

• They are a turn on

• They are very attractive

• I think bad of career oriented persons, indepedently from the genre

• gimme that shit guuurl ill fuc u till u don u papers gurl

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 1

• I am actually going to do this now! I feel like I've lost and wasted a lot of my time and life on Fuckboys who don't care and value me as a person at all! I've also changed so many jobs one after another and now I am unemployed, Broke and everyone is lookin down on me! I think this is a great to take and make your job/career your highest priority cuz when you don't have money and a job out have nothin else and can't do anything or go anywhere! It's also a great thing to have your career first cuz more guys who are established in their life like a woman who has something going on for herself rather than chasing Fuckboy's around honeatly!

• Damn right you should!
      It's important for us to be able to take care of ourselves and be happy in life doing what we want.
      And things will fall in place whe

• **Things will fall in place and we will be respected for who we are as a person
      Not just to fool around with.
      Wish u luck!