I feel stupid.. what do you think?

So, we've been hanging out for a month now. I invited him over to have a few beers and everything was going great, as I said he knows I'm a virgin. We're nextdoor neighbors by the way, I asked him to go to his place just because I didn't really feel comfortable in my house knowing that my brother was about to come back. He said no and I got mad, after discussing it for awhile I just turned my back and kinda walked away. He got mad too because of me acting that way but there was simply a misunderstanding. He then explained that he said no because he respected my virginity and he just wanted to avoid getting in some weird situations. But, anyway, he kept telling me that he didn't feel like remaining at my place, he needed some time and space to get over my behaviour and the way I had reacted. I started to be afraid of him distancing himself from me so I kinda begged him to stay and said that I didn't want this to change whatever we have. He then told me to relax, that tomorrow he'll still talk to me and nothing will have changed. I don't know, I just feel like he'll grow distant, I texted him saying that I was sorry for what had happened and that I really cared about him and I don't want this episode to change anything we're building. He replied and told me to relax because nothing serious had happened. I have this recurring fear of people letting me down and abandoning me. What do you think about this?

02

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are used to getting rejected. From a guy’s POV if you flip out over someone saying, ‘no’ it comes across as batshit crazy, clingy, controlling, stalkerish. It could remind him of someone he knew in the past who was bad news. Even tho, sure, from your POV it is just how you felt for a moment.

The worse thing you can do is keep asking him to convince you that what he said was true or to try and get him to say what you want yo hear. Just leave him alone till he contacts you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE