Is it possible for someone to have no social media?

Long story short: I’ve been talking to this 25 yr old guy on Tinder. I normally like to look them up on social media before we actually meet up, but I couldn’t find him on anything. So I asked if he was on any social media and he said he isn’t. He said he used to have MySpace and Facebook back in the day, but then he “grew up” lol?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's possible. I'm not active on any of the usual social media sites. I have a blank Facebook and a blank Twitter and a blank Instagram that I only use if I need to look at someone's page or message someone for a particular reason, but other than that I don't use any of them. I don't find them interesting.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• He's lying! Think girl, think!
    Remember tinder needs fb to sign up, thus he has one.

Get his number and type it into the insta, Snapchat or fb search. Something should pop up unless he's giving you a fake app #. If you call it and the voicemail is an app auto message there's your answer.

But on the contrary it is possible. My older brother has no social media and never has. He's popular but also pretty secretive about his personal life. He claims he's a loner but I don't think so since he's so good at socializing. He only has an email and cell phone number for contact.

3|2
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Given the privacy concerns surrounding Facebook, I can believe it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love the false equivocation of "no social media" = "something to hide", as if wanting to have privacy somehow makes you shady. We're so used to being able to look someone up at a moment's notice that, if we can't, we assume they are secretly criminals and ne'er-do-wells in hiding. Social media was supposed to make us more connected, not more suspicious.

Unless we know everything about someone, they can't be trusted.

1|3
    0|0
    • You have to have a Facebook to get on tinder. So in this case, the guy she’s talking about is a fucking liar. More often than not when someone online says they don’t have social media, they’re lying. Come on.

• It's totally possible, I know a lot of people who ended using Facebook etc.
    Actually I find it a little bit creepy if someone is looking me up on SM before seeing in person. I also don't do it if I'm about to date someone, you get a total wrong impression of that person from their SM-profiles.

0|0
    0|0
  • My brother isn't on any. I wasn't either until becoming single in 2012 and my friend convinced me that I wouldn't meet girls without being on fb. I really don't like how dating is changed. I'd meet someone and ask to call them and instead of giving me a phone number they wanted to be fb friends. Lame as shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually, not having any social media accounts is probably the smartest thing you can do.

If I didn't use social media like Facebook to keep in touch with my friends from the Army it would be the first thing to go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he is lying about having an FB account, if that bothers you call him out or cut contact... 😑

That said why in the fuck is it seen as shady when a chick can't scope out the life of some other sheep-man on (un) social media? You and the other 1.2/1.3 billion morons on planet earth clearly don't have an understanding of wanting privacy...

Nor do you understand the basic premise of business and commerce; if the product is free, then you and your "metadata" are the fucking "product".

Boy we live in an age full of socially degenerate and generally incapable morons, it makes my head hurt... a lot.

0|1
    2|0
    • If they can find a guy on social media they can stake a claim to him by acting like his girlfriend calling him babe for e. g. publicly to stop other girls hitting on him.

• Show All
    • Of course it won’t stop you, you like my sass.

• @Ms725
      As much as you like my machismo! Among other things hehe!

• Only a fool has a public social media account.

Privacy requires anonymity.

There are a lot of fools.

0|2
    0|0
  • Are you kidding? How can such a person even function in life without social media? How can they not live without their constant twitter feed updates about shit that doesn't matter? Or about all the updates from his so-called "friends"? Or all the Instagram pictures of stupid shit that has no bearing on his life? How can such a person function when they're deprived of all these life necessities. He must actually spend a lot of time in "the real world" as opposed to the glorified dick measuring contest that's social media. What a weird guy. Apparently if you don't have a social media presence, you don't exist. That's sad.

1|3
    0|0
  • Of course it is. Before the internet existed the entire population didn't have any sort of social media.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't you have to have a FB account to have a Tinder account? But you won't find me on any social media. It's a waste of time for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. One of my brothers went without it for quite a while, until recently when he decided to join the rest of us. I'm thinking of not having one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its good to know what you're getting yourself into but you will never really know the person until you meet them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes it's true people can grow up with no social media
    i have Facebook and barely use it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no *personal* social media, only business related.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only have snapchat so that's pretty much the same thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it is and it's extremely likely.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's totally possible, just not usual nowadays.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm the living evidence

1|0
    0|0
  • Its possible

1|0
    0|0
  • Very easy

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• It’s possible but if he’s on tinder , 9/10 he has a social media account. Don’t fall for the trick , he may have a whole wife and child and don’t want you to find out

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I dont have any social media. No facebook, no twitter, no instagram, no MySpace "back then"... nothing of the sort.

Everyone is always shocked af when I tell them this and I dont even know why

Only thing I have is snapchat

0|1
    0|0
  • yes.. I'm one of those people lol.. I don't know why people get so surprised when I tell them I don't use social media.. they act like I'm an alien or something.. it's just that I feel like it's a more of a headache and a distraction

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. People say its weird but I don't really care. I had but I decided I got better things to do with my life. I only use this app

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I deleted Facebook about a month ago, and don't use anything else.
    I only have Whatsapp, but from next year on, my phone won't support it so I won't have that either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely lying. Our grandparents have Facebook. If they don’t have a Facebook these days, they’re being shady.

0|0
    0|3
    • " Definitely lying" why is it so hard to believe lol

• Show All
    • @Ms725
      Hey well ya know, I'm rolling my eyes too, if you remember rightly I'm gonna be a little *busy* tomorrow so we had better try and patch things up or I might just cheat on you! =0
      Tho if your that way inclined your welcome to make my one-on-one tomorrow a party ;P

• @FreshOutaIdeas lmao what a one man and his hand kinda party. I’ll have to pass 🙄

• Yeah totally possible, I know of someone who doesn't have facebook, Snapchat or Instagram and he's only on WhatsApp

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah it is

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont. and im like model hot in the face. i just burned myself out with that when i was a teenager. When ever i go out and people ask me for my instagram, and im like i dont have and then they ask for facebook im just like i dont have that i dont use any social media or have anything besides snapchat (and practically never take selfies -_- on it) no one believes me. Because every bitch and their mom is literally on some shit taking selfies to make themselves feel cute catfishing when ever the lightings good enough or w. e. I get told shit like "Come on i know your on instagram with mad pics, why are you lying am i bothering you" i've even had issues with an employer because all i had was a fake facebook with no picture and "Lol" as a name (when he was trying to verify that i was as old as I was saying I was.) some people genuinely just do not give a fuck about taking selfies or seeing other peoples shit. But if he's on tinder he should have some form of social media, or not have a problem face timing you on snap chat or Skype where its live. He should know that people are prone to catfishing like as in stealing a whole other persons pics, or just looking way too different in there's. If he can't prove who he is or video chat you live and talk in real time for a good 5 minutes at least, on to the next.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no social media whatsoever. No need for it I guess...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it’s possible. Some people don’t have the time, energy and interest to be on it. I have Twitter, Instagram that I don’t use. Same reasons as those people who don’t have it. I stick to here and Facebook coz most of my fam and friends are there. And two of my exes don’t have them

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's fully possible...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes