Why do guys ask girls out then have no plan? Would you ever ask anyone out and not have anything in mind?

This guy asked me out and I agreed but then the day of the date he asked what I wanted to do but rejected all of my ideas so we ended up not going

13

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I would never ask anyone out and not have any plans of what we were going to do. Also, a girl should never accept a date from some guy that asked her and when she ask what they’ve going to do and he doesn’t know yet, etc. A girl is leaving herself wide open to anything by accepting a date invitation like that
    This makes no sense at all – to ask a girl out and she agrees, and then when the time comes for the date he asks her what she wants to do, she gives some ideas, but he rejects them all, so they end up not even going on a date. That sounds so foolish of a guy to do this that I had to rewrite it to see if I could make any sense out of this or not. If a guy isn’t any more resourceful than this I certainly wouldn’t accept a date from him ever again. He should have had some good ideas in mind before he asked you, or when asking you for the date asked you what you’d like doing to make sure it’d be a good date rather than not be doing something he thought you might like and end up with you being bored out of your mind lol. Sounds like this is the first time he’s asked a girl for a date that she accepted. In all fairness, maybe you should have asked him when he asked you what he had in mind to do. Like tried to get some idea of what kind of date this was going to be. You might have said “no” right then or came up with something you both liked after talking about it together ahead of time rather than right on the spot. If you had done that it might have ended as a good date. Obviously, you didn’t know this guy very well because you trusted his judgement and it ended up being very poor. The best you can do now is learn something about dating a guy you don’t know very well, or dating a guy without first discussing what’s planned for the date so you know how to dress – what to expect. That’s about like a double blind date, - never met the guy before plus no idea what kind of date to expect. Always talk about the date when asked before you accept one.

Most Helpful Girl

• The guy should definitely have ideas in mind for the first date :) and if he is rejecting your ideas, then was he compatible with you in the first place?