What is meant by the term "unrealistic standards" when it comes to dating?

Which (types of) standards are considered unrealistic? What makes them unrealistic?

328

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say it is when the standards are hypocritical and or the sum of value is greater than that of yourself by an unrealistic amount.
    For example a girl who is overweight, unintelligent and of poor moral fibre would have unrealistic standards if she only desired to date men who were fit, intelligent and of good character.
    So in a way it's subjective but I think it should be looked at as a sum rather than comparing just looks against looks as there are other aspects that create value in a person, despite many people's standards only referring to the aesthetics of the other sex.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE