What's your opinion on dating/starting a relationship with someone when you still love, miss and think about your ex?

205

Most Helpful Girl

• The guy I'm seeing mentions his ex (es) literally every time we're together, and I try to be cool and understanding that they went through a lot together and of course there's still attachments, but I will tell you right now that my heart breaks every time he mentions her. I'm there, texting every morning and night, I'm the one talking to him for hours, I'm the one bringing him dinner, I'm the one having sex with him and sleeping in his bed, but he can't get over her and I can't tell you how many times I've cried because of it. I don't doubt that he cares for me, but I regret getting involved with him because he has healing to do, and I found that out too late.

Don't drag someone into it if you're not over her. You're going to tear her apart.

Most Helpful Guy

• nothing wrong with it, but expect internal conflict as you try and figure out your feelings about the new person and the old one.

maybe be honest with anyone you are starting a serious relationship with, but otherwise those feelings are yours and yours alone.