GUYS: What do you think when girls wants to take things slow when you start dating?

Example: If she says on the first date that she wants to get to know you better before you guys kiss for the first time. What do you guys think of girls acting like this?

• I think it's great, we don't need to rush things
  • I think it's annoying, I would not have patience
  • I'm a girl and I want to see results
    Vote C

218

What Guys Said 18

• you're valued by the things you give the most value for, so by taking things slow, you give intimacy the highest value, so you're making it as the main prize which a man will get if passed your "tests" and was patient !
    the real question is what better interest will motivate him later to give an effort for !
    give value for more important things, make being with you be his interest, at least you'll know from the beginning if he's there just for sex and won't lose time with him !

• Either they want to make sure you are good for them. Or they are terrible in bed and dont want you to break up with them right away because of it. I've had both scenarios. The second, after two years, i thought i could help teach her to be better, but she wouldn't try anything. Seriously the most basic of the basic. For two years the most awkward sex I've ever had, and after a year, i stopped looking forward to it because either we didn't fuck for a month at a time, or it was gonna be terrible regardless.

• I wouldn't have a problem with this at all. The calling card of someone who has been hurt and someone who is serious is to take things slow. In thing stage of my life I prefer taking it slow myself

• Not that I'm the kind of guy who demands sex upfront before anything else happens.. but I'd still take a desire to "steady into it" as my cue to exit stage Draca.
    *Poof!*

For an involvement between two people to be truly fulfilling, the desire needs to be there from the get-go. If you need to have a long and awkward early period in order to "find" what was never there to begin with, what's the point in trying?

• It really depends on the situation. If that is what you are comfortable with then you should take it slow. I could certainly respect it for the very early stage. However if you haven't kissed by date 3 at the latest what is even the point?

• To me, going fast says you've done this a lot. 🚩

• Nah, that's her way of saying she's not into you.

• But if a guy wants to kiss you before you got to know each other that only means he isn't looking for anything deep and meaningful and if you yourself are, why would you continue dating him? I mean why would you say that you want to "take things slow", it's like you're saying to him "I want to be played".

• You should only do what your comfortable with. If a person isn't willing to do that for you its not worth it. Taking it slow builds anticipation as well. I went a whole month without kissing a girl i was seeing. She asked me to take it slow and i did. Eventually she was upset i hadn't kissed her lol.

• I'm not going to try to make you uncomfortable, what use would that be?

• I would respect her decision but if we don't kiss on the first date then I'd probably think she didn't like me unless she said it.

• We have only one life, why should you wait if you like each other there is nothing to lose.

• Never had a girlfriend before but if i do ever have one, and just that one, id like to go slow cause i've got no experiance and would love to learn with her.

• I also like to take things slow at the start... if you go too fast you take away a lot of the surprises and passion too quickly.

• She thinks I'm a simp. And she got me fucked up.

• I've rushed things before, and it was great for a while, then kind of just all fell apart at once. I can totally understand wanting to be cautious about who you invest emotional energy upon.

• I'd be highly suspicions she either had a low drive, or a low attraction to me. Huge red flag.

• Whenever a girl says this, it's code for "not interested in you, piss off and never contact me again, you can forget about ever going on a second date with me, I'm ghosting you now". I used to be a naive idiot and take them at their word. Now I know better- now I know what they REALLY mean when they spout this shit. As such, I'd be pissed off, and since she's already come out and ditched me anyway, why not let out my pent-up frustration at her basically telling me to my face that "you're not good enough for me, I'm too good for you", bring her down a few pegs and tell her that she ISN'T better than me, that SHE'S the worthless piece of trash, not me. You think you deserve better than me? No- I deserve better than the likes of YOU.

• Not true, you have to see it from the other side as well. Historically and present day women get abused sexually, violently, and are trafficked as sex slaves. Also the fact that they bare the child is another responsibility they have to bare. Anyone can be taken advantage of, but it is more prevalent for women to be taken advantage of. So some women that have been exposed to it will of course take more caution because they don't want to be in that kind of situation.

Do not confuse this with ghosting or on dates. If she's interested then yes she'll make the effort to go out with you. However if she says she wants to take it slow means just that. However you take is how you take it. Don't try to read minds, do at her pace and if she losses interest in you then that's just it. Move on and continue to find the person that can reciprocate that love back to you. It's not anyone's fault if they lose interest, it happens.

• @anonChineseMale Oh, STFU. Men get abused sexually too, and get trifficked as well as getting violently abused a hell of a lot more than women do. Always have been, always will be. And supporting children is a responsibility which MEN are expected to bear, not women. It's more prevalent for women to be taken advantage of- says who? WTF are you talking about? As for taking it at her pace and taking her words as gospel- dude, how much of a cuck are you? I set the pace, I make the rules, I look into every facet of them and judge them for who they are, along with gauging all of their motives and analyzing their thought processes. And if they can't handle that, take offence with being called out for who and what they are, then too bad- they can all do one. If they want to fill all the male gender roles, and feminize their partners, then it's the 21st century- they can go become trans-males and go after girls instead, now can't they?

• WRONG! That is so judgmental and wrong. You don't need to be with women, you need to be by yourself. You sound really bitter.

What Girls Said 2

• I suggest it's best to talk about this and be friends first before you decide to get into romance or dating. Because if you start this now, you might find out things that will make you regret trying dating that person. If a guy doesn't agree, move on. You date how you want and need to be treated. Kissing is far too intimate and you're exchanging sex hormones. Not a smart idea, that's how so many people get too sexual early and miss serious red flags that will eventually lead to a break up sometime in the future if not right now.

• I hope there's respect.. I do this because I want something serious from it, I dont go on dates for the fun of it really, that way it also shows where he stands in what he wants from me