What does this even mean?

So before I go any further I’m 26 and have only been in one relationship with a string of “almost relationships” (if those are considered real things). I’m currently talking to a guy right now who I knew back in high school. He recently told me I needed to do other stuff to make things even between us. He said he wasn’t talking about sex, which is something that’s not up for discussion right now anyway. I don’t know what this means and he feels I should. I’ve asked my friends and they don’t even know.

Twice we’ve had this discussion this week and I’m honestly just lost because all he is saying is that I should know which is doing nothing but making me feel bad that I don’t. Honestly by this time I feel like maybe we’re trying to force something that’s not meant to happen.

I know the scenario is vague because it really is but does anyone have any idea of what he is talking about?

01