Why do guys seem to hate that a woman has options when it comes to dating?

Guys seem to hate the fact that women have many different choices of men to chose from when dating, and get angry when a woman is "choosy". Why?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think men get any more upset than women. Because usually men are the choosy ones. I don't like fat girls, and most guys I know don't either. And most men are more visual than women. So for that reason I don't think most men have an issue with choosy women, because we ourselves (at least those with standards) are often quite choosy as well.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how you mean this question. There’s a lot of Bitter Bill’s who’d get upset and accuse a female of falling in love it’s a “fuck boy” who treated her like trash because the female doesn’t want dealings with him. Like I said in the name, they’re just bitter bills lol.

If you saying it in a sense where you’re kind of bragging about having “options” that’s unattractive. Realistically, any decent looking person has options whether it’s a guy flirting while your grocery shopping or someone you met online... over 80% of the guys who show interest in a female aren’t genuinely interested in her for the right reasons and the same applies to men. Just because someone is giving the appearance of being interested doesn’t mean they’re intentions are pure. With that being said, for instance, if I was dealing with a guy who kept mentioning his options and speaking like I’m “disposable” I’d cut it off because that’s kind of ignorant

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean guys in general on this site. In another question, I got blasted for kindly rejecting a guy a felt I had no chemistry with. Some guy told me I was a bitch and that I should be lucky to get any man because I'm over 30 years old. It's like, I still have options, lol.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• I dont think men hate that women are picky, it's very low-energy when women make a big show of openly applying their minds to the issue of how to discriminate if a man is comparable to her other potential choices. As if men don't also have the same ability to communicate about their preferences and judgment over how worthy a woman might be in a man's judgment. If women make a show of being open about their other options, its a kind of dominance behavior, that is at the same time incredibly superficial and relativistic: you can still reject a man without communicating your whole decision making process.. Telling a man openly that you are undecided about your options, that's just an incredibly stupid move, only a desperate low energy looser would tolerate such demeaning and relativistic behavior: which presumes no man isn't also privately weighing up his other options. This behavior is an obvious attempt to force a man into offering a woman a better deal than the other guys she is supposedly considering... I personally wouldn't ever get into such a bidding war, for a woman who thinks she can get more for herself by becoming an auctioneer of herself as a commodity. This is an immature question, made by a spoiled female.

0|0
    0|0
    • No, this is a serious question in response to guys on here. In another question, I got blasted by guys for kindly rejecting a guy I felt I had no chemistry with. I was called a bitch just because I didn't give this guy a "chance".

• That sounds like a completely different topic, that would be phrased as a totally different question, with the emphasis on why people feel its important to give people chances, rather than the issue about women having numerous choices that men can't get their heads around. Since women can easily isolate themselves from reality, being drunk on their attention whoring that won't be sustainable later on in their lives, its pretty easy for women to pass up on actual men that have qualities that women don't even factor into the equation: because of the huge imbalance of social power that women enjoy while they are younger.. The idea that women don't actually know what they want comes to mind, which is why generally there is a meme about women not being too hasty to dismiss something they probably don't fathom the depths of.

• because men have to do all the work and so many lasses are really fat these days it makes finding the decent ones a lottery.

0|2
    0|0
  • You're telling men they have to work on themselves and raise their self standards.

Many can't really handle that.
    Be picky and keep your standards high. Don't take crap and be the person you want to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz of insecurities.

Nobody likes being reminded they have flaws.

If you can't make a decision on who you really want then you haven't found the right one yet.

It's your choice in the end, if you are a decent person, don't lead others on. I've done this before because I enjoyed having girls like me even when I didn't really like them. It was wrong of me and selfish.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only ones who'd hate that are the ones you don't choose. Let's face it, just because us men are the chosen ones to be shot down and rejected, we don't like it. We were chosen for another reason, our ability to shake it off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its because every girl wishes for a hot handsome cool romantic prince etc etc. And most importantly best in all terms from every other girl's boyfriends.
    In short, He should be ' Perfect ' for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean by choices? Meaning you go on dates with multiple guys at once? Or do you mean you have a lot of guys that are into you so you have options to pick from

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean having lots of guys to chose from. In another question, I got blasted by guys for "rejecting" a guy who I didn't feel I had chemistry with.

• Well from the way you worded your original question it seems a little illogical and/or conditional. Guys generally don't like competition but the same could easily be said about girls. Also no offense but your second question sounds very unlikely. I don't see why guys would get mad at you for rejecting someone unless you're leaving out key details.

• Perhaps it is because these days women have a laundry list of expectations that about 80% of men will never truly fulfill. It goes back to the notion that 20% of all men get most of the play while 80% of the men barely get any even though they /think/ they have a lot to offer.

It could also be that many men aren't the most charming and it would seem that only the charming guys, the ones who can produce sparks on demand, are the ones who attract women even if they aren't the most compatible for them.

In reality, it is far more nuanced. I think most women can tell compatibility far easier than men. Men are simple creatures. We like comfort, great enthusiastic sex, affection, food, support, some common interests, and at least some rapport (doesn't have to be mind-blowing here). Some women seem to want fireworks at first glance, something many guys are insecure about because it is so abstract to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's like spending more time picking a movie than watching one. Just make a damned decision already it's not rocket science.

0|0
    0|0
  • Isn't it normal? Do you want to be one of thousands?
    I met you and after half an hour I say sorry I have to go I have another date. Is it ok for you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• When it comes down to it, I think the biggest concern is that the group's we (men and women) look for things we want that don't fit the majority of the opposite (or same) sex. I've learned from experience that communication and understanding between men and women can be difficult, more so when views are different.

There is a difference between "options" and being picky. I believe that with how a number of women can act picks, but also that can be misinterpreted as "having options".

So I believe that if men and women can get together, communicate, be understanding and not afraid to ask what the other means, wants, or intends it can make men and women find easier ways to find a relationship, fall in love, and have happy long term relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • because guys think they are the shit and their ego can't handle the fact that there aren't the best of the best

0|0
    0|0
  • Dunno because when it’s the other way around then women are expected to get over it and bring something else to the table lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes