How long should a relationship be before introducing your bf/gf to your family?

Thank you all for your inputs. Keep it coming please.

824

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it´s more about our feelings rather than x amount of time. In my case it takes couple months to develop strong feelings and if me and my girl manage past that point, I´ll first introduce her to my friends and see how it goes. If that goes well, it´s within a month that she´ll meet my parents. So all in all I´d say around 3-4 months depending on how I feel about her. Could take less or could take more. My current girlfriend -sorta- has been with me from August and I haven´t introduced her to my parents yet, but my friends have seen her. In this case I have feelings but am quite unsure as to whether it´ll be a long term thing or not, so not gonna introduce her to my family anytime soon. Hopefully this helps :)

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no right or wrong time. You introduce them when you and your partner think it's the right time and when your both comfortable to do it. And it's good when your parents are ready and comfortable too.