Do you believe opposites attract?

Do you believe opposites attract?

319

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't think opposites attract except like when it comes to magnetisms, electricity, etc. People that are opposite to each other will not be inclined to get along and will have different viewpoints on most important issues like the food they prefer, how they like to spend their leisure time, on religion, politics, attitudes towards important things like the type of house they like and probably even sex lol. Oh yeah, at the start they may compromise to please their partners but eventually the truth will come out if some of this stuff hasn't been discussed beforehand. That doesn't mean that two people have to be the same on everything or even should be to get along It's ok to be opposite on somethings to make up for the deficiencies of others. You just don't want to be completely opposite because if you are you'll be arguing most of the time lol.
    , .

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. My late mother was an INFJ and my father is an ESTJ. They are complete opposites in everything. Have similar goals but go about it totally different than the other. And it always lead into fights and arguments. And it's bad enough both of them are highly immature and unhealthy with their personality. So while it can be enticing, if it's not pure and innocent in nature, it can be very dangerous and sadly often lead by the account of lust. Not love. It rarely last if anything. It would have to take strong and mature individuals to understand each other and love each other for their differences. And not belittle each other for those differences.