Do guys actually mean it when they say they like you Or say it just to have sex?

I'm talking to this guy that I like, we haven't met each other before I only use to see him in college and thought he's good looking. We've been texting for 5 months and he finally admitted to liking me and wanting me. He wanted to know what I thought about him too. He then wanted me to meet up with him at his house all of a sudden (first we were gonna meet in public) but now he wants me in he's house, he said he wants me in his house for everything (didn't admit for sex) I asked will anyone be there and he said yeah but we can go in his room. I don't know if he just wants me for sex now or actually does like me.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like just sex to me. Public date, don't go to his house, secluded means intimate and intimate means trying to get physical generally speaking. Now that said it doesn't necessarily mean he only wants sex, but I would say that seems to be his goal at the moment. I would decline that invitation and provide an alternative that is not as private and will not lead to sex (or the attempt anyway). That's why traditionally women held out on sex, to make sure that the guy was interested in her not just sex. Let him know that you think its a little early for that then offer an alternative that way you let him know your not just interested in sex BUT your interested in him. If he declines or gets angry then you know he only wanted sex and you can move on, if he is willing to go with the alternative then you might have a guy who is interested in you not just sex. Make sure you don't give sex to early as well, you want to ensure that he is actually interested in you before that point so at least a few dates would be required (thought the more dates the more certain you will be that he wants you not just sex).

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No i believe that my boyfriend loves me , he dosent pretend to just to have sex. You can always test your partner by faking any hurt or injury and see his behaviour towards u. If he loves u he will be concerned at that moment otherwise not. I tried this few times and it worked so u can also try

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 41

• What are you hoping for? Hot casual sex or the possibility of a long term relationship?

1|1
    0|0
  • The real question here is DO YOU want sex with him? if your answer is yes, then quit your bitching.
    Why do girls always want some kinda guarantee/insurance to do shit that they ALREADY want to do. its stupid really.
    Gotta learn to start simplifying, instead of always looking for some guarantee.
    Do you wanna fuck him? Yes... then fucking do it. He doesn't have to marry you after. or say he will.

0|0
    1|2
  • I think You should meet in public first, try and get the vibe from this guy, depending on what you've said to him , it sounds like he thinks you want the D, if you agree to go to his house, he's gonna think that's what you're after. like I said, I don't know what you've said texting him the last 5 months, but it sounds to me like if you got to his place it's to have sex... so be careful, and good luck !

0|0
    0|0
  • I would insist to meeting up in public the first few times... some social control is not a bad idea!
    It could be either innocent or bizarre that he wants to meet you in his house. Problem is you can't know. So better to avoid it in the beginning and first learn to know him :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry but the guy sounds like he's desperate for sex. Guys don't usually move too fast with girl they actually like. If he wasn't there for sex, he'd meet you in public and after several dates/hangouts would call you at his place for everything (and yeah this 'everything' includes sex)

0|0
    0|0
  • there's no telling what different guys mean. only they know for sure. and remember not all guys are the same. Too bad everyone doesn't have to means to read people like we do books. Would save a lot of heart aches.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be cautious first, he may like you but at the same time you still have to get to know him first (Your safety is always important and yourself respect).

1|0
    0|0
  • Test it. Always always test the heart. It's not being skeptical, but reassuring you whether or not he's true

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol. Texting for 5mths and you guys are meeting now? Smh. I'm perplexed. Assuming that's you in the pic, I don't think it would've taken me that long to sweep you off your feet and blow your mind unless texting was your thing. It's kinda weird he wants you at his place. Do you want to be there?

0|0
    0|0
  • Considering the timeline you told about, it looks like he took his time admitting that he likes you , but it has escalated pretty fast showing a hint of desperation, which is a red flag

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• That seems kinda suspect. Insist on meeting in public.

0|1
    0|0
  • If a guy is talking about going to his house. Its obvious he wants to have sex just be careful. Every guy is not a saint.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds sketchy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some guys do, some guys don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys will say anything to get sex.

0|3
    0|0

Recommended myTakes