If a guy starts telling more people about him liking you, is that a sign he’s getting serious about asking you out?

Long story short, the guy I like became distant and he seemed more negative. I figured he was going through stuff so I gave him space. It’s been a few months. His close friends already knew he likes me but now my guy friend knows. Saturday last week, my guy friend told me “(crush’s name) was just asking about you” then when I was puzzled because my crush hasn’t talked to me in months. My friend then said “never mind, I should keep it a secret” and he wouldn’t tell me any more.

It’s been a week since then. Today (Saturday), I was hanging out with the same friend. An hour later my crush comes in and starts talking to him, but still ignoring me. I was too nervous to say anything to him. He seemed uncomfortable in my presence. About 30 minutes later he decided to leave. Even our friend was confused by why he was leaving so soon.

Apparently there’s a secret that I don’t know about but I guess my crush has no courage to do anything yet.

12