Is a 7 year age gap too much or OK?

I’m 19, he’s 26.. I have so many mixed emotions and I genuinely like him, and he likes me but the only issue is that we are at different stages in our life...

Do you we keep pursuing this or not?

1027

Most Helpful Guy

• In the long run, no, but at your age I do believe that is a considerable age gap. The next 4 years are going to still be a big part of your development into adulthood and shaping you as a person.

I would say experiment so you can learn what you really like, but then again you could be missing out if this guy is a real catch. Just trust your instincts and take your time, don't rush anything you have lots of time

• I’m quite mature for my age, miss being in a committed relationship, I miss coming home to someone every night, I miss having that person to depend on (emotionally)...

I think I’m ready to settle, and even though I am unsure, do I want to miss the opportunity to be with someone who has some many qualities to what I want?

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on maturity and even more importantly, the likeliness of either you moving in the next several years. Does he have a job that will keep in the area? What if he wants another job far away? Are you in university/ thinking about enrolling in one far from him? the problem with age gaps 19- 26 is the difference in financial stability and/or opportunities to move in pursuit of goals/dreams. if you're an undergrad, its easiest to date another undergrad, since you'll be on a similar track (same holiday breaks, times of stress, access to transportation), or if you're both working (likely similar hours (9-5), free time, and non-education based goals (asssuming no one is applying to graduate school, which may lead to another reason for moving)).
    Go for it, but be ready to face these obstacles/ know that you can't make someone stay if they value their dreams over you.

• Thank you :)) there’s so much to take into account but I’m hoping it’s worth the risk! we’re both still finding our feet so I’m hoping we land together 🙈