How long should it take a person to get over their first love?

69186

Most Helpful Guy

• You never "get over" your first love. You just move forward and the pain slowly recedes. You will probably always have some feelings for him but those feelings will be tucked away in a distant corner of your heart.

I attended my 45th high school reunion this past summer and was nervous about seeing the girl who was my first love! Really. (I didn't know before I arrived, but she did not attend even though she still lives here.)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Not really, I hate my first love because we fought numerous times and I felt like I was always second to her best friend.

• This is amazing! So cute

• That’s cute but definitely does not apply to me at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• I disagree with some users who are saying you never get over your first love and that you'll always have feelings for them, because everyone is different. Some people are stronger than others

. I have no feelings for my first love. I'm different person to what I was when I was with him. My feelings faded when we split up. During my personal growth my mindset and outlook changed. So did my wants, needs and desires So if I'd met my first love now he , instead of when I was younger i wouldn't be interested in him because he wouldn't be right for me.

People who are emotionally and mentally healthly move on after their first love. They don't hold onto the past

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE