Do chubby girls not find fit (skinny) guys attractive?

I am a fit guy, a little bit on the skinny side but not too skinny. I really like chubby girls but they don't seem to be attracted to me. I think I am a not bad looking guy, because I have no problem attracting skinny and fit girls. Skinny girls often look at me and smile when our eyes meet, but chubby girls don't even notice me. Is it because they don't find guys like me attractive or because they think I can't like them? When I am out I see lots of pretty chubby girls and they are always either alone or with guys that a chubby and not that attractive.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• I was a chubby girl myself. When boyfriend & I started dating, I was heavier then he was. He was skinny but taller than me. I was not obese but was quite chunky. At first, he wasn't into me. However, ever since high school, I've always had a big crush on him. Yes, he was skinny but he didn't look like a weakling at all. I never saw that way at all. He's "grown" a lot bigger now while I've slimmed down to "sexy levels" (as he would put it) now. We're still together and still so much in love with each other.

Anyway, maybe it's me. Maybe, I was unlike the other chubby girls. I think they're insecure about themselves and their "defense mechanisms" kick in automatically in anticipation of a possible bad first impression from a guy physically very opposite. It also might be that they think they're doomed to stay chubby forever because, deep inside, they refuse to try hard enough to get more fit.

So, don't feel bad about yourself. Don't feel sorry for them either. They've "type-casted" themselves on a path that a guy like you cannot reach.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd guess they don't think you'd be interested. Talk to them, see if they appreciate your interest in them.