Is it OK to find someone to rebound with after a breakup? Why or why not?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's the same for both genders, don't lead people on if you yourself would be hurt if the shoes were on the other foot. I often see people that allow those they're in a relationship with to waste their time thinking the other person wants it to last forever. That's cruel, but happens quite often. I think there are so many people in the same situation as you. So Connect with them, and heal together perhaps.. As long as you don't allow someone to think your relationship with them is more than it is, there's no problem.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Right after a breakup, it's probably best not to date anyone because you're not emotionally ready. It's probably better to hook up or have friends with benefits so you're not leading someone on.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• It's not ok, the other person can get hurt. You're better off focusing on yourself (school, career, hobbies, exercising, friends, and family). I've had a rebound before and I regret it because looking back I basically used her for sex because I knew she wanted more. It was wrong of me and I wish I never did it, she didn't deserve that. Also, I never lied to her, I told her I wasn't interested in a relationship but I knew she was lying about being ok with just being friends with benefits.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you just want to have some fun and they know that's your intentions then go ahead. If you're going for something deeper I would avoid it unless they are really special.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's essentially using someone. Emotional equivalent to using someone for sex

0|0
    0|0
  • Why: it will ease the. breakup impact
    Why not: it may not last longer,

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 1

• as long as your honest that your only looking for sex i see no harm! just don't lead the other person on

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes