Is my friend's girlfriend too old?

One of my friends who's 15 is dating a 20 year old. They've known each other for two years. They only recently started dating, but everyone we know including me are fairly cool with it. Honestly it's pretty cute.

We don't really think it's weird cause she looks pretty young for her age, and she's one of the returning alumni for our club, so it's very normal to see her in school. She goes to night classes at the local college and has a part-time job at a diner before her classes, so she's completly free while we have club and shows up.

So is it weird that they're dating, personally given the circumstances, I'm cool with it, but overall their ages are a bit odd to me

516

Most Helpful Guy

• Legality aside, they are no where near the same on the maturity levels. The younger person would be like... how do i flirt? While the latter will be like... I can't wait for the weekend im gunna tear the town up!

They just dont mix spiritually.

• They're actually pretty similar. They're both overly awkward introverts who hate parties and stuff like that. Part of the reason why she still comes to our club

• Well, a fifteen year old is basically finished with puberty anyways. I know I was, so physically, it'd be the same if he dated me

• Girl wise, not guys of course

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly to me it It doesn’t matter, but they might wanna check up the law because if someone reports it to the authorities and claims they have a sexual relationship, the girl can go through a lot of problems and it won’t be pretty for her future. Certain states allow 16 yr olds to do some things and other states don’t so check up the state laws. If the guy was 18 and she was 23 no one would care and nothing would matter but at that age things can get pretty nasty with the law.

• Since she looks pretty young, of they were to go out on a date no one would question. And you can tell just by the way they look at each other it's more than just a sex thing, hence why I'm chill with it

• You’re chill with it cuz you’re her friend and Yeh some people don’t care they will mind their own business but you never know who you can trust. If someone with bad intentions or anyone who’s law abiding finds out she above 18 and report it then she will be in a lot of trouble. They wouldn’t care if it’s sexual or not. It’s better to be safe than sorry just check up the laws.

• I'm pretty sure where I'm from the laws get hazy at 16. He'll be 16 soon anyways, so I'm not too worried about it

What Guys Said 15

• The minor consent laws are wacky but from my understanding if you are dating a minor they are supposed to be within 3 years of your own age, as you get older however my personal rule is half your age plus 9 is the ideal situation. So yes as of now they are too old however as you get older 5 years won't be too different.

• Yep that is weird. That would mean that she is sexually attracted to a child. Dosn't matter how young she looks, she knows what a child looks like. That being said, if I were in the boy's position I would love my life and keep the relationship going as long as possible (especially if she is hot and smart). Lucky sonnuvabitch.

• that's hot OP. when I was 13 I had girlfriend who was 17 if it works and looks fine on the picture why not.

I looked like 16 at the time so nobody noticed that we were "not compatible"

• Ah, she too old. If yo friend 15 then he doesn't even really know about the world, and how hard life is.

• Probably she had bad experience with previous relationships so she decided that having underaged boyfriend would save her from previous problems

• She's actually dated only one other guy, who she dumped due to long distance after he moved to another state. She's honestly a pretty cool chick, she's told me basically everything about her love life

• You realise anyone can move at any time right? Her last boyfriend moved in the middle of their senior year, so school isn't gonna stop that

• You know relationships and logic aren't connected usually :) But I want to stop here. Sorry I went to far in this conversation. I won't argue with you anymore :) Just wanted to dig deeper

• Well, I hope the 20 year old is comfortable with the title of pedophile

• I think its fine. Soceity's age of consent laws are fucked.

• Literally illegal

• they are fine😊

• Wow great guy

• What a stud

• I'm cool with it too.

• yes because the relationship is illegal

• Its not illegal if they dont have sex (germany) other cuntrys other rules

• Provided they do not have any sexual contact with each other I think it is fine. If they do, there might be legal issues.

• Too late 😂

• Duh, they're not *that* stupid 😂

• Okay lol, you never know.

• Yes, it's also illegal

• To be fair, the laws around that get hazy at around 16, and he's gonna turn 16 in January so I don't know

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's odd. If I look at a 15 year old, he is a child to me. I can't imagine how she finds him sexually attractive.

• Well, I think love is love. Yes I'm one of those people, but there is laws about that stuff so be careful is all I'd say

• Usually I'm against stuff like this, but in their situation I can tell it's more than a sex thing or something like that, and she isn't too much older to the point where I feel like I'm talking to an elder. Plus the fact that she looks very young, so no one would suspect anything if they were to go out on a date together

• Its also technically illegal. They should wait til both are at least 18 before dating.

• To be fair, the laws around that get hazy at around 16, with certain conditions being set around it. He's almost 16, so I don't know

• As long as they are both mature and know what they are doing and want then I guess good luck. I've always dated older and sometimes it worked and sometimes not. Just depends on the maturity level and compatibility of the 2 people

• I did date younger Guys. I am dating 16 year old guy now. Since my past experience with relationship always fail.